Mike Freeman Reporting Fox will be fired at the end of the season

DABEARSDABOMB

I honestly dont believe that Virginia and the bears are going to want to be paying 3 different coaches in 2017. Very hard time wrapping my head around that. Honestly I think he's given 1 more year considering how bad the situation was when he took over.

I honestly dont believe that Virginia and the bears are going to want to be paying 3 different coaches in 2017. Very hard time wrapping my head around that. Honestly I think he's given 1 more year considering how bad the situation was when he took over.

Fox will get one more year, there are things to like and dislike about him but changing coaches every two years will be getting us nowhere. First of all, Pace will choose the next coach not a BR writer. Cooter may be a good choice but he wont be our coach next year.

I honestly dont believe that Virginia and the bears are going to want to be paying 3 different coaches in 2017. see Very hard time wrapping my head around that. Honestly I think he's given 1 more year considering how bad the situation was when he took over.

I agree, the Bears are not likely to pay Fox to stay home. If there is any truth to this, why not Josh McDaniels? Fangio may be the guy too, Bears may not want to lose him like Gase. One thing, I like the direction of this D. The offense needs an overhaul. Only a few short weeks and we will see.

Take it for what it is worth. Also indicates that they think Jim Bob Cooter (Lions OC) will be near the top of our list.

When I read it, I see him saying that other coaches, or personnel guys, or media talking heads from around the league think Fox will be gone. Not a single tidbit from inside the Bears org.

When I read it, I see him saying that other coaches, or personnel guys, or media talking heads from around the league think Fox will be gone. Not a single tidbit from inside the Bears org.

His sources was probably Mike Mulligan. I have read reasonable chatter about Fangio not happy though. He is considering a jump to HC at some point and coaching the Bears is not helping his cause. If I was Pace I would encourage Fangio to stick around one more year when firing Fox becomes reasonable.

if they are going to fire Fox, they need to do it this season...before we get a new QB . If they wait and Fire him after next season, then our new QB will have to start over with a new coach and that will set him back. We need stability in the coaching staff so we can start to build an identity rather than rebooting ever couple of years.

and if we end up with Jim Bob Cooter, he needs to pick one first name and go with it. I cringe every time i hear the name Jim Bob Cooter lol

If there is any truth to this, why not Josh McDaniels?

uhhhhh... if this happened it would seriously be a bad thing. we dump players who are trouble so WHY hire a criminally stupid, documented thief and cheater for a head coach?

i don't want to win that bad to hire garbage like him.

stay with the group of coaches we have at least one more year.

uhhhhh... if this happened it would seriously be a bad thing. we dump players who are trouble so WHY hire a criminally stupid, documented thief and cheater for a head coach?

His first go round was horrendous, but he will hit the carousel again as a top candidate. I would prefer to keep everything intact as they chose this path for a rebuild. It would only set the franchise back by changing schemes etc with so many young players. Loggains is also learning and seems to be ok when anybody but Cutler is at QB. Love to see Mike McCoy at OC though if he doesn't survive SD.

Absolutely this. I'd probably denounce my Bears fandom if they were to hire a lout like McDaniels.

I feel that Fox and Co. are owed at least one more season. Fox (and to some degree Pace) were stuck with Cutler thanks to the nimrod known as Emery. It's well documented that Pace had tried to unsuccessfully pass along Cutler to those that picked early QBs these last few years (Titans and Eagles). They should be given the opportunity to try and make it a go Cutler-free and see what comes of it.

Absolutely this. I'd probably denounce my Bears fandom if they were to hire a lout like McDaniels.

I feel that Fox and Co. are owed at least one more season. Fox (and to some degree Pace) were stuck with Cutler thanks to the nimrod known as Emery. It's well documented that Pace had tried to unsuccessfully pass along Cutler to those that picked early QBs these last few years (Titans and Eagles). They should be given the opportunity to try and make it a go Cutler-free and see what comes of it.

Look on the bright side if McDaniel was hired it would guarantee that Cutler was cut! lol

IM in the camp that I dont want to see Fox and co fired. I love what Fangio has done with our D and would hate to see that screwed up. The Browns fire their coaching staffs every 2 years, I do not want to see the Bears turn into the Browns.

I will say I like the Harbaugh idea tho, Fangio was his DC in San Fran so maybe he would stay on his staff.

I will say I dont see Harbaugh leaving Michigan

His sources was probably Mike Mulligan. I have read reasonable chatter about Fangio not happy though. He is considering a jump to HC at some point and coaching the Bears is not helping his cause. If I was Pace I would encourage Fangio to stick around one more year when firing Fox becomes reasonable.

The only way Fangio is going to leave is if he gets a HC job, remember he has a contract and those arent that easily broken unless the regime wants him gone.

I have said it before, if HC Fox is fired, I want Fangio as our next HC.

For one thing it will allow for our defense to continue to grow.

It will only get better under Fangio as the youth gets experience and the DBs are strengthened.

Secondly, he has a personality I love, open and honest, does not sugar coat things. Love it!

I have said it before, if HC Fox is fired, I want Fangio as our next HC.

For one thing it will allow for our defense to continue to grow.

It will only get better under Fangio as the youth gets experience and the DBs are strengthened.

Secondly, he has a personality I love, open and honest, does not sugar coat things. Love it!

The while rumour thing may be from the the organization wanting Fangio to stay over Fox. I would have to say keeping Fangio at DC with Harbaugh at HC sounds intriguing.

The only way Fangio is going to leave is if he gets a HC job, remember he has a contract and those arent that easily broken unless the regime wants him gone.

That's correct. Only read he was not happy. He knows teams look at successful teams for HC candidates and this current team is not making him a front runner. That is good for us though.

For the record, I don't want any of the coaches to go.

I don't want Harbaugh. He's too much of a whiner.

I'm with you on this if it was up to me they all stay. With Fox most likely on the hot seat going into next season we will see another example of what happened to Lovie. Lovie could not get a good OC to come on board because everyone knew he could be fired at the drop of a hat. Who wants to come in for a year and have to pick up and move again. That is the reason we got Martz and then Tice.