Team Needs

jason

Team Needs  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What are the top two needs for the Bears?

• QB
    • LT
    • WR
    • TE
    • DE
    • CB
    • FS
    • SS

Select two options from the poll. What are the top two team needs?

with the selections you put up i went qb and cb.

i would like to know if you meant these two choices to be for the first round option or overall. the left tackle option would also be there if you meant for this to be in the top five picks in the draft where we pick. if there was a LT stud and the QB's were an uncertain value i would have to go with a shut down CB or a stud LT.

if there were no true studs in those three positions i would seriously consider trading down only if someone were to give us NEXT years first round pick. that way next year if the QB class looks good we could throw 2 first round picks out there to move into the top 5 again.

that said, somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds you have to think of a RT in the mix although not in the top 10. this could also change depending upon if whitehair could project to become an ABOVE AVERAGE tackle if you moved him there.

everyone seems to want a TE in those rounds. i just don't see that as a valuable pick for us in those slots. i think that brown has potential to be a starter for us. the guy has great hands.

with the selections you put up i went qb and cb.

i would like to know if you meant these two choices to be for the first round option or overall. the left tackle option would also be there if you meant for this to be in the top five picks in the draft where we pick. if there was a LT stud and the QB's were an uncertain value i would have to go with a shut down CB or a stud LT.

if there were no true studs in those three positions i would seriously consider trading down only if someone were to give us NEXT years first round pick. that way next year if the QB class looks good we could throw 2 first round picks out there to move into the top 5 again.

that said, somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds you have to think of a RT in the mix although not in the top 10. this could also change depending upon if whitehair could project to become an ABOVE AVERAGE tackle if you moved him there.

everyone seems to want a TE in those rounds. i just don't see that as a valuable pick for us in those slots. i think that brown has potential to be a starter for us. the guy has great hands.

Nope. I just wanted to see what everyone thought our top two needs were. Just because they're our needs doesn't mean those players will be available in the first and second round.

I said QB and LT. I would say QB because of how important they are to the entire team, no one position is more important, and right now our prospects are Cutler, Hoyer, and Barkley. Cutler has already shown he will never be a winner, Hoyer put up good numbers in a game manager role and Barkley is still pretty raw with only some upside. LT is huge for any team and we have had a void there for a long time. Regardless of the QB, the LT will make them better.

I would say CB is 3rd because there are ways to hide weaknesses there and we still have Porter, Fuller, LeBlanc and Callahan, though a complete shutdown CB would be huge for this defense. However, based on their recent play, I would almost say Safety is a close 3B and depending on how you look at it in regards to importance, may be more needed than CB. The Jordy Nelson catch showed how weak we are there...total blown coverage/assignment on a play where you couldn't get beat deep.

Also, I didn't see this as "draft needs" as we can get some guys via Free Agency.

If there is a franchise QB available, that's gotta be the pick. It's a top need for us.

If Myles Garrett is available, even though it's not a top need, you gotta look hard at him too.

So this comment isn't so much about who the pick should be, but if we are just discussing team needs, I think we need WRs more than people realize. I doubt it'd be the first pick at #4, but in the first 2 or 3 rounds, I think we will see a WR taken.

If there is a franchise QB available, that's gotta be the pick. It's a top need for us.

If Myles Garrett is available, even though it's not a top need, you gotta look hard at him too.

So this comment isn't so much about who the pick should be, but if we are just discussing team needs, I think we need WRs more than people realize. I doubt it'd be the first pick at #4, but in the first 2 or 3 rounds, I think we will see a WR taken.

There is much debate on how good this QB class is, so if we dont have to reach and still get a QB prospect, I would say that would be out of the first two rounds.

I'm surprised there isn't more voting for DE. Unrein is a backup at best, and the fact that the D is doing well is masking his inability to do anything except occupy a blocker. I think the OTs, WRs, and Safeties are doing better than he is. He's just there.

I'm surprised there isn't more voting for DE. Unrein is a backup at best, and the fact that the D is doing well is masking his inability to do anything except occupy a blocker. I think the OTs, WRs, and Safeties are doing better than he is. He's just there.

If Calais Campbell DE ARZ hits the open market, the Bears should jump all over him to fill the gap until Bullard emerges or falls. Sign Campbell at DE, go with our current OLB's and draft QB or CB.

I went CB and FS. Friggin tired of getting burned by Puckin Rodgers on long passes when its 4th and a million yards.

QB because it's unsettled and it's the most important position.

CB is close 2nd but I can also go FS. Either way if we put a stud out there it makes the rest of the pieces much better. FS can cover up a CB who gets beat deep. Elite CB can negate the need for a FS to worry about one side of the field. Fangio & Co. will know how to setup either scenario.

It's a need but I think if we had Goldman out there all year that would be less of an issue. Aside from Calais Campbell there is nothing of note in the 3-4 DE FA market. That means Campbell will likely command a salary far too high for Pace (I agree). Somewhere we will add someone to the mix, possibly a NT because they are easier to find later in the draft. Or we go after someone like Dontari Poe if he's available and move Goldman to DE.

It's a need but I think if we had Goldman out there all year that would be less of an issue. Aside from Calais Campbell there is nothing of note in the 3-4 DE FA market. That means Campbell will likely command a salary far too high for Pace (I agree). Somewhere we will add someone to the mix, possibly a NT because they are easier to find later in the draft. Or we go after someone like Dontari Poe if he's available and move Goldman to DE.

I am ok paying big in fa and front load it. The amount of cap we will have will be huge, especially if Cutler gets released. 48 mil plus 14 if Cutler is cut (62 total). They can sign two big fa's and a handful of middle tier with that. Jeffery will have to be signed or taggedbecause they should not let him go with no return.

I went CB. But not just cb it's time for a stud shutdown CB. We did great things when we had peanut back there. That can hide other ineffenciences when you can take out the #1 wr with just 1 guy leaving safeties to help out on the other side. I also went LT. Reasoning is because a great Lt can make a good QB look amazing. Then obviously QB

Bingo, right there with you...

QB because it's unsettled and it's the most important position.

CB is close 2nd but I can also go FS. Either way if we put a stud out there it makes the rest of the pieces much better. FS can cover up a CB who gets beat deep. Elite CB can negate the need for a FS to worry about one side of the field. Fangio & Co. will know how to setup either scenario.