Victor Cruz a Bear

GakMan23

This reads to me as "just in case Kevin White is bad and/or injured, let's have another outside receiver in camp."

That's kind of what I was thinking too and funny how they just did this right after he missed the OTA's

This reads to me as "just in case Kevin White is bad and/or injured, let's have another outside receiver in camp."

Yeah and the fact he was in Chicago several days ago, visited some other teams (who didn't sign him) makes me think they aren't too convinced he'll be around either. I personally hope so. Like what Cruz has to offer but know he's older and coming off some bad injuries.

Interesting that we pull the trigger after the White injury.

Just throwing darts at the board. Until White proves to be a #1, we have a #2 in Meridith, so lets upgrade the depth to see what shakes out.

White? hedging our bet that he may be a bust

Meridith a UDFA that turned out great

Wright will play the slot and be able to stay healthy for a whole season with less snaps. Took Royals spot of the roster

Wheaton is a boon or bust player, if he hits another #2 on the roster. Brings downfield speed

Cruz, upgrades the overall depth at WR. If we hit, huge signing, if not, its just money

Randle a long shot to make roster

Gentry I would suspect to be a practice squad guy

Bellamy probably on his way out, he had to many drops anyways

Bravemen, I would say still has one more year on the practice squad but might be gone

According to Victor, he signed here to be a slot WR. He definitely sounds like someone who was not happy playing on the outside last year. I would also say he's not happy ending up on a rebuilding team without a good QB situation, but it's a 1 year deal. He has his work cutout for him to get back to the receiving numbers he's used to.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/playPopup?id=19464031

According to Victor, he signed here to be a slot WR. He definitely sounds like someone who was not happy playing on the outside last year. I would also say he's not happy ending up on a rebuilding team without a good QB situation, but it's a 1 year deal. He has his work cutout for him to get back to the receiving numbers he's used to.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/playPopup?id=19464031

That also could have partly contributed to his drop in production. He was healthy pretty much all season last year but his strong suit is slot. He is now the most established WR in the group here. I'm good with this it's a 1 year signing for a reasonable number and a cheaper option than Royal who seems like was more often injured than on the field. Putting Cruz in his natural spot could be a win win for both us and him. At this point in his career he has something to prove if he wants to stay in the league. If he puts up solid numbers this season we can extend him or some other team will sign him. With so many ? at WR on this team the more bodies you can throw at the position the better the odds of reaching the 53 with at least a serviceable group. The better our WR/QB play the easier it will be for Howard in the run game. The hope is between the WR's and TE's we'll have enough production to keep the offense balanced and help Glennon and Trubisky