Waiting...

madlithuanian

Not sure if this was worthy of its own string so I put it here. After seeing parts of last nights game between the Rams and 9ers I think the Bears need to follow the model the Rams are using. That being get Trubisky in as soon as possible and get him reps like they eventually did with Goff last year. Although he looked a little "overwhelmed" last year Goff looks pretty confident whether it be roll outs or standing in the pocket looking at his options.

Continuing with the model they set, the Bears would need to then go out and pay for at least two solid FA WRs (like Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins) and draft a high caliber WR like Cooper Kupp (could Gentry be him?) then I think things will fall into place. Again the key is how well Trubisky plays and won't know that until he actually does.

By the way, if Garçon becomes a FA in the near future, the Bears need him.

Co-signed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In agreement as well, he's gotta get his feet wet at some point. Trubisky doesn't strike me as the type who will get shell shocked and be ruined. He strikes me as a very resilient kid who who will take mistakes as lessons to learn from and will work his butt off to make sure he doesn't repeat mistakes. Having Long back in the mix will help though now Grasu has a club on his hand. The deck at Oline keeps getting shuffled. Stability would help with throwing Trubisky out there.

That said, having a statue like Glennon can make an Oline look worse than it is. When defenders don't have to worry about the launch point ever changing they can just tee off. The thing I really liked about Mitch in the preseason was his pocket awareness and mobility within it and ability to evade pressure. May have been mostly against 2nd & 3rd stringers it's an intangible that a QB either has or doesn't have. Perhaps someone with Mitch's mobility can help out the line because he can get out of trouble, and extend plays. Who knows he could go out there and light it up. Won't know till he gets real meaningful action.

In the context of getting a rookie QB some experience; D. Watson went toe to toe (in Foxborough) with Tom Brady and nearly won. Threw 301 yds with 2 TDs and 2 INTs (he's a rookie). Can't get that experience watching from the sideline.

and you can see the improvement week to week. Trubisky is missing out. We have a great running game and an improved defense. This is the ideal place for him to get experience. We are not expected to be good, so there won't be a lot of pressure on him to win immediately.

and you can see the improvement week to week. Trubisky is missing out. We have a great running game and an improved defense. This is the ideal place for him to get experience. We are not expected to be good, so there won't be a lot of pressure on him to win immediately.

Precisely.

In the context of getting a rookie QB some experience; D. Watson went toe to toe (in Foxborough) with Tom Brady and nearly won. Threw 301 yds with 2 TDs and 2 INTs (he's a rookie). Can't get that experience watching from the sideline.

Especially hard to learn anything useful while watching the disaster that is Glennon. Other than learning what not to do. After tonight there is no defending Glennon. Fear of failure stunting his growth is not a valid argument anymore. Watching this train wreck of an offense led by a sorry excuse for a qb just might. It's time for a change. We have an extended break before week 5. Watiching this team till they make the change is not good for my blood pressure. Tonight's game was beyond infuriating.

After that TNF debacle, there is no way you can start Glennon anymore. What is the point, we are 1-3 and Glennon has regressed every game. Down 21 with 4 minutes left, we run the clock out? That shows a lot of confidence in his ability. I am sure no one has confidence in him, which rubs off on the entire team. They need a spark, and Trubisky is it. Just think if they ran a hurry-up, scored in less than a minute, and got an onside kick with over 2 minutes left? They would have had a shot at the win with their timeouts. Instead, they run the clock out. Straight up embarrassing.

Just think if an opposing defense has to think about a QB that can actually leave the pocket, or make plays with his legs? They have been able to stack the box and do not have to leave a spy in. They won't be able to do that with Trubisky, so there will magically be more space to make passes. If you are wondering why Glennon is always throwing into what seems like triple coverage is because they are able to free up a defender on every play knowing Glennon won't run. Safeties can stack the box, or play over the top. LB's can drop back deeper knowing Glennon won't run.

After that TNF debacle, there is no way you can start Glennon anymore. What is the point, we are 1-3 and Glennon has regressed every game. Down 21 with 4 minutes left, we run the clock out? That shows a lot of confidence in his ability. I am sure no one has confidence in him, which rubs off on the entire team. They need a spark, and Trubisky is it. Just think if they ran a hurry-up, scored in less than a minute, and got an onside kick with over 2 minutes left? They would have had a shot at the win with their timeouts. Instead, they run the clock out. Straight up embarrassing.

Just think if an opposing defense has to think about a QB that can actually leave the pocket, or make plays with his legs? They have been able to stack the box and do not have to leave a spy in. They won't be able to do that with Trubisky, so there will magically be more space to make passes. If you are wondering why Glennon is always throwing into what seems like triple coverage is because they are able to free up a defender on every play knowing Glennon won't run. Safeties can stack the box, or play over the top. LB's can drop back deeper knowing Glennon won't run.

Excellent point. Teams aren't afraid of Glennon. Simple as that.

So I'm curious; how did Pace, Fox and I'm guessing Loggains decide to go with Glennon? With players like AJ McCarron, Case Keenum and Jacoby Brisset out there, what made Glennon that appealing? Keep in mind this is the same staff that pulled off a CIA worthy covert meet and workout with Trubisky to eventually make some bold moves to secure him in the draft. Should we be concerned on how they, as a group, judge talent? Or was Glennon expected to be the straw man all along? Surely they had to see this happen?

So I'm curious; how did Pace, Fox and I'm guessing Loggains decide to go with Glennon? With players like AJ McCarron, Case Keenum and Jacoby Brisset out there, what made Glennon that appealing? Keep in mind this is the same staff that pulled off a CIA worthy covert meet and workout with Trubisky to eventually make some bold moves to secure him in the draft. Should we be concerned on how they, as a group, judge talent? Or was Glennon expected to be the straw man all along? Surely they had to see this happen?

I said it with Cutler and ill say it with Glennon, its not all his fault. He has the worst WR corp in the league and a beat up Oline until this last week that still did him no favors. Regardless of those facts, he still made some terrible throws and mistakes.

With that said, its time for Tru........ I just hope he doesnt get killed if they play him.

The first play for the offense they run a 7 step drop and ask Dion Simms to block Clay Matthews........ how freakin stupid is Dowell Loggins???? Set the whole tone of the game.

I said it with Cutler and ill say it with Glennon, its not all his fault. He has the worst WR corp in the league and a beat up Oline until this last week that still did him no favors. Regardless of those facts, he still made some terrible throws and mistakes.

With that said, its time for Tru........ I just hope he doesnt get killed if they play him.

The first play for the offense they run a 7 step drop and ask Dion Simms to block Clay Matthews........ how freakin stupid is Dowell Loggins???? Set the whole tone of the game.

And when you hit the seventh step, the qb is supposed to fire. Didn't happen. Glennon knew they were blitzing as he was dropping back. It was his job to get rid off it.

Cutler had Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett, and Forte. So there was no excuse for his errors. He just had bad habits that he could not correct (throwing off back foot, etc). He always thought his arm could save him, and that got him into trouble. Otherwise, we knew what we had, he was a known commodity. Jay Cutler's first quarter against NO > 6-8, for 70 yds and an INT. Makes 2-3 great throws, then an INT.

For Glennon, regardless of the WR's, he is brutal. Kendall Wright and Markus Wheaton have both produced elsewhere, and we have one of the deepest TE Corps (Miller, Sims, Shaheen, Brown) and Cohen out of the backfield. Regardless of the personnel, Glennon has been terrible. He can't read defenses, doesn't audible out of plays when the defense dictates, is totally immobile (causing sacks), and has not been accurate with his passes. Every INT has been on him, no tips, or receiver falling down, or something along those lines. All just bad throws. Also, from what it looks like Glennon's progression goes in to out, not out to in.

Loggains is not very good either. If you look at the all-22 view, he has a lot of routes that are crowded, so the defense can basically cover the over and under of 2 receivers with 3 defenders.

If you look at the all-22 view, he has a lot of routes that are crowded, so the defense can basically cover the over and under of 2 receivers with 3 defenders.

Where are you able to see the all 22? Id sure love to see that!

Cutler had Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett, and Forte. So there was no excuse for his errors. He just had bad habits that he could not correct (throwing off back foot, etc). He always thought his arm could save him, and that got him into trouble. Otherwise, we knew what we had, he was a known commodity. Jay Cutler's first quarter against NO > 6-8, for 70 yds and an INT. Makes 2-3 great throws, then an INT.

For Glennon, regardless of the WR's, he is brutal. Kendall Wright and Markus Wheaton have both produced elsewhere, and we have one of the deepest TE Corps (Miller, Sims, Shaheen, Brown) and Cohen out of the backfield. Regardless of the personnel, Glennon has been terrible. He can't read defenses, doesn't audible out of plays when the defense dictates, is totally immobile (causing sacks), and has not been accurate with his passes. Every INT has been on him, no tips, or receiver falling down, or something along those lines. All just bad throws. Also, from what it looks like Glennon's progression goes in to out, not out to in.

Loggains is not very good either. If you look at the all-22 view, he has a lot of routes that are crowded, so the defense can basically cover the over and under of 2 receivers with 3 defenders.

What two of the 8 years in Chicago....while the team had zero D and Trestman leading the team. Treatment lost control, the locker room was a mess.

Watson against TEN so far: 25-33, 75.8%, 283 yds, 4 TD, 1 INT, 127.9 Rating, 1 Rushing TD. So 5 TD's for the rookie. This is why Trubisky needs to start.

1. I agree u have to start Tru

2. See Goff - shit first year off to good start year two

3. Watson - really liked him pre draft....

4. Watson keeps this up and you see what happens when you bring in a rookie with a solid supporting cast... ie Dak and Dallas

Perfect world White and Meredith would be playing..... but it’s the Bears, perfect world doesn’t exist!

Let’s go Tru!!!

When you look at the full 22 do you see if they are only doing 1 and 2 man routes with only a RB check down as the only other option?

When you look at the full 22 do you see if they are only doing 1 and 2 man routes with only a RB check down as the only other option?

Here is Glennon's first play. He has Miller wide open in the flats with room to run. Miller did a little chip on the DE, then curled outside. Miller went in motion and the DB followed, so Glennon knew he had man coverage. Easy throw, first down and potentially more. Miller is open from 1.8 secs until the end of the play. Wright, who looked like the intended receiver ran a long 15 yard out underneath the Fly pattern that was clearing out the safety. The problem with any deep throw is you had the single high safety, so any deep ball would potentially have 2 defenders. Glennon also has a decent pocket to step up into, but as he normally does, he plants that back foot on his drop and stays put. This allows Mathews, who was initially blocked to go all the way around Massie for the strip sack. Glennon could've already thrown the ball to Miller for a nice gain or stepped up and delivered a strike to Wright on the run.

t0i2bk.jpg

This play was a completion to Sims, but it shows what Glennon misses. Thompson in motion at bottom, no one follows, so he knows it is a zone coverage and there will be a gap between CB/LB and Cover 2 Safeties. He needs to throw a pass in the soft zone between the 38 and 44. As you can see in this picture, 4 guys out in routes with Howard wide open with no one near him. The miss for me was Thompson at the bottom who is at a full sprint past the stationary defender. If he hits Thompson around the 40, he probably scores. Instead he goes to Sims who gets lit up by the defender breaking in from the 40.

2h7dl6e.jpg

Interception

Pass intended for Wheaton, zone coverage, so Glennon needs to throw between coverages. Zone 101. Wheaton is open, but he needed to throw it right after Wheaton cleared the DB who released him around the 50. The sweet spot was near the 45. He also has Howard uncovered right in front of him and another receiver open at the top of the screen.

Glennon overthrows this ball right to the Safety for an easy pick. INT on red X.

2prtmhk.jpg