Panthers (4-2) at Bears (2-4) Game Thread

adam

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've missed the last 10 years of Bears football. How many times have they lost games after great defensive performances?

I've been watching Bears football since '66 ! How long you been watching? Don't you ever question how much I have vested in this team!

If I had Game Pass this year I'd be watching some All-22 to see if players are open or not. It seems to me Trubisky is not seeing the field very well and is holding the ball too long. The Oline did him no favors in the 2nd half either.

The D was excellent again and harassed Newton all game long. He looked tired and worn out late in the game. There are still things to clean up with all those 3rd and longs we gave up. Despite those plays the defense doesn't quit which tells me they are starting to believe in themselves and each other.

If I had Game Pass this year I'd be watching some All-22 to see if players are open or not. It seems to me Trubisky is not seeing the field very well and is holding the ball too long. The Oline did him no favors in the 2nd half either.

Plain and simple. Trubisky is better as a mobile roll out passer at this point in his career. They don’t have to do it everytime, just enough to horizontally stretch the field. Opposing teams are able to crunch the offense between the hashes. This standing in the pocket like a statue thing is what got Glennon demoted.

I've been watching Bears football since '66 ! How long you been watching? Don't you ever question how much I have vested in this team!

Great job avoiding the actual issue I brought up.

I'll repeat: There's a reason why so many people are hesitant to buy into this team, or any of the other teams over the years, and it's because their track record sucks. I will continue to praise good things and criticize the bad, just like I always have. If it seems like there's been more bad than good, then maybe that has something to do with the fact that they've made one playoff appearance in the last 11 years.

What a crazy game, I don't even know what to think. Trubisky threw 7 passes, we had 5 first downs, and 153 yards on offense. CAR had the ball over 38 minutes. That is not sustainable for the defense. We got lucky that Jackson actually scored on those plays, otherwise we are probably tied 3-3.

As good as the defense was, the offense was literally the polar opposite. Loggains needs to go. Where are all the quick slants and quick hitting plays? This also smells a lot like Fox. Think Tebow's first year. To me, once we got a lead, they basically prevented Trubisky from doing anything that could lose the game.

I was assuming we were going to change the game plan to take advantage of Trubisky's mobility, but it seems like they have no idea what they are doing anymore. A WR was targeted once and he caught it (Gentry), while we release Deonte Thompson who catches 4 balls for 104 yards for Buffalo and literally won the game for them with a huge catch late in the game.

Now we get NO who has won 4 in a row and found a running game to compliment Brees. We will need more than 3 points on offense to win next week. A win is a win, but I would like to see some progress from Trubisky, but that is hard with only 7 pass attempts.

The D was excellent again and harassed Newton all game long. He looked tired and worn out late in the game. There are still things to clean up with all those 3rd and longs we gave up. Despite those plays the defense doesn't quit which tells me they are starting to believe in themselves and each other.

I don't see how he is not seeing the field well when they only let him pass 7 times. He completed 4 of those for over 25 yards a pass, but the team is forcing him into only passing when it is expeted and not giving him a chance to get into a rhythm. The play calling is attrocious

I don't see how he is not seeing the field well when they only let him pass 7 times. He completed 4 of those for over 25 yards a pass, but the team is forcing him into only passing when it is expeted and not giving him a chance to get into a rhythm. The play calling is attrocious

Bingo. 4 for 7 with 4 sacks. That means he only dropped back a total of 11 times. How is he supposed to get into any kind of rhythm of that's what the game plan is. Even the best QBs need to get into a rhythm before they dismantle teams. And what's more frustrating is when you see a 10 man front and you still run the ball. Which tells me the coaching staff doesn't want trubisky Changing plays. This game plan will not work long term. And will get you destroyed against good teams that don't turn the ball over. If we try this again next week Brees will destroy us even if the defense gets 2 or more takeways

Okay everyone I'm going to give you two names. John Shoop and Ron Turner. Then the stats that were brought up during the game saying that the last 2 QBs that attempted this few amount of passes and win games were both coached by Fox(Tebow and Weinke). Both of the OCs I named were basically ground and pound and this is what we are seeing now with Loggins.

Okay everyone I'm going to give you two names. John Shoop and Ron Turner. Then the stats that were brought up during the game saying that the last 2 QBs that attempted this few amount of passes and win games were both coached by Fox(Tebow and Weinke). Both of the OCs I named were basically ground and pound and this is what we are seeing now with Loggins.

That alone scares the hell out of me if he's being mentioned with those 2

Wasn't able to see the game due to celebrating our first anniversary in Cincy. All I have to go on are highlights and box scores.

This just blows my mind 7 pass attempts.... 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see 7 in a quarter, maybe a half given game flow but in an entire game??? And we are seeing this week week in and week out. Trubisky's first start they allowed him to use his abilities more and he looked better. Did they chose to take the game away from him because he threw a pick in his first start??? That says we don't trust you to learn, therefore we are going to use game plan to limit your opportunities for error despite the fact that doing so also severely limits opportunity for success. This has to be the most gutless play calling I've seen in some time. If all your going to do is hand off, stay in the pocket, take sacks, and only attempt a hand full of passes a game we might as well have stuck with Glennon as that's all he's capable of doing. You draft a kid #2 overall be cause you are impressed with his mobility, and all the good things that come him throwing well on the run then you tell him "here's your spot" don't move from there and just hand off. Once in a while we'll let you throw a pass.

If not for the defense this is a loss and probably a bad one. If we don't step outside this microscopic box we've put Trubisky in we will get slaughtered next week. The D will only be able to hold up so long agains a high scoring offense like NO especially now that they have a run game to go with their air attack. I absolutely love what I"m seeing out of the D this year. Early on we weren't getting turnovers but were getting our hands on a lot of balls, those almost turnovers are turning into big plays. That is giving this D confidence. The secondary is playing better and now taking the ball away that is huge for the front 7 to be more aggressive. This D could be special, just wish we had an offense to go with it.

One must ask, in what universe is this kind of offensive game plan in any way helpful to a rookie QB or a team in general. I don't care if you have Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. back there throwing when you rarely throw you negate your QB and force your team to face 8-10 men boxes all game long because they don't fear your passing game for the hand full of completions you may get. What this teaches Trubisky is we don't think enough of your talent to give you room to succeed because we're too scared of letting you make mistakes. What's the difference between 3 and out nearly every possession and committing a turnover but giving yourself a chance to move the ball? The difference is cowardly play calling. It's not just playing not to lose it's playing scared to death of making a mistake. All this is doing is delaying his development not helping it. You have to turn him loose and see what he can do, let him make mistakes it will happen, but those mistakes can be learning experiences. And with a rookie mistakes are expected. It's like getting a brand new awesome toy for Christmas and just leaving it in the box cause you are afraid to break it.

Wasn't able to see the game due to celebrating our first anniversary in Cincy. All I have to go on are highlights and box scores.

This just blows my mind 7 pass attempts.... 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see 7 in a quarter, maybe a half given game flow but in an entire game??? And we are seeing this week week in and week out. Trubisky's first start they allowed him to use his abilities more and he looked better. Did they chose to take the game away from him because he threw a pick in his first start??? That says we don't trust you to learn, therefore we are going to use game plan to limit your opportunities for error despite the fact that doing so also severely limits opportunity for success. This has to be the most gutless play calling I've seen in some time. If all your going to do is hand off, stay in the pocket, take sacks, and only attempt a hand full of passes a game we might as well have stuck with Glennon as that's all he's capable of doing. You draft a kid #2 overall be cause you are impressed with his mobility, and all the good things that come him throwing well on the run then you tell him "here's your spot" don't move from there and just hand off. Once in a while we'll let you throw a pass.

If not for the defense this is a loss and probably a bad one. If we don't step outside this microscopic box we've put Trubisky in we will get slaughtered next week. The D will only be able to hold up so long agains a high scoring offense like NO especially now that they have a run game to go with their air attack. I absolutely love what I"m seeing out of the D this year. Early on we weren't getting turnovers but were getting our hands on a lot of balls, those almost turnovers are turning into big plays. That is giving this D confidence. The secondary is playing better and now taking the ball away that is huge for the front 7 to be more aggressive. This D could be special, just wish we had an offense to go with it.

One must ask, in what universe is this kind of offensive game plan in any way helpful to a rookie QB or a team in general. I don't care if you have Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. back there throwing when you rarely throw you negate your QB and force your team to face 8-10 men boxes all game long because they don't fear your passing game for the hand full of completions you may get. What this teaches Trubisky is we don't think enough of your talent to give you room to succeed because we're too scared of letting you make mistakes. What's the difference between 3 and out nearly every possession and committing a turnover but giving yourself a chance to move the ball? The difference is cowardly play calling. It's not just playing not to lose it's playing scared to death of making a mistake. All this is doing is delaying his development not helping it. You have to turn him loose and see what he can do, let him make mistakes it will happen, but those mistakes can be learning experiences. And with a rookie mistakes are expected. It's like getting a brand new awesome toy for Christmas and just leaving it in the box cause you are afraid to break it.

Fox wants wins. He's going to sacrifice all for them. Trubisky is not going to develop as a top QB if Fox continues to dictate overly consevative play calling.

He's ahead of the plan.

The plan was to let him ride pine all season long.

Tru is out there. Making playing, being part of it. It's development. Granted, if there were better coaches/gameplans, we might see that development move faster. But it is moving...

I think we will be forced to throw this Sunday. Let's see what happens...

Fox wants wins. He's going to sacrifice all for them. Trubisky is not going to develop as a top QB if Fox continues to dictate overly consevative play calling.

Wasn't able to see the game due to celebrating our first anniversary in Cincy. All I have to go on are highlights and box scores. This just blows my mind 7 pass attempts.... 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see 7 in a quarter, maybe a half given game flow but in an entire game??? And we are seeing this week week in and week out. Trubisky's first start they allowed him to use his abilities more and he looked better. Did they chose to take the game away from him because he threw a pick in his first start??? That says we don't trust you to learn, therefore we are going to use game plan to limit your opportunities for error despite the fact that doing so also severely limits opportunity for success. This has to be the most gutless play calling I've seen in some time. If all your going to do is hand off, stay in the pocket, take sacks, and only attempt a hand full of passes a game we might as well have stuck with Glennon as that's all he's capable of doing. You draft a kid #2 overall be cause you are impressed with his mobility, and all the good things that come him throwing well on the run then you tell him "here's your spot" don't move from there and just hand off. Once in a while we'll let you throw a pass. If not for the defense this is a loss and probably a bad one. If we don't step outside this microscopic box we've put Trubisky in we will get slaughtered next week. The D will only be able to hold up so long agains a high scoring offense like NO especially now that they have a run game to go with their air attack. I absolutely love what I"m seeing out of the D this year. Early on we weren't getting turnovers but were getting our hands on a lot of balls, those almost turnovers are turning into big plays. That is giving this D confidence. The secondary is playing better and now taking the ball away that is huge for the front 7 to be more aggressive. This D could be special, just wish we had an offense to go with it. One must ask, in what universe is this kind of offensive game plan in any way helpful to a rookie QB or a team in general. I don't care if you have Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. back there throwing when you rarely throw you negate your QB and force your team to face 8-10 men boxes all game long because they don't fear your passing game for the hand full of completions you may get. What this teaches Trubisky is we don't think enough of your talent to give you room to succeed because we're too scared of letting you make mistakes. What's the difference between 3 and out nearly every possession and committing a turnover but giving yourself a chance to move the ball? The difference is cowardly play calling. It's not just playing not to lose it's playing scared to death of making a mistake. All this is doing is delaying his development not helping it. You have to turn him loose and see what he can do, let him make mistakes it will happen, but those mistakes can be learning experiences. And with a rookie mistakes are expected. It's like getting a brand new awesome toy for Christmas and just leaving it in the box cause you are afraid to break it.

The trade off is possibly two losses. Take that for what it is, but there was no reason to throw the ball with a 2 TD lead against the Panthers. Is it ugly, yes. Does it slow the development of Trubisky, possibly yes. This would be the same reason why they didn't hand the ball off to Cohen, they didn't want to risk a turnover with a 2 TD lead. If Fox wants to remain HC, he knows he needs W's. If it wasn't for turnovers and dumb penalties, we could possibly be 5-2. If the Panthers would have scored, the game plan would have adjusted.

Maybe this was Loggains telling Trubisky that we understand you don't have the WRs you need to throw 30 times in this game? We won't force it. Or maybe he told him look, your Oline can't handle the Panthers' Dline, we have a good lead so don't worry about the big plays just take what is there and keep their offense on a long field against our D?

After years of watching Cutler, and more no-name QBs than can fit on the team bus, throw games away by trying to force a pass into tight coverage I'm ecstatic that our rookie QB, in just his 3rd start, understood what he had to do (really what he absolutely should not do) to win the game against a playoff caliber opponent. He had a 14pt lead behind a defense that was playing great and allowed them to win the game.

I will 100% take Trubisky's stat line in this type of game versus what Newton did. Newton was playing from behind but with the better overall team and also behind a very stout defense. More than any other stat, two INTs separated the two QBs performance. For too long I've been on the wrong side of this equation as a Bears fan. The extra bonus was watching Newton pout during the game, and again after the game, and still again during his press conference Wed.

Last year all the complaints about Loggains were that he wouldn't run the ball enough with Howard and he kept passing too much with Hoyer and Barkley. It's not a huge sample size but I don't see the history of Loggains', or Fox's, time with the Bears where we should be sitting here thinking the entire plan with Trubisky is to throw 10 times or less for the rest of his career. Certainly that is not why Pace traded up for him. In any case the fact Trubisky threw 25 times against the Vikings in his first game shows they aren't afraid to put the ball in his hands if they feel it's right thing to do. That's going to show up again, and likely soon.

Despite that, in no way should we be backing off from relying on our excellent running game.

Last year all the complaints about Loggains were that he wouldn't run the ball enough with Howard and he kept passing too much with Hoyer and Barkley. It's not a huge sample size but I don't see the history of Loggains', or Fox's, time with the Bears where we should be sitting here thinking the entire plan with Trubisky is to throw 10 times or less for the rest of his career. Certainly that is not why Pace traded up for him. In any case the fact Trubisky threw 25 times against the Vikings in his first game shows they aren't afraid to put the ball in his hands if they feel it's right thing to do. That's going to show up again, and likely soon.

Despite that, in no way should we be backing off from relying on our excellent running game.

Bingo.

When the Bears upgrade the OL and the WR, Trubisky will start flinging the ball everywhere. They didn't move up to #2 in the draft and then pick up a QB just to have him throw 7 times a game for his career. They did it to move the team closer to what most of the NFL is today: passing.