Matt Nagy

bowlingtwig

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run an offense for half a year, become a HC based of that. Another head ache.

Edit: 5 games, my bad

This same thing has happened before. Doug pederson turned a handful of games into the Philly gig and that has worked out well for them so far. Who knows with this but time will tell. I think the biggest question is can he get Fangio to stay

The Chiefs are...

5th in total yds/game

2nd in yds/play

7th in pass yds/game

10th in pass TDs/game

2nd in INTs/game

9th in rush yds/game

1st in rush avg/carry

15th in rush TDs/game

All that with Alex Smith, a rookie RB, and virtually nobody at WR after Tyreek Hill (who is really a glorified #2). That's pretty damn good. Add in the fact that he was behind Alex Smith's career year, and it sounds even better. Honestly, if he can do that with the talent in KC on offense, I don't see why he can't do really well in Chicago.

The Chiefs are...

5th in total yds/game

2nd in yds/play

7th in pass yds/game

10th in pass TDs/game

2nd in INTs/game

9th in rush yds/game

1st in rush avg/carry

15th in rush TDs/game

All that with Alex Smith, a rookie RB, and virtually nobody at WR after Tyreek Hill (who is really a glorified #2). That's pretty damn good. Add in the fact that he was behind Alex Smith's career year, and it sounds even better. Honestly, if he can do that with the talent in KC on offense, I don't see why he can't do really well in Chicago.

Agreed. And the offense avg'd more than 28 pts after Nagy took over the play calling

Run an offense for half a year, become a HC based of that. Another head ache.

Edit: 5 games, my bad

Sounds like to me he has two years experience as OC according to this quote:

Nagy, 39, spent five seasons with the Chiefs and head coach Andy Reid, first working as the team's quarterbacks coach from 2013-2015, and the past two years as the offensive coordinator. In 2016, he served as co-offensive coordinator with Brad Childress; in 2017 he was the sole coach in that role.

Sounds like to me he has two years experience as OC according to this quote:

Yes he's been the OC but didn't call plays until the final 5 games this yr which is TDs point. Valid point as well. From what I've seen he runs the west coast that Reid runs but it's a bit more aggressive than a typical WCO

The Chiefs are...

5th in total yds/game

2nd in yds/play

7th in pass yds/game

10th in pass TDs/game

2nd in INTs/game

9th in rush yds/game

1st in rush avg/carry

15th in rush TDs/game

The key to having this continue will be a stout defense. In other words either Fangio stays or Nagy knows a really good DC.

FWIW; it seems most of the ‘Reid tree’ coaches do pretty well on their own. I’m just glad it ain’t McDaniels.

Yes he's been the OC but didn't call plays until the final 5 games this yr which is TDs point. Valid point as well. From what I've seen he runs the west coast that Reid runs but it's a bit more aggressive than a typical WCO

Reid has always kinda called the offense hasn’t he?

I’m a little bit concerned Nagy was criticized for ‘abandoning the run game’ this weekend but hope that was just a blip.

I’m a little bit concerned Nagy was criticized for ‘abandoning the run game’ this weekend but hope that was just a blip.

I've read a lot of message board chatter and there is debate about who was calling plays when. Most Chiefs fans, however, appear to think that Reid took over play calling during the playoff game, and it resulted in the loss. Who's to say?

Yes Reid has basically always called the plays. He gave it up a couple yrs ago and let pederson call plays and then pederson took the Philly job and reid took over play calling and promoted Nagy to OC. Then after there funk mid season he gave play calling to Nagy and offense took off. It's a very bold move. High risk IMO. I'm not going to jump to much into 1 half of football this weekend. It's interesting for sure.

Yes, I was just reading another article and realized my mistake, and see where TD is coming from. My mistake.

I've read a lot of message board chatter and there is debate about who was calling plays when. Most Chiefs fans, however, appear to think that Reid took over play calling during the playoff game, and it resulted in the loss. Who's to say?

Reid took over in the playoff game to let Nagy prepare for the Bears job. Nagy scripted the first 15 plays. Chief fans will hate us knowing we took their play caller out for the playoff game.

Now with Nagy as HC, I hope:

DeFilippo agrees to become OC after not getting a HC gig (too early to tell)

Fangio, Nagy, and Pace work it out where he remains DC

That is a threesome I would love to see

Id get super excited on that threesome. But would defilippo agree to come here as OC but not call plays as it sounds like Nagy will call plays. Absolutely agree though Fangio. Need to do whatever it takes to get him to stay. Make him highest paid assistant

Now with Nagy as HC, I hope:

DeFilippo agrees to become OC after not getting a HC gig (too early to tell)

Fangio, Nagy, and Pace work it out where he remains DC

That is a threesome I would love to see

Nagy is gonna be calling the plays so I don't see why that would be enticing in any capacity to DeFillipo.