Players released

bowlingtwig

Ultimately I could see Chicago drafting an ILB early on. But couldn’t help notice both Navarro Bowman and Ahmad Brooks are current UFAs (both familiar to Fangio). And just over $1 million more than Freeman for both. Another former 49er available is Brandon Coyle although I’m not sure he and Fangio were at the same place at the same time.

Other names of interest; Brian Cushing and Derrick Johnson.

Edit: upon further reading, Cushing is too costly and pretty much a duplicate of Freeman (injury and PEDs).

Saw that the Rams Mark Barron could be a cap casualty there due to the Rams wanting to keep Alec Olgetree. Barron (an alum of Alabama - always a plus) came out as Safety to begin with. Hmmm...that’s worked well for others.

Ultimately I could see Chicago drafting an ILB early on. But couldn’t help notice both Navarro Bowman and Ahmad Brooks are current UFAs (both familiar to Fangio). And just over $1 million more than Freeman for both. Another former 49er available is Brandon Coyle although I’m not sure he and Fangio were at the same place at the same time.

Other names of interest; Brian Cushing and Derrick Johnson.

All on the wrong side of 30 which isn't Pace's MO. Personally I'd like to see 1 of those mentioned brought it on a cheap deal

All on the wrong side of 30 which isn't Pace's MO. Personally I'd like to see 1 of those mentioned brought it on a cheap deal

The best ILB out there is probably Zack Brown/28 that fits Pace's MO young and ascending. Another name is Avery Williamson/ Tenn.

Also they know the development that Nick Kwiat is gaining so they may not do anything but resign Chirstian Jones to backup and bring in another prospect.

The best ILB out there is probably Zack Brown/28 that fits Pace's MO young and ascending. Another name is Avery Williamson/ Tenn.

Also they know the development that Nick Kwiat is gaining so they may not do anything but resign Chirstian Jones to backup and bring in another prospect.

I'd love it if they could lure brown in. I like kwiat but I honestly don't see him as a full time starter. I think he's a good role player

That puts Q. Nelson in play for the first pick. Also another option I like is picking up Zack Fulton and make him the full time OC and move Whitehair to LG. Hopefully they find a replacement for Massie.

Seems like they are all in on improving the OL, besides the WR. position.

That puts Q. Nelson in play for the first pick. Also another option I like is picking up Zack Fulton and make him the full time OC and move Whitehair to LG. Hopefully they find a replacement for Massie.

I really hope Nelson gets to 8

I get the feeling we'll be trying to bring in Fulton and slide Whitehair out to LG.

I get the feeling we'll be trying to bring in Fulton and slide Whitehair out to LG.

Of the OL options, I like this the best. With Pace’s record of drafting Olinemen so far don’t know that I’d be keen on him using a 1st or even 2nd rounder on another. What are the plans for Grasu and Fabuluje (sp?)

Not just Nelson, but Wynn, Price, Hernandez all could be in play. The Bears could move down if Nelson is gone and take any of those other 4 to be C or G. I do know the Bears are high on Kush and if Morgan is developed enough it could also be reason enough to move on from Sitton too. I just pray Pace doesn't fall in love with a player and decide to move up again.

Not just Nelson, but Wynn, Price, Hernandez all could be in play. The Bears could move down if Nelson is gone and take any of those other 4 to be C or G. I do know the Bears are high on Kush and if Morgan is developed enough it could also be reason enough to move on from Sitton too. I just pray Pace doesn't fall in love with a player and decide to move up again.

The only way I can see this is if he gets chub for Chubb.

The release of Sitton feels a lot like when they let go of Marshall. It created an unnecessary void on the team that has not been replaced since.

Yeah, yeah, I know Marshall was a cancer, and Sitton was not, but if anything that's another reason to keep him around.

All it did was create a hole on a portion of the team that had some ability to perform above average. Now, instead of replacing a below average LT and horrible RT, the Bears need to add LG to the mix.

Add that to the need for WR, OLB, DE, ILB, and CB at the very least. The problem, of course, is the Bears only have seven picks, and need more than 7 positions. Not to mention depth.

Letting Sitton go seems to create a problem instead of fixing one. Unless the new OL coach thought he was not fit for his style of play. Or, maybe the new staff is just going to clean house of the over 30 somethings. I'm more worried about Long and how he will hold up this year.

I think they are trying to establish youth going forward that can grow with the maturation of MT.It is not good to try to establish continuity with a player you will have to replace in one year that has missed games 2 years in a row. Let's see what their plan is before we bitch. They already have one question mark with Long, not good to have to replace 2 if injured.

The release of Sitton feels a lot like when they let go of Marshall. It created an unnecessary void on the team that has not been replaced since. Yeah, yeah, I know Marshall was a cancer, and Sitton was not, but if anything that's another reason to keep him around. All it did was create a hole on a portion of the team that had some ability to perform above average. Now, instead of replacing a below average LT and horrible RT, the Bears need to add LG to the mix. Add that to the need for WR, OLB, DE, ILB, and CB at the very least. The problem, of course, is the Bears only have seven picks, and need more than 7 positions. Not to mention depth.

I don't like creating more holes before others are fixed either. If anything, we know Sitton is an above average vet who can get the job done. Is his body breaking down, of course but look at our squad of Long, Kush, and Morgan who all missed more games last season and we are banking on them. It seems like Pace knows he bought himself at least 2 more years and can allow youth/inexperience to grow into these spots. One thing he has done is put out a notice that if you want Nelson, you better trade up.