Khalil Mack traded to Bears for 2x 1st Round Picks

Urlacker54

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fear is I have long thought Mack is overrated and he is coming off his worse year. Have never seen him as the elite guy the rest of the media world has but hopefully he really is that elite difference maker who can help make our d next level special. He will need to be given the picks plus a contract similar or more to what Aaron Donald just got. 

1 minute ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

My fear is I have long thought Mack is overrated and he is coming off his worse year. Have never seen him as the elite guy the rest of the media world has but hopefully he really is that elite difference maker who can help make our d next level special. He will need to be given the picks plus a contract similar or more to what Aaron Donald just got. 

Mack is a top 4 Defensive Player, in the group with Watt, Donald, and Miller. He is 27, and we have 4 more years with Trubisky on his rookie deal. This is perfect timing.

I don't see Mack as overrated, he was on a team that wasn't very good and he was still dominant. Just think of him in a Fangio defense, I can't imagine he won't be even better. 

If people are worried about losing 2x First Rounders, here is Pick #20 from the last 5 years:

Frank Ragnow
Garrett Bolles
Darron Lee
Nelson Agholor
Brandin Cooks

Any objections to giving up two of those guys for Mack? 

9 minutes ago, adam said:

Mack is a top 4 Defensive Player, in the group with Watt, Donald, and Miller. He is 27, and we have 4 more years with Trubisky on his rookie deal. This is perfect timing.

I don't see Mack as overrated, he was on a team that wasn't very good and he was still dominant. Just think of him in a Fangio defense, I can't imagine he won't be even better. 

If people are worried about losing 2x First Rounders, here is Pick #20 from the last 5 years:

Frank Ragnow
Garrett Bolles
Darron Lee
Nelson Agholor
Brandin Cooks

Any objections to giving up two of those guys for Mack? 

Also want to mention Mack was drafted 5th overall. The Raiders recoup their first and get another 1st. 

3 minutes ago, Chitownhustla said:

Also want to mention Mack was drafted 4th overall. The Raiders recoup their first and get another 1st. 

Dude, great point, it's not like we are losing 2x First Rounders, we gained one by trading for Mack. He was 5th btw.

So we give up two first and a player.  Is there anyone on this board who did not think we were drafting a pass rusher in the first round next year?  IMO that 1st round OLB pick was a given but it would come with the usual uncertainties of any draft pick, not to mention the learning curve.  So in a way that means the real exchange for Mack is the additional first round pick, the player, plus the cap hit.  The money is getting spent either way if you feel you are close to competing in the playoffs.  

On the flip side this year's offseason acquisitions are looking good from FAs to draft picks, even down to a few UDFAs.   Most FAs are on a stable 3 year deal.  After a full preseason Pace likely feels confident he has his QB, and enough young talent for the next two years to offset the need for that 2nd first round pick we gave up.   

Kahlil Mack is a generational talent who can make everyone else on the defense look like a better player.  

7 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

So we give up two first and a player.  Is there anyone on this board who did not think we were drafting a pass rusher in the first round next year?  IMO that 1st round OLB pick was a given but it would come with the usual uncertainties of any draft pick, not to mention the learning curve.  So in a way that means the real exchange for Mack is the additional first round pick, the player, plus the cap hit.  The money is getting spent either way if you feel you are close to competing in the playoffs.  

On the flip side this year's offseason acquisitions are looking good from FAs to draft picks, even down to a few UDFAs.   Most FAs are on a stable 3 year deal.  After a full preseason Pace likely feels confident he has his QB, and enough young talent for the next two years to offset the need for that 2nd first round pick we gave up.   

Kahlil Mack is a generational talent who can make everyone else on the defense look like a better player.  

This guy is not just Pro Bowler, is a perennial All-Pro on a bad team. I can't imagine how much better is going to make the guys around him. Floyd won't see double teams anymore, and the secondary won't have to cover as long. Defense is now top 10 for sure.