Josh Gordon?

DGBears

1 hour ago, DGBears said:

Browns just cut Gordon, is he worth the trouble for a buy-low flier? Will someone pay him? To me, his drug issues scare me away and I'm sure that's what pushed the Browns over the edge. Worth the discussion, at least.

No thank you.  We need help in the secondary, not another WR.  Especially one with such a spotty track record.

I knew before I even clicked that y'all would say no almost as a whole. I understand risk aversion, but talent is talent. He's a headcase, but he has NFL ability to produce. Maybe the Browns cut him because they're the Browns and they don't do anything right? If he doesn't cut the mustard, or even gives the coaches a small bit of attitude, cut his ass. There's virtually no risk in trying to pick him up. And maybe it lights a fire under Kevin White's ass, and the Bears finally get return on investment for their first rounder.

3 hours ago, jason said:

I knew before I even clicked that y'all would say no almost as a whole. I understand risk aversion, but talent is talent. He's a headcase, but he has NFL ability to produce. Maybe the Browns cut him because they're the Browns and they don't do anything right? If he doesn't cut the mustard, or even gives the coaches a small bit of attitude, cut his ass. There's virtually no risk in trying to pick him up. And maybe it lights a fire under Kevin White's ass, and the Bears finally get return on investment for their first rounder.

If the Browns are cutting him is another suspension on the way??? What did he do to get them to cut him? Talent is useless if he is suspended.

On 9/16/2018 at 5:29 AM, jason said:

Looks like the Patriots are going to give him a try.  If he can’t prescribe to the ‘Patriot Way’ he’ll be done.  

FWIW, as much as I appreciate his talent (reminds me of a smaller Calvin Johnson) the other issues are too much for where our team is right now.  

He makes zero sense on the Bears. We need to provide Mitch with consistency and right now he already has so many pieces learning the offense, etc. It doesn't make sense now to go out and add a member to our circus of new faces.  Additionally, I don't see us as being a major superbowl contender this year so I don't see any major upside in keeping Gordon vs. the major downside. Oh and we have given up enough draft picks already.