Saints at Bears - Week 7 - Official Game Thread (Sun, Oct 20, 3:25 PM CT/FOX/Bears -3, O/U 38)

adam

So you're saying there's a chance? Brees not playing, Kamara may be limited? Early line has us favored by 3, so we are even on a neutral site. 

For as good as NO's record is, they have been very inconsistent. The team has scored over 30 3x, and 13 or less 3x. No in-between. On defense, the same thing. They have allowed 24 or more 4 times and 10 or less twice. All 5 of their wins have been by a TD or less, so they are in close games all the time. Their point differential is only +6 in 6 games, which is fairly pedestrian.

I think we rebound and come out of the bye with a win at home. We need this game a lot more than the Saints do. I am thinking the Bears 16-13. 

So I really think it boils down to how well our offense performs against their defense.  And looking at things on paper, its possible the Bears could win.  The Saints defense is currently ranked 10th overall (to the Bears 2nd).  They have (Saints)10/(Bears) 17 sacks, 4/4 forced fumbles (even), 2/4 interceptions, 2/1 defensive TDs, they allow 23 to the Bears 11.3 pts per game, 295/265 yards passing and 112.5/61.5 yards rushing per game.  I think that last stat is the most telling.  The Bears (so far) have been able to stifle most running games and should be able to with Kamara possibly limited (although we have to remember RB Latavius Murray isn't all that horrible himself).  The fact they give up 112.5 yards rushing per game tells me that the Bears need to be 'coming off the bus' ready to run.  I'm hoping with the recent/potential changes on the oline with Montgomery having some time to think about what lies ahead, they'll be dominant in that regard.  I think it'll come down to running the ball ultimately. And I'm thinking whether it be Trubisky or Daniel at QB we'll see a lot of 'game manager' type plays with short and intermediate passes sprinkled in.

Their pass defense, although not prolific, still has CB's Apple and Lattimore who aren't necessarily slouches.  And MLB Kiko Alonso can be a force to reckon with … if he ate his Wheaties that morning.  

I'm thinking a low-scoring game and somewhere in the neighborhood of 13-7 or similar to your prediction.

• adam featured this topic

No Brees, Kamara, or Cook. If we can't beat the Saints at home without 3 of their top offensive players playing, we don't deserve to win or make the playoffs. We should win by at least a TD now. I am thinking more along the lines of 17-9.

I've lost confidence in this team this year.  This is a game that I hope gives some back to me.  Two tough def. teams with QB's that seem to be lacking in big play ability.  I'm expecting short quick routes from the Bears.  Let Mitch get rid of the ball quick to his first reads and set up the run.  I don't believe we can just expect to run the ball without a passing game to open up their D.  Lots of eight man fronts to confuse Mitch.  Not a lot of blitzs from the Saints because I don't think they need to.  The off. line needs to start working to in unison and move the line of scrimmage back to be on their heels like they were against the Raiders.  I think the D will bounce back and it's going to be a ugly low scoring game.  I hope Pineiro's knee is better.  Also looking for Nagy to start getting some method of play calling that shows some reason.  Not just all over the map.  We need to find an identity on offense.

13-9 Bears  

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

Now watch them come out and play a game like they did last year against the Bucs and tell all the naysayers like me to shut the hell up.

Don't give up just yet.  They had a bye week to fully digest the wake up call.  I'm hoping/expecting to see more physicality today...

Edited by Mongo3451
Typo

if they dont come out of the gate tough this week, then we know a lot of bad stuff about this team

but if they do come out strong, that will be fun to watch, but it still doesnt mean anything.

we need to string together a bunch of games where we dictate on offense and defense. I dont see it on offense, but Id love to be proved wrong.

on paper, the roster looks solid. but we need to see it on the field, and we need to see it over a string of games.

Beejesus was that some ugly football. If we can't beat the Saints with no Brees, Kamara, and Cook, we need to blow this team up. What the hell is going on. 

It's 12-10 at half, and we've had two punts blocked, given up a safety and NO had a short field after a stupid fumble by Miller. My only complaint for the defense who has really only given up a FG is that are playing too far off Thomas, they need to bracket him the whole game and make Bridgewater look somewhere else.

Trubisky is done, he is not an NFL QB. It is clear now. He has had several weeks to heal and prep specifically for this game and he looks like absolute crap. Put him on IR, start Daniel and bring Bray up as the backup.

Also, we gotta run the rock. Montgomery needs more touches, he is better at evading tacklers than Cohen is. 

If we lose there is no way we make the playoffs at 3-3 with an incredibly tough schedule to go. Gotta fix something at half and get a win.

Agree with you Adam, time to blow the team up again.  Trade Mack to someone like SF (he deserves better), dump Trubisky,  shit-can Pace and find a GM that doesn’t try to get cute and draft D2 players or 1 year collegiate starters at QB because he’s smarter than everyone else.  

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

83 total yards after 3 quarters.  No good.  I cant see us blowing it up again because we go through coaching staffs every few years.  They do need to move on from Trubisky.   He is not good at all and its embarrassing that the moved up (one spot) to get him.  This is really tough to watch and Nagy is getting out coached, again.