Mitch says "Turn the TV's off."

Bill

Ok it's gotten past the slump buster stage.  I thought he was being sarcastic the first time I heard him.  But he is serious.   It's time to just bench him and hope they keep losing so he can come back in a week or two and think it's not just my fault.  Which it's not.  His head is just not able to process all the info it's getting at this time, I hope.  His mind just doesn't seem to know how to process, not just the play on the field, but also the fallout from it.  Over load Over load.  

Says a retired mailman who can't even begin t understand all the plays in pro football.  Not sure if that makes my opinion better or worse.  LOL 

No one does.  But do you express that as the starting QB for a professional football team?  I don't think so.  You keep that in house and let someone else take the hit for it after you get them to turn them off.  You're already in your own head, in my opinion, why put that our there for teams and or the press and fans to just use against you. 

You gotta sit one of them - Nagy or Trubisky.

Which one is easier to move on from?

Which one, if they happen to flourish without the other, would be harder to replace?

If you have a chance of saving Trubisky isn't that more valuable than a chance to save Nagy?

In other words, which one do we have the capital to replace more easily? Surely we have more bullets to find a coach than to find a franchise QB.

Also if both will never be good, moving Nagy now lets Pagano or Childress start making changes, and building for next year, and gives them a good window to truly evaluate Trubisky.

If both will never be good and you move Trubisky, you will have to wait one or two more years to be sure that Nagy is the problem too.

Firing Nagy now would be hard to do PR wise, but if we had a real team leader/owner, it'd be a smart bold move that would accelerate us a year earlier.

But if youre gonna blow it all up, then you just let Nagy finish the year, and then fire Pace, and let the new guy clean house. And that's gonna take a while. ANd then Mack and the defense rot before the offense is good again.

39 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

On the upper end of the scale, would you sacrifice Brady or Belichick?  Unless you know...

Brady of course.  Belichick has won with lots of different QBs.  Including QBs who never amounted to much anywhere else.  

We have a lot less ammo for getting a franchise QB than we do for getting a head coach.

Maybe both need to go, but if you need to pick one to shake it up and see if you can salvage the other, Nagy is the more easily replaceable. Right now, from within.

I think once we have 7 losses, this becomes a lot easier for Pace to think about. after 8 losses, it's "mathematical" and provides some cover.

3-6 would be good enough for me to KNOW the season is over though in terms of public perception.

Does anyone here think we have any chance of playoffs at all, even in the most wild scenarios?

9 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

We have a lot less ammo for getting a franchise QB than we do for getting a head coach.

Maybe both need to go, but if you need to pick one to shake it up and see if you can salvage the other, Nagy is the more easily replaceable. Right now, from within.

I think once we have 7 losses, this becomes a lot easier for Pace to think about. after 8 losses, it's "mathematical" and provides some cover.

3-6 would be good enough for me to KNOW the season is over though in terms of public perception.

Does anyone here think we have any chance of playoffs at all, even in the most wild scenarios?

No we are not making the playoffs and no they are not replacing Nagy. He'll be given 1 more year. 

Peace

Remember Mitch was not Nagy's guy, and from reports, Nagy wanted Mahomes out of the 3 tops QBs.

To me you have to move on from Mitch, the sample size is large enough to know what you are going to get.

What I do find interesting looking at the stats (any of them), Trubisky is lumped in with a group with guys like Mayfield, Darnold, J. Allen, Mariota, Jones, Rudolph, and K. Allen. Murray is right on the cusp of that group, and Goff is right ahead of Murray. So outside of Mahomes and Watson, not many QB since 2017 are doing very good. 

22 hours ago, adam said:

Remember Mitch was not Nagy's guy, and from reports, Nagy wanted Mahomes out of the 3 tops QBs.

To me you have to move on from Mitch, the sample size is large enough to know what you are going to get.

What I do find interesting looking at the stats (any of them), Trubisky is lumped in with a group with guys like Mayfield, Darnold, J. Allen, Mariota, Jones, Rudolph, and K. Allen. Murray is right on the cusp of that group, and Goff is right ahead of Murray. So outside of Mahomes and Watson, not many QB since 2017 are doing very good. 

That is interesting.  Maybe barring the rare exceptions at the top of the heap, these young guys need more time...

On 11/7/2019 at 10:08 AM, adam said:

So for the sake of conversation; I'm wondering with the conversion of many college level teams going to the Spread or RPO style offenses, its hampering the ability of the QB to process what is going on in front of them on the field?  Isn't that the style of offense where before the snap of the ball the whole offense (to inlcude the linemen) all look to the sideline for the call on the field before executing it?  I seem to recall early in the season (game 2 perhaps?) that Nagy deployed that technique with Trubisky and he did better.  They were usually lining up fast, getting the signal and allowing Mitch to look over the field before executing the play.  However something tells me that he (Trubisky) wasn't really looking for more than where the rush may have been coming from or where the potential target zones for his receivers would be.  Normally in this situation the QB would be making his pre-read to determine whether he should be making an audible or reassigned route to a receiver.  In this style of offense most of that skill goes away. 

Would make sense if all these QB's struggled; Mayfield and Allen being from Texas A&M, Darnold at USC (ran a variation of spread adapted from C-USA), Mariota with Kelly at Oregon (and Helfrich too...hmm) and when Goff was there I want to say Univ. of Calif. deployed some version of it.  Again, the problem being these guys haven't had much experience with reading the field to figure out what play should be used, or at least audibled to in order to adjust.