2020 NFL Draft Day 3 (Saturday) Open Thread

adam

22 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Sit tight...  they traded up for one 

Took Darnell Mooney 4.38 speed.

The still have a 6th and 7th left.  Packaged a 6 and 7th to move up.

Traded up for a guy who was likely a UDFA or 7th rounder.....odd.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, adam said:

Just surprised we haven't added a young OL at this point. With only two 7th rounders left, I don't know if you are going to get much there. I would draft a kicker with one of them to bring in some competition. Hell, draft a punter too. 

If they draft OT in the 7th, I will hate Pace forever.

Neither Vildor or Mooney were 5th round picks, let alone 6th round picks. There were still some guys on the board, so I am not quite understanding what the thought process was with those two guys, especially with Mooney and a trade up for him. 

I would have rather seen Antoine Brooks, James Proche or Anthony Gordon. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Neither Vildor or Mooney were 5th round picks, let alone 6th round picks. There were still some guys on the board, so I am not quite understanding what the thought process was with those two guys, especially with Mooney and a trade up for him. 

I would have rather seen Antoine Brooks, James Proche or Anthony Gordon. 

We never know where players will go.  We read mock draft boards and form ideas based off that were players should be drafted.  NFL teams build their own boards and we get shocked when players go different.  All we can do is see how it turns. 

Out of all our mocks we do, I wonder who wins the most landed.

14 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

We never know where players will go.  We read mock draft boards and form ideas based off that were players should be drafted.  NFL teams build their own boards and we get shocked when players go different.  All we can do is see how it turns. 

Out of all our mocks we do, I wonder who wins the most landed.

Oh I know, once you hit the 5th, it's a major crapshoot anyway. I don't expect anything out of any of these guys, so if we get any contributions, I good with it.

27 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

What’s left at guard?

Not much. Daryl Williams from Miss. St is a center with some guard flexibility. Maybe Throckmorton from Oregon, who has started at pretty much every OL position and so can pitch in anywhere if necessary. Otherwise you’re probably looking at college tackles that maybe have to kick inside in the NFL. 

I think they will play both of these picks and the free agent OT we picked up - they will just crazy glue them together, and the six armed monster will replace Leno.

It's not as if I've gone insane because we didnt draft a legit replacement for Leno...

1 minute ago, dawhizz said:

You wanted replacements for Leno and Massie, you got it: Arlington Hambright and Lachavious Simmons.

I’ve never heard of either of these fellows. Good Scrabble names!

These are replacements for Alex Bars on the practice squad.