adam

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Nor did we draft anyone that can merely challenge him, let alone motivate.

Ifedi has played a lot of OT; Spriggs never really got the chance, and Bars is still a wild card. Either way, a lot of competition. It's Leno's and Massie's jobs to lose but I see a lot more competition this year compared to previous years.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Ifedi has played a lot of OT; Spriggs never really got the chance, and Bars is still a wild card. Either way, a lot of competition. It's Leno's and Massie's jobs to lose but I see a lot more competition this year compared to previous years.

Ifedi and Spriggs have lost their pedigree.  They better come in in -shape and hungry.  Leno must be put on notice.  He has to work his ass off to be average.  Will cast offs be enough to motivate him?  I'd be smoking a cigar right now if I were him.

4 hours ago, adam said:

Ifedi and Spriggs were signed for vet mins.  If their old team didn't think they were worth a contract you have to wonder.  Perhaps a change of teams will light a fire or coaching will pull out something deep inside.  Hope springs eternal with the start of a new season after the draft.  Seems hope is our only choice at this time.  Funny how everyone see's things differently.  I thought for sure OL was one of the Bears weakest links.  Much more than TE or any of the middle picks.  Pace sees a whole different team.  Now I know why I'm sitting on may ass and he makes the big bucks.  I think. 

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ifedi and Spriggs were signed for vet mins.  If their old team didn't think they were worth a contract you have to wonder.  Perhaps a change of teams will light a fire or coaching will pull out something deep inside.  Hope springs eternal with the start of a new season after the draft.  Seems hope is our only choice at this time.  Funny how everyone see's things differently.  I thought for sure OL was one of the Bears weakest links.  Much more than TE or any of the middle picks.  Pace sees a whole different team.  Now I know why I'm sitting on may ass and he makes the big bucks.  I think. 

Oline stands out a lot as being neglected this offseason.  Yet Pace has shown a willingness to go after fixing a need (i.e. TE this offseason).  I have to wonder with the new Oline coach if there is a sentiment that our talent level was better than we thought last year and it is more a lack of cohesiveness that caused the issues.   That might be true on the interior but it still can't explain Leno completely whiffing on blocks.  I think we'll do something soon in FA to at least find a vet backup like we did with Lucas last year.  

I think he feels stuck with Leno and Massie and willing to take a chance they get back to 2018 play. I think they were ranked as the 24th and 29th ranked OTs then. Massie had some injury concerns last year that may have affected him. Leno moved and got a newborn.  Lacked concentration.  He knows next yr he can be cut so I think he gets his shit together. 3 choices at RG should show some improvement.  Whitehair played fine once he got back to OC. This should be the yr Daniels takes a step forward.  It seems like prove it deals helps motivate players. The Simmons pick could turn out good for the future. he's a nasty player just needs growing.

We still could have a vet come in the next wave of free agency. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think he feels stuck with Leno and Massie and willing to take a chance they get back to 2018 play. I think they were ranked as the 24th and 29th ranked OTs then. Massie had some injury concerns last year that may have affected him. Leno moved and got a newborn.  Lacked concentration.  He knows next yr he can be cut so I think he gets his shit together. 3 choices at RG should show some improvement.  Whitehair played fine once he got back to OC. This should be the yr Daniels takes a step forward.  It seems like prove it deals helps motivate players. The Simmons pick could turn out good for the future. he's a nasty player just needs growing.

We still could have a vet come in the next wave of free agency. 

Thank you!  I needed a voice of reason.

Seriously, we had such a good buzz going after 2018. Last  year  got us back in the same old shit mode but really it's not.  Smarter coaches and over all better roster.  Look how many backups got good contracts other places. We have stars on this team. Robinson,  EJac, Mack, Hicks, Quinn , Fuller.  Almost stars, Goldman, whitehair, Trevathan, Smith.  Soon to be : Montgomery, Daniels, Miller, Kmet, Johnson, . I think the arrow is pointing up. 

30 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Seriously, we had such a good buzz going after 2018. Last  year  got us back in the same old shit mode but really it's not.  Smarter coaches and over all better roster.  Look how many backups got good contracts other places. We have stars on this team. Robinson,  EJac, Mack, Hicks, Quinn , Fuller.  Almost stars, Goldman, whitehair, Trevathan, Smith.  Soon to be : Montgomery, Daniels, Miller, Kmet, Johnson, . I think the arrow is pointing up. 

Two of those losses, SD and OAK, could or should have been wins.  Just a few tweeks and they can be back on track.

Like I said, I'm hoping they see things I don't.  But I don't understand why the line sucked so bad with H. Heistead as coach when he was supposed to be one of the great ones.   I did read many places that said there was a big difference in scheme between all of the coaches so maybe they will all be on the same page this year.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Like I said, I'm hoping they see things I don't.  But I don't understand why the line sucked so bad with H. Heistead as coach when he was supposed to be one of the great ones.   I did read many places that said there was a big difference in scheme between all of the coaches so maybe they will all be on the same page this year.

I think it was a series of events, the Whitehair/Daniels swap affected the entire line. Long coming in and struggling at RG then the revolving door there. I believe once they swapped Whitehair and Daniels back and Coward got a few games under his belt, they were much better down the stretch. To me it seemed like most of the blown plays were more about communication than players losing one on one battles. So if you can clean up the communication errors, that will fix a lot of the problems.