2020 NFL Draft Day 3 (Saturday) Open Thread

adam

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Kmet it is.  Like him, but there was better players available.

Totally.  Kind of disappointing really.  Granted they need offensive help and with Burton leaving TE became more a position of need. Not sure why but I feel all they did was get another version Shaheen or even JP Holtz.  Big body TE...  how many TEs on the roster now? 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Totally.  Kind of disappointing really.  Granted they need offensive help and with Burton leaving TE became more a position of need. Not sure why but I feel all they did was get another version Shaheen or even JP Holtz.  Big body TE...  how many TEs on the roster now? 

Big difference between him and Shaheen, big time school and a complete TE. With Burton gone this was a possibility . He's a Y TE and U is Graham.  Both on the field at the same time makes Red zone look better. 

Just now, Stinger226 said:

Big difference between him and Shaheen, big time school and a complete TE. With Burton gone this was a possibility . He's a Y TE and U is Graham.  Both on the field at the same time makes Red zone look better. 

Agreed. 

Peace

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

also agree. also, youre another step closer to winning our bet :P

Just now, Pixote said:

I like the pick. TE is important for Nagy's offensive schemes. We had nothing at that position last year. Horrible. Now we can line up in 2 TE sets with quality starters.

We did get the best TE and the position is very much needed to make the offense work for Nagy.  I'm not mad, only wished we could have moved down some, but most likely no takers.

Just now, Stinger226 said:

To be honest I would rather lose the bet and replace Leno but probably not going to happen.  Still both OTs on the board so there's hope. 

:) yeah but youve been right that no one left on the board is a day one starter. Or even a year one starter at OT.

11 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Local kid. Good pick. No issues with it. Trade down on the next pick. 

Shaheen should just pack up now. 

Peace

Agreed!  He’s the best TE in the draft.  It’s a position of need.  I also agree we should trade down.  

Found another “big-school” comp to Kmet that used to play for the Bears.  Michigan State TE Kellen Davis.  Davis was 6’7” 265# to Kmets 6’6” 262#.  

Davis played through to his senior year where he compiled 513 yards and 6 TDs that year.

Kmet played to his Jr year (really the only year he did anything) and complied 515 yards and 6 TDs.  

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Pick is in...Jaylon Johnson CB, great player.  We got two positions of need filled. 

Did we?  I didn’t know CB was that much a need.  And just saw a stat flash saying Johnson had three surgeries on his shoulder in the last four years.  To me that’s a -yikes-. 

Wow your trying very hard to make us feel bad about this pick. Compare him to George Kittle.  6'4" 250 22 recepents 314 yards 4 tds.. 

They both went to big time schools. 

Kmet is bigger. 

Had a better college career. 

I would suggest we win in comparisons. 

Johnson was graded a top 3 CB by many draft sites.  He was compared to Fuller which I think has worked out well for us.  

I did not want a CB but there is many downhill Ss left in the draft that we could get at 163.

I think 2 late round WRs to look at are Quiz Watkins and Darrel Mooney.  Hopefully we can get one.