NFC North Loser Bowl Official Game Thread, Detroit Lionesses vs Chicago Bearded Ladies, probably Sunday, noon, Channel: don't tune in

adam

Huge game for draft position. A loss keeps a top 10 pick in play, a win and we are looking at a pick around 15. 

After losses to MIN and GB, a loss to DET at home would have to be the final swing of the hammer on the nail in the coffin for Nagy and Pace. So we have a few things to be hopeful for in a loss.

A win won't even feel like a win at this point. 

Unfortunately, these are the games the Bears win. So I expect a win, 20-16 in an ugly one.

As much as I think we're heading for 7-9 (the two wins coming against DET and JAX), it is not out of the realm of possibility that this team is 9-6 leading into the final game against GB.

HOU just lost two of their better players to PED's (lol), and MIN still has Kirk Cousins and a terrible defense. GB might have their playoff seed locked in before we play them and rest some of their starters. 

Stranger things have happened.. I don't think it's likely, but we always knew the schedule towards the end of the year was going to be super light. 

22 hours ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

As much as I think we're heading for 7-9 (the two wins coming against DET and JAX), it is not out of the realm of possibility that this team is 9-6 leading into the final game against GB.

HOU just lost two of their better players to PED's (lol), and MIN still has Kirk Cousins and a terrible defense. GB might have their playoff seed locked in before we play them and rest some of their starters. 

Stranger things have happened.. I don't think it's likely, but we always knew the schedule towards the end of the year was going to be super light. 

Based on how the Bears play against these teams, I think they will go 3-1 in the next 4 and head into Week 17 at 8-7, then will probably beat the GB 3rd stringers and miss the playoffs by a tie breaker at 9-7 with Arizona.

On 12/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, Bears4Ever_34 said:

I'm in your camp. If they lose to Detroit - I'll shift my hat to kind of not caring. Right now - I'm hoping we see an aggressive no regret Mitch back out on the field and see if he can continue to make progress. I still think he's looked better all year than he had at any point in his career. That is not to say he has looked great, but I see a QB who is looking downfield more, willing to take shots and a guy who has made a lot more plays.  He'd be on pace for 30+ TD's at his current rate (over a full season)...although I should point out, he'd also have a lot more picks).  

Part of me says there is a 5% shot we see Mitch finish the year strong and actually shift the narrative big time. Nothing would make me happier - highly highly unlikely, but I am rooting like hell for it to happen.  

On 12/3/2020 at 9:37 PM, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I'm in your camp. If they lose to Detroit - I'll shift my hat to kind of not caring. Right now - I'm hoping we see an aggressive no regret Mitch back out on the field and see if he can continue to make progress. I still think he's looked better all year than he had at any point in his career. That is not to say he has looked great, but I see a QB who is looking downfield more, willing to take shots and a guy who has made a lot more plays.  He'd be on pace for 30+ TD's at his current rate (over a full season)...although I should point out, he'd also have a lot more picks).  

Part of me says there is a 5% shot we see Mitch finish the year strong and actually shift the narrative big time. Nothing would make me happier - highly highly unlikely, but I am rooting like hell for it to happen.  

With the teams the Bears play, there is actually a lot better chance than 5%. The worst game will be Minnesota on the road, but besides that game, DET and HOU at home, and then JAX in some nice Florida weather, then GB at home to finish it out. I would say there is more like a 38.7% chance he looks better than any QB we have seen this year outside of Foles in the last 20 mins against ATL.

Even if he plays well, I just don't see how Mitch ends up on this team in 2021. Salary is a huge issue. If Nagy and Pace stay, do they want Mitch back? If they both are gone, will the new regime want Trubisky in a new system? Can the fanbase accept another Trubisky contract? I feel bad for him because you can tell he is a good kid and someone you want to root for but for whatever reason it just hasn't clicked. It didn't help that he spent his first year under the tutelage of Loggains, then switched to a completely dysfunctional offensive scheme that never fit the personnel in Nagy's system. 

Looks like a cold one today, light wind though, so that is good. We will see what Lions team shows up. I assume they are going to play hard for their interim coach and it has been a long time since the Bears have lost 6 in a row. We lost 5 in a row once in the Fox 3 years, but never 6. To me, that is an immediate firing offense. 

17 minutes ago, adam said:

Even if he plays well, I just don't see how Mitch ends up on this team in 2021. Salary is a huge issue. If Nagy and Pace stay, do they want Mitch back?

I don't see Trubisky being expensive.  Tannehill signed for 2 million as a free agent.  He should even be a discount compared to what he is payed currently.

It's going to be up to the new regime.  I'd prefer to cut Foles and keep Trubisky.

48 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I don't see Trubisky being expensive.  Tannehill signed for 2 million as a free agent.  He should even be a discount compared to what he is payed currently.

It's going to be up to the new regime.  I'd prefer to cut Foles and keep Trubisky.

I believe Tannehill was coming off of injury in Miami, so I would equate Trubisky's more to Mariota's in LV. He got a 2-yr $17.6M deal but as a backup. If Mitch is expected to start, I can see it being somewhere in the $15-20M range. My hope is it's more of a bridge deal 2-3yrs, at about $10-$12M per year with a voidable year at the end.

Taysom Hill signed a 1=yr $16.3M contract with the Saints as a backup; Brissett signed for 2/$30M with the Colts. Those were both backup contracts. I think Trubisky lands very close to those deals.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

What if someone like NE comes calling with a deal including one or two draft picks?  I’m with you, I’d hope to keep Mitch around just for the sake of consistency.  

Amazing what happens when you play a lowly team like the Lions.  But the oline does look pretty darn good today.  Bars and Mustipher in there with Whitehair at LG and Ifedi bumped out to RT might be a good lineup going forward.  

Because of the positive oline play we’re seeing good running and solid fundamentally sound play by Trubisky. And maybe having Nagy not doing the play calling is helping too.  

7 hours ago, adam said:

Fire everyone. If Pace, Nagy, and Pagano survive this, we are doomed forever. Most underachieving team in my lifetime (45+ years).

You must be too young to remember 1969, 1972-5. And now here we are again. No Papa Bear to find us a Ditka and Ryan to lead us to another title.

It really hurts not having a 4th round pick this year with the deep O-line. Pace should be fired for this as it was one if his biggest blunders but probably had to be all in to protect his HC that he brought in.  

Bears could try and sign Dak Prescott, and if the new regime takes 2 OT’s in first 3 rounds could make such a big impact.  Total morale boost to the stars and theywould be excited and want to return.  A-Rob would probably take a team friendly deal for 1-2 seasons.