Packers in shambles?

adam

The Rodgers drama, now Davante Adams? This may all end up being nothing, but both of them could be gone after this year. I never saw this coming.

I didn't realize he was a year older than ARob. I also didn't realize Adams has only had 2x 1000 yd seasons. He is a TD machine, but has only hit 100 receptions and 100 yards twice. 

The fact that they offered Rodgers a 2-yr extension to make him the league's highest paid player also speaks volumes about how they really feel about Jordan Love. 

12 hours ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

You literally couldn't draw up a more perfect scenario for Justin Fields to step in to. By this time next year there is a very real possibility that neither Rodgers nor Davante Adams are GB Packers anymore. My body is ready.

wouldnt it be great to have a decade or more where we walk all over the Pack and get that all time wins and losses back where it belongs, after the past 20 or 30 years?

I think we have all paid our dues in full, and it's time for the dice to come up winners this time.

3 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think we have all paid our dues in full, and it's time for the dice to come up winners this time

Agreed.  We can’t go to sleep on Minny.  They drafted Kellen Mond this year who many of us liked.  He could be a QB in waiting for them once they’ve had enough of  Cousins. I personally see a lot of good battles between he and Fields in the years to come.  

Not too worried about Goff and the “knee biting” approach of the new coach in Detroit.  But they might just be stubborn enough to make GB miserable for a few years too.  

As much as I suspect Fields will succeed his first year, there is a history of a few of the many who were drafted that succeeded quickly. I hope we have the Justin Herbert of this year. Mond will have a hard time knocking Cousins out of the top spot. Cousins stats aren't  bad.

What scares me about this is if the Packers cave and find trade partners for both. What would Rodgers and Adams be worth in trade?! Conservatively I could see them getting three extra first round picks at the least. They'd have a chance to reload like the 90s Cowboys.

3 hours ago, jason said:

What scares me about this is if the Packers cave and find trade partners for both. What would Rodgers and Adams be worth in trade?! Conservatively I could see them getting three extra first round picks at the least. They'd have a chance to reload like the 90s Cowboys.

Yea, but we could always hope it would blow up in their face like a 100 year old  Damacus Barreled Shotgun firing a modern shotgun shell.

While I would have been happy to see Rodgers go away in 2021, the deal basically sets the stage for him to leave next offseason.  He will likely have some say in where he goes or if he decides to stay in GB beyond 2021.  Basically the deal the struck will give him control of where he plays in 2022 and beyond.  It only makes sense that Adams is now reconsidering signing long term with GB if it means he'd be there without Rodgers.  He knows that would have a negative impact on his game, and overall effect on the Packers going into re-build mode.  If Rodgers does leave I bet Adams will either want to go with him or to a contender. 

This year could effectively be the Packers "Last Dance" season.  Next offseason could be fascinating to watch who all jumps ship when Rodgers leaves town.  

4 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

While I would have been happy to see Rodgers go away in 2021, the deal basically sets the stage for him to leave next offseason.  He will likely have some say in where he goes or if he decides to stay in GB beyond 2021.  Basically the deal the struck will give him control of where he plays in 2022 and beyond.  It only makes sense that Adams is now reconsidering signing long term with GB if it means he'd be there without Rodgers.  He knows that would have a negative impact on his game, and overall effect on the Packers going into re-build mode.  If Rodgers does leave I bet Adams will either want to go with him or to a contender. 

This year could effectively be the Packers "Last Dance" season.  Next offseason could be fascinating to watch who all jumps ship when Rodgers leaves town.  

"Last Dance" when you never won crap together lol. 

It will really set the Bears up for a long, extended run, starting next year. No Rodgers or Adams in Fields 2nd year. Watch out NFL!

Sounds like the reports of Green Bay's demise were greatly exaggerated. Simply false hopes for Bear Fans.

Baring injury, they will be a contender once again.

That means we need to wake up, get Fields in the starting lineup, and beat the crap out of the Pack.

We HAVE the players on this roster to take charge of our division! Win the NFC title. And return to the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

Sounds like the reports of Green Bay's demise were greatly exaggerated. Simply false hopes for Bear Fans.

Baring injury, they will be a contender once again.

That means we need to wake up, get Fields in the starting lineup, and beat the crap out of the Pack.

We HAVE the players on this roster to take charge of our division! Win the NFC title. And return to the Super Bowl.

agree with all of this 100%

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He's back but they don't like each other, he's not going to sit out and packers weren't going to trade him. With bad juju in the room, I can see some bumps in the road ahead.

Let's hope we are two of them. Three if necessary.