Training camp

Bill

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

Jackson on NFI, Ifedi, Cohen, Newsome on pup. Jenkins and couple others held out of first day at training camp. Should I be worrie

I'm. sorry got posted in wrong thread.

Looks like Jackson was “injured” while not on the job.  Ifedi has a hip flexor issue - which could translate into a long term problem.  And Newsome broke his collar bone back during the rookie training camp(?) and must not be back to fill form yet.  Cohen is ‘slow healing’ from his torn ACL he got at the beginning of last season.  Think that one surprised many here when it was announced a few weeks ago. 

There are smarter ones here that can address these in more detail but here’s where I got some of the updates.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/28/chicago-bears-news-eddie-jackson-nfi-germain-ifedi-pup-training-camp/

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Some more on this. Jackson has a hamstring issue. Jenkins ‘back tightness’.  And Robert Quinn…back issues (again).  Ugh…

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Jenkins is a rookie who is unfamiliar with playing LT at a pro level.  We have no contingency plan to this. Now he has back tightness already.  WTF?  Optimism anyone?

23 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Jenkins is a rookie who is unfamiliar with playing LT at a pro level.  We have no contingency plan to this. Now he has back tightness already.  WTF?  Optimism anyone?

Ah no.  Do we have anyone on this team that has played LT for more than a few games or snaps.   To me biggest concern this year.  Unbelievable,  I don't understand.

Been hearing good things from camp about Dalton.  Some are saying his ‘veteran’ status is showing.  But they’re also saying as the days progress so does Fields.  This video shows some good and one ‘bad’ caused by Dalton (oops).  Also good to see Quinn out there twisting and turning despite his back bothering him. 

Little tweaks dont bother me, always happens, its the major injuries that has a negative effect. Example Cohen last year. Jenkins having back tightness and not practicing, is just the Bears being overly cautious because of their lack of depth on the LT spot. I still believe If not Wilkerson , Bars still could play decent LT if needed. 

Vildor is also getting snaps across from Johnson. Nichols has been dominant and Quinn is getting to the QB. Those are good signs. This defense is going to be legit.

For the offense, I don't think we have had a QB room this good ever. Foles is QB3 and could start on some teams. Dalton looks like the solid vet and Fields is turning heads while still learning. A great problem to have. My hope is they can flip Foles to NYJ or now IND for a mid-round pick and clear some cap space. 

Monty and Arob are faster, and Mooney, Byrd, and Goodwin are smoking fast. 

Fields is loving his TEs. Kmet and James making a lot of plays. This offense is probably the best we have had since Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, Bennett. 

I know the O-Line is a concern, but this offense is going to score more and the defense is going to allow less. I a figure a 3 point swing overall. That is probably good for 2-3 wins. So 10-11 wins seems like the target. Vegas at 7.5 seems like some easy money.

24 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

Quinn getting to the QB is nice, but who is he going against? Not Jenkins. So what does it really mean?

Even in drills, he has been noticeably faster/stronger. He was dealing with an injury all last year and it is clearly better than it was. 

30 minutes ago, adam said:

Even in drills, he has been noticeably faster/stronger. He was dealing with an injury all last year and it is clearly better than it was. 

I sure hope so, and of course it's not Quinn's fault if they don't put someone in front of him, it doesn't make him any less. I'm just saying, I look forward to seeing it against competition.

8 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Goldman out for COVID protocol.  Here’s to a quick recovery. 

This guy opts out due to COVID, comes back and gets it. Ouch. Hopefully he was vaccinated, has a quick recovery and doesn't have any major symptoms.

30 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And then this…SOLID depth add (confirmed on other sources).  

Now to find a solid LT backup. 

Our LB Corps is stacked. Our backups are Jones, Ogletree, and Attaochu, previous starters on other teams.

Beating the dead horse again.  Sorry to  horse lovers.  We don't have anyone who has played LT in an NFL game on the roster.  Even if everyone gets healthy we still won't.  Depth is great at all positions.   Where is it at LT?   Name anyone on the roster who we should be looking forward to playing the position other than Jenkins.   And he has never taken a snap at LT in the NFL.