Trade Thought...

Mongo3451

To do what, play OT?  It doesn't look like he's got a lot of experience there as he's listed as a Guard with some Center experience.  From the cost perspective, Matt Skura became a FA from the Ravens earlier this preseason and is also listed as a Center/Guard.  At the time I thought it would be worthwhile to consider looking at him but again, he's more an  interior lineman than OT.  And for the time being, he's currently on the Giants Practice Roster.

I think Williams will contribute enough to the offense that we'd be better to keep him if we an, even if he is in the backup role.  

On 9/9/2021 at 1:16 PM, Mongo3451 said:

Would you trade Damien Williams to the Ravens for Patrick Mekari?

Why not.  Williams is unnecessary.  In fact, also trade Eddie Jackson while we can get something.  Trade Mack, Quinn, and Hicks.  The D is too old and ho depth.  We need youth and volume.

1 hour ago, madlithuanian said:

Why not.  Williams is unnecessary.  In fact, also trade Eddie Jackson while we can get something.  Trade Mack, Quinn, and Hicks.  The D is too old and ho depth.  We need youth and volume.

Trade deadline is Nov. 2nd. I would give it to the beginning of October and then start moving players if things are not turning around. 

Peace

I said in the off-season, I would have started to blow things up and move anyone on the wrong side of 26 or so for picks.  Eddie Jackson has no value at this point so he's a moot point, but i still think they totally whiffed on Fuller and could have gotten something if they hadn't put themselves in a corner.  Hicks, similar, the Bears boxed themselves in and had no escape. I'm not saying they would have gotten a lot...but they would have got something.  I also was on record of saying now was the time to deal Mack.  THey need to shift and put investments in the offense/Fields and that starts by shifting where we spend the money and accumulating picks to retool both sides of the ball.  

Robinson is a really interesting guy to watch. If team is out of contention and far enough out...do the Bears move him for say a 2nd round pick?  Could they get a 2nd round pick?  I don't know...the 2nd round pick will likely not be as good as Arob, but you free up future cap space and probably can move him and Mack if you do this deal (since Arob would be cap savings that would allow you to absorb a Khalil Mack move).  

On 9/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Robinson is a really interesting guy to watch. If team is out of contention and far enough out...do the Bears move him for say a 2nd round pick?  Could they get a 2nd round pick? 

I agree with the invest in offense philosophy.  If a 2nd could be had for Arob, that would be a steal for us.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:52 PM, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I said in the off-season, I would have started to blow things up and move anyone on the wrong side of 26 or so for picks.  Eddie Jackson has no value at this point so he's a moot point, but i still think they totally whiffed on Fuller and could have gotten something if they hadn't put themselves in a corner.  Hicks, similar, the Bears boxed themselves in and had no escape. I'm not saying they would have gotten a lot...but they would have got something.  I also was on record of saying now was the time to deal Mack.  THey need to shift and put investments in the offense/Fields and that starts by shifting where we spend the money and accumulating picks to retool both sides of the ball.  

Robinson is a really interesting guy to watch. If team is out of contention and far enough out...do the Bears move him for say a 2nd round pick?  Could they get a 2nd round pick?  I don't know...the 2nd round pick will likely not be as good as Arob, but you free up future cap space and probably can move him and Mack if you do this deal (since Arob would be cap savings that would allow you to absorb a Khalil Mack move).  

Try a 5th or 6th round pick. 

On 9/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, Bill said:

I don't think anyone would trade for him at this time.  The team trading for him would want to sign a long term deal before any trade.  They might be able to get him for free at the end of the year.

I would expect Bears would franchise him one more year and thus will have leverage to flip him for a 2nd rounder (worse case).  I will say, my best case scenario was the Redskins or Dolphins, who both have great defenses, decide they need an upgrade at QB and Dalton plays himself into the point where you could get a pretty good pick for Andy.  Its unfortunate Dalton went down cause he was looking really sharp yesterday and would have helped justify that business case.  Than just move Foles in as the #2.  I used to think Foles was the guy they would deal....but now I'm thinking Dalton could be the best case guy you eventually flip once you decide it is Fields turn.  

Note: I was thinking this before Dalton got hurt and before Heinecke had a really good game. On the flip side, Tua is banged up.