Week 8 Official Game Thread - The Overrated Coach Bowl - SF @ CHI , +3.5, O/U 39.5, SUN 10/31, 12PM CT - FOX

adam

The team has really just become sloppy and embarrassing these last few weeks. 

Im not sure whose to blame, the WRs or the play calling?  Fields did look better but about 50% of his mid-long range throws were off target (to include the late desperation INT at the end).  I know the Oline hasn’t helped a lot but he did have some time to throw at least early on, especially when the run game was clicking.  And the successful throws were to TEs.  Why did the team abandon throwing to them in the short-mid range game?  And more frustrating, why wait this long to use them?  

There is no case to be made to keep Nagy or Pace at this point.  

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, adam said:

Welp that does it, 3-5 and out of the playoff race. Too many teams in front of them. Defense didn't stop SF on a single drive, they never punted. There is so much money on that side of the ball, they have to be better. Anywhere hear Goldman's name called? Dude is a ghost. DLine was supposed to be a strength, but the Bears are getting beat in the trenches. 

On the bright side, definitely Fields best game, even without any legit WRs and a bad O-Line. The rest of the year is no longer about wins and losses. Let's just see Justin gain experience and improve. 

Bears have to be sellers by Tuesday. Trade pretty much anyone on defense besides Roquan and Johnson. I would make pretty much anyone on the offense available outside of Fields, Monty, and Herbert. Obviously, keep Borom and Jenkins, but I would even let Daniels, Whitehair, or Mustipher go if someone is willing to give up draft capital for them. 

This - specifically your trade deadline. Either way - Fields was much sharper than any game all season. Was great to see! 

Missed the game for the 2nd week in a row and only saw a few highlights.  That defensive performance was pitiful and in an odd twist of fate on Saturday I got to see Mel Tucker's Mich State team beat Jim Harbaugh.   Life is odd at times but I should have known something wicked this way comes.   

I wish I had seen Fields performance, maybe I'll be able to catch a replay on NFL network later in the week.  Anyone who has even only played backyard football knows how ridiculously difficult it is for a right handed QB running to his left to throw that pin-point pass to Jesse James in the end zone.  

I just watched the game and OMG timing is everything.  There were so many pivotal plays that cost us the game.  Cody Whitehair and Sam Mustipher suck.  I'm especially disappointed in Whitehair.  He can't figure out how to partner with the center or LT.  He was a key figure in two big sacks in the second half and won't get charged with either.  Fields overall played well, but sailed a couple presses that could have been daggers.  He also rifled a ball deep to Mooney that he should have put some air under.  We clearly missed Mack and dare I say Eddie Jackson today.   Kudos to Fields, Mooney, Borom and Peters on offense.  Nothing really stood out on D.

Side note:  because I hate Pace and Nagy.  Offense had its best game.  And Jimmy Graham is our most expensive TE and he doesn't even play in 3 TE sets.

29 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I just watched the game and OMG timing is everything.  There were so many pivotal plays that cost us the game.  Cody Whitehair and Sam Mustipher suck.  I'm especially disappointed in Whitehair.  He can't figure out how to partner with the center or LT.  He was a key figure in two big sacks in the second half and won't get charged with either.  Fields overall played well, but sailed a couple presses that could have been daggers.  He also rifled a ball deep to Mooney that he should have put some air under.  We clearly missed Mack and dare I say Eddie Jackson today.   Kudos to Fields, Mooney, Borom and Peters on offense.  Nothing really stood out on D.

Side note:  because I hate Pace and Nagy.  Offense had its best game.  And Jimmy Graham is our most expensive TE and he doesn't even play in 3 TE sets.

Graham was on COVID restriction yesterday and was not available for the game. That being said, I would trade him for a future 7th round pick if I could find a taker and would be willing to eat his salary. He does nothing for us. 

Peace