Eberhaus Staff thread

Chitownhustla

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

So a random name - I have no idea what he has been up to, but I kind of always liked him (maybe for no reason) - but what about Jay Gruden as an OC.  

Interesting Idea. Does he have any connection to Eberhaus. Im going to look up if he ever helped develop a young QB. 

OC: Mike McDaniel, Joe Brady, Mike Kafka, and Pep Hamilton

Why McDaniel, he is the brains behind Shanahan's game, however, with Shanahan calling plays as HC, McDaniel doesn't get to do that. He may want to leave so he can be the play caller. The team may have to give him an Asst. HC title, but who cares?

Brady got fired after the Panthers started out 5-7, but Rhule really should've been fired. Brady was coaching at LSU in 2019 with Burrow.

Kafka, St. Rita and Northwestern Grad, played QB and has been the QB Coach in KC since 2018. 

Hamilton, has been on 7 different teams (wow), has been a position coach since 2004. Has a ton of experience and has worked with a lot of different QBs. Can he make the jump to coordinator?

1 hour ago, adam said:

OC: Mike McDaniel, Joe Brady, Mike Kafka, and Pep Hamilton

Why McDaniel, he is the brains behind Shanahan's game, however, with Shanahan calling plays as HC, McDaniel doesn't get to do that. He may want to leave so he can be the play caller. The team may have to give him an Asst. HC title, but who cares?

Brady got fired after the Panthers started out 5-7, but Rhule really should've been fired. Brady was coaching at LSU in 2019 with Burrow.

Kafka, St. Rita and Northwestern Grad, played QB and has been the QB Coach in KC since 2018. 

Hamilton, has been on 7 different teams (wow), has been a position coach since 2004. Has a ton of experience and has worked with a lot of different QBs. Can he make the jump to coordinator?

Is this your list or some rumor you picked up regarding who Eber (Flussie?) is looking at?   

Tabor will not be on the staff - he just took the same gig (ST coordinator) with the Panthers. I was kind of surprised - Tabor did a good job, but with uncertainty whether he''d be on Eber's staff I suppose he took the safe choice. Or Tabor reached out to Eber (since the offer from Panthers was standing) and Eber basically said - I don't know yet or take the offer cause I'm going another direction.  

I have to hope Poles recognizes the importance of special teams given the time he spent in KC where they have had Toub.  Boy would it be a coup if somehow Beras could get Toub back.  

Evidently - per Biggs - if Raiders interim HC doesn't get the gig - Bears are believed to have targeted him to be the new ST coordinator. Would be a pretty good hire and I have to assume Marinelli will be joining him on his way from the Raiders to Bears. 

Efer worked with Rich Bisaccia from 2013-2017 when he was the ST coach of the Cowboys. 

8 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Evidently - per Biggs - if Raiders interim HC doesn't get the gig - Bears are believed to have targeted him to be the new ST coordinator. Would be a pretty good hire and I have to assume Marinelli will be joining him on his way from the Raiders to Bears. 

Efer worked with Rich Bisaccia from 2013-2017 when he was the ST coach of the Cowboys. 

Good call. I think he already gave a list of coaches he wants to Poles when he got hired. He has a plan and knows who he wants here.

25 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't know enough about any canidates we hired for both jobs but I would have been excited if Jason  and AZ54 would have been hired for these jobs. Its a new day for the bears going forward, why not be positive.

me too, but i wanted too much money LOL

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't know enough about any canidates we hired for both jobs but I would have been excited if Jason  and AZ54 would have been hired for these jobs. Its a new day for the bears going forward, why not be positive.

I'm not giving up my cushy job as a critic where it is much easier to be correct after the coaches are wrong.    I wouldn't mind one of those consultant roles but I hear it only pays $15/hr.  

12 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Is this your list or some rumor you picked up regarding who Eber (Flussie?) is looking at?   

A little bit of both. 

I have a feeling we are going to have a pretty solid staff.  Not guys like Helfrich or Lazor. I really hope Furrey is gone. WR's outside of Mooney have been a disappointment and extremely undisciplined (Miller, Wims, etc).

Yeah it sounds like Packers Getsy as OC, Pep Hamilton as QB coach/pass game coordinator and the ST coach you mentioned. I would be shocked if Marinelli doesn't leave Oakland to come to Chicago (if he is interested) and still curious to see if Kafka (who is out of contract) makes his way over as well.  I will point out - Pep is experienced, but I'm not sure how experienced Getsy is. So it does seem like a talented, but potentially green offensive staff.  Rodgers has gone out of his way to compliment Getsy over past few years though.  

33 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Yeah it sounds like Packers Getsy as OC, Pep Hamilton as QB coach/pass game coordinator and the ST coach you mentioned. I would be shocked if Marinelli doesn't leave Oakland to come to Chicago (if he is interested) and still curious to see if Kafka (who is out of contract) makes his way over as well.  I will point out - Pep is experienced, but I'm not sure how experienced Getsy is. So it does seem like a talented, but potentially green offensive staff.  Rodgers has gone out of his way to compliment Getsy over past few years though.  

That would be a stacked coaching staff, wow. I would be highly impressed. On a side note, please get rid of Furrey.

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Did you read this somewhere?