Bears sign Pringle (From Chiefs) and ST. Brown (from Packers)

DABEARSDABOMB

Really like the Pringle pickup. He is big, fast and ascending.  Had a long path he took to the NFL but Poles is really familiar with him. He also can return kick-offs.  1yr 4M (2M in incentives).

Additionally - St. Brown didn't do a lot with the Packers, but he was behind a lot of people on the depth chart. I will note he is big and fast but reality is he is probably like some of the other fast guys (Goodwin/Byrd) who were scrubs last year.  

I really want one of Landry/Juju (or Robert Woods) plus a draft pick (or two).  

I think Pringle is more of a slot WR and there is no need to go after Landy,  I don't have his stats but just watching his 2021 highlights he appeared to be in the slot on the majority of the plays.  He was doing some kick coverage too!  He's betting on himself which is what Poles said he liked and if he plays well we have plenty of room to re-sign him next year.  

If St Brown couldn't do much with an elite QB throwing to him I don't expect much from him.  Getsy knows him but this feels more like St.Brown thinking a fresh start in a familiar offense will help him as much as any other place.  He's not the type of player who wants to be unsigned after an elite WR draft because that phone might not ring.  We'll see if he makes the roster.   

I see these guys as Byrd and Goodwin with more upside. Neither were getting a lot of reps on those depth charts, and both come from orgs we are familiar with (Poles and Getsy).

I wouldn't be surprised if we finished the trifecta and signed Pascal from Indy (Flus), but would not mind someone like JuJu.

8 hours ago, AZ54 said:

If St Brown couldn't do much with an elite QB throwing to him I don't expect much from him.  Getsy knows him but this feels more like St.Brown thinking a fresh start in a familiar offense will help him as much as any other place.  He's not the type of player who wants to be unsigned after an elite WR draft because that phone might not ring.  We'll see if he makes the roster.   

Part of that has to do with most WR's in GB not named Davante Adams.  Watching the Packers play Rodgers literally forces the ball to Adams most of the time.  Look at the target distribution.  It's hard to shine or show what you're capable of as a WR when you don't see the ball much.  

As a ND fan I was hoping the Bears would take him in the draft.  I can see the former Packers WR's that end up elsewhere this offseason wanting to prove themselves now that they are out of the shadow of Adams.

I wasn't all that impressed by this signing when it was announced. However, I never really paid attention to Pringle during the KC games I viewed (assuming he played in the few I watched). I must say that I'm impressed by what I see in the video. Thanks for posting it for us to view.

2 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I wasn't all that impressed by this signing when it was announced. However, I never really paid attention to Pringle during the KC games I viewed (assuming he played in the few I watched). I must say that I'm impressed by what I see in the video. Thanks for posting it for us to view.

He looks better than ARob last year, by a lot. Mahomes had a few bad passes that Pringle made nice catches on.

3 hours ago, adam said:

He looks better than ARob last year, by a lot. Mahomes had a few bad passes that Pringle made nice catches on.

I don't think he has great "hands" and there aren't many contested catches in his highlights but considering the $ difference this is a good deal for the Bears.