11 days to camp

Stinger226

Seen where one writer for PFF has an article on Bleacher report where they think we will have trouble winning one game this year. Keyshan Johnson said we have only two players that could start on other NFL teams. These guys have to be doing drugs. It is outrageous that they lack the research to say such stupid stuff. 

Players that could start on most teams:

Whitehair

Mooney

Montgomery

Quinn

Smith

Jaylon Johnson

That's 6 and there are probably a few more . Justin Fields would start on at least 1/3 of the teams. 

15 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Seen where one writer for PFF has an article on Bleacher report where they think we will have trouble winning one game this year. Keyshan Johnson said we have only two players that could start on other NFL teams. These guys have to be doing drugs. It is outrageous that they lack the research to say such stupid stuff. 

Whitehair

Mooney

Montgomery

Quinn

Smith

Jaylon Johnson

That's 6 and there are probably a few more . Justin Fields would start on at least 1/3 of the teams. 

I think there's quite a few teams out there where Brisker or Gordon would be a starter but this is Keyshawn and it's the offseason.  We know he's not putting in any time to review the roster and players.    

12 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Kmet, Pringle

I think there are several on the verge of being relevant but they have to show up this year. Its possibility  that our entire defensive backfield could be very good if Jackson gets back. Morrow could be good in this defense scheme.

14 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Whitehair

Mooney

Montgomery

Quinn

Smith

Jaylon Johnson

Patrick started for the Packers. Morrow is only a year removed from starting.  Muhammad started for the Colts. Gipson could easily start as Edge2 for several teams.

On offense I would say:

Fields, Monty, Kmet, Whitehair, Patrick, Mooney, Pringle

On defense:

Muhammad, Gipson, Quinn, Smith, Morrow, Johnson, Gordon, Brisker

There are 704 starters in the NFL on offense and defense, the players I listed above are easily in the top 500.

Santos could easily start on most other teams as well.

The more I look into some numbers, the more I think Pringle is going to have a big year. I had no clue he was #2 in the NFL in separation and 2nd in the NFL in DVOA for WRs. Two totally different stats, but really bode well for the Bears. In comparison, Hardman had the same separation but was 40th in DVOA. 

I really like the mix of WRs the Bears have. They aren't carbon copies of each other. With the addition of Harry, it is going to be a very competitive race for WR4-6 with Mooney, Pringle, and Jones locked into 1-3. Sharpe, Pettis, St. Brown, and Harry are now fighting for 2-3 spots. St. Brown knows Getsy's offense. Pettis was with WR Coach in NY, Harry has the size and pedigree. It is going to be interesting. I think St. Brown sticks because he has played STs, which is critical for backup WRs. We also have to think about PR and KR.

St. Brown - 6'5", 214 (ST?)
Harry - 6'4", 225
Sharpe - 6'2", 194
Pringle - 6'1", 203 (WR2)
Pettis - 6'1", 195
Moore - 6'0", 219
Jones - 6'0", 200 (WR3)
Mooney - 5'11", 180 (WR1)
Newsome - 5'10", 184
Webster - 5'10", 180 (KR/PR?)

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

4 months old, good dog

My wife and I love Rots.  When we started dating she had a massive Rot called tank.  He could of been in the dictionary under tank..  The gentlest dog and most loving I have ever seen.

Oh I was a mailman and the first time I saw him he was wagging his little tail at the door like I was a long lost friend.  Kinda scared me at first.

On 7/16/2022 at 9:30 AM, adam said:

The more I look into some numbers, the more I think Pringle is going to have a big year. I had no clue he was #2 in the NFL in separation and 2nd in the NFL in DVOA for WRs. Two totally different stats, but really bode well for the Bears. In comparison, Hardman had the same separation but was 40th in DVOA. 

I really like the mix of WRs the Bears have. They aren't carbon copies of each other. With the addition of Harry, it is going to be a very competitive race for WR4-6 with Mooney, Pringle, and Jones locked into 1-3. Sharpe, Pettis, St. Brown, and Harry are now fighting for 2-3 spots. St. Brown knows Getsy's offense. Pettis was with WR Coach in NY, Harry has the size and pedigree. It is going to be interesting. I think St. Brown sticks because he has played STs, which is critical for backup WRs. We also have to think about PR and KR.

St. Brown - 6'5", 214 (ST?)
Harry - 6'4", 225
Sharpe - 6'2", 194
Pringle - 6'1", 203 (WR2)
Pettis - 6'1", 195
Moore - 6'0", 219
Jones - 6'0", 200 (WR3)
Mooney - 5'11", 180 (WR1)
Newsome - 5'10", 184
Webster - 5'10", 180 (KR/PR?)

Its mind boggling all the negativity around our team this year. I get it has a lot to prove, but national writers saying ( lucky to win a game) is ridiculous. Where do you think our WR group will end up being ranked ? I say in the top 20. Jones will have over 50 catches, Pringle 70, and Mooney 96. Kmet 65, Monty 43, Ebner 30, Hebert 25. The key is the not WR room its the steps taken by Fields. Last year we had 542 attempts and 332 rec so I am probably under projecting. 

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Now ESPN is predicting that Fields will led the league in interceptions. WTF

Yeah it is pretty silly considering the Bears will more than likely roll out a run heavy offense. Fields would have to throw a ton to have the most INTs. 

Does it really matter though? Do you know who led the league last year, Stafford, who won the Super Bowl. Lawrence was tied with him but Stafford had less attempts. 

So what is your opinion on wins and losses this season?  If Fields takes a step forward, I see 9 to 10 wins. Easier schedule, more speed, better coaching ( we sucked on play calling). Better attitude  , everywhere Flus has went, the D got better. Lots of questions but getting players on 1 year deals that have to prove themselves, has to create better energy. 

20 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I see at least 9 wins.

And Peters is still an FA.  Why not? 

Peters has been a great LT and what he was able to do last year coming out of a fishing boat and playing an NFL game in less than a month was amazing.  There just aren't many humans on the planet who could pull that off at his age or any age for that matter.  That said he clearly struggled with moving around and I can't see him fitting into a wide-zone running game.  I'd prefer to just let Braxton Jones learn on the fly and see what the future holds.  At least we'd know better what is needed in the draft next year.   

If they sign him again, he's not coming back to be a backup. Like AZ , I don't see him playing well in a wide zone. The younger guys move better and may fit better . With having TEs and WRs that can block well , it gives more help for Braxton if he starts. I  listened to the NoName podcast with Olin and he restated that he thinks the starters will be Borom-Whitehair- Mustifer-Patrick- Jenkins. He said Jenkins is the most talented OL we have. He just needs experience. He thinks they are going with what they have to put the best line out there. He says he trusts Poles since he played the position until he proves otherwise. We have lots of maybes but won't take long to know if it works out. Less than a week for training camp.