Week 3 Official Game Thread - HOU @ CHI, 09/25, 12PM CDT, CHI -2.5 O/U 40.5 (Lovie Tribute)

adam

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, adam said:

Fields is terrible. He looks worse than Trubisky. He is missing wide open receivers. This is embarrassing.

He is making it easy on the decision makers which is what I want (I prefer he made it easy and showed he was something though). But I don’t want to drag this out - find out if he is the guy or not. 

So far he looks like the exact same player as last year - which tells it all cause he was statically awful last year and had been very much the same this year. Literally looks scared - indecisive / unable to read and react and play with speed and take the play there. 

If somehow one of these games things slow down - great - they may have their guy - but if they don’t than they are back looking for a qb. 

9 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

He is making it easy on the decision makers which is what I want (I prefer he made it easy and showed he was something though). But I don’t want to drag this out - find out if he is the guy or not. 

So far he looks like the exact same player as last year - which tells it all cause he was statically awful last year and had been very much the same this year. Literally looks scared - indecisive / unable to read and react and play with speed and take the play there. 

If somehow one of these games things slow down - great - they may have their guy - but if they don’t than they are back looking for a qb. 

How big of a sample size does he need? It was the weather, O-Line, tough defense, now what? At home against the Texans. He has been the worst QB in the league for the 2nd year now and in this game he looks the same. 

He has regressed so much, there has been zero improvement. He is literally doing everything wrong. It is absolutely shocking. 

8 minutes ago, adam said:

How big of a sample size does he need? It was the weather, O-Line, tough defense, now what? At home against the Texans. He has been the worst QB in the league for the 2nd year now and in this game he looks the same. 

He has regressed so much, there has been zero improvement. He is literally doing everything wrong. It is absolutely shocking. 

This season is the sample. Put up or shut up time for him. 

Just now, adam said:

Unbelievable, a 23-20 win against the Texans. We needed a defensive INT in the Texans red zone to win by 3. 

So do they keep starting Fields? 8-17, 106 yds, 2 INT, 5 sacks. Again, 7 negative plays in 17 attempts.

Yes - semien does nothing and they are rebuilding. You need to test Fields and see how he learns or doesn’t learn under this regime. He is the starter all season.

6 minutes ago, adam said:

It is disappointing to watch because it is groundhog day over and over again.  I hope he can break that cycle.  If he doesn't, winning today hurts because we need the highest pick to get someone who can be our franchise.

Just now, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Yes - semien does nothing and they are rebuilding. You need to test Fields and see how he learns or doesn’t learn under this regime. He is the starter all season.

Oh I agree, there is no point to put him in. However, Fields looks worse than Trubisky at the same points in their career (both had new coaches/scheme). He has regressed so much, it is quite shocking. 

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It is disappointing to watch because it is groundhog day over and over again.  I hope he can break that cycle.  If he doesn't, winning today hurts because we need the highest pick to get someone who can be our franchise.

Yeah thats what sucks. If Fields is not it, we are killing ourselves winning these worthless games. I would rather have him play good and lose than to play like this and win.

Just now, Stinger226 said:

Not a good game but we won,.

Bad: Fields

Monty hurt

OL

Secondary

Good: Herbert

Roquan

ESB keeps showing up

4 = bad, 3 = good, not good.

How about Vildor? Outside of 1 PBU, he was literally the worst player on the field besides Fields.

3 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Fields lost his confidence then backed it up by playing bad. Its a work in progress. Defense made to many mistakes and didnt have a good pass rush but we won because we could run the ball and got some TOs.

12 minutes ago, adam said:

Oh I agree, there is no point to put him in. However, Fields looks worse than Trubisky at the same points in their career (both had new coaches/scheme). He has regressed so much, it is quite shocking. 

He hasn’t really regressed. It is more he didn’t get any better through an offseason (at least not yet). He was absolute trash last year - like real real bad. He is playing just like he did last year (so far). 

Still way too early to call it on Justin.  Agree he needs more time and this whole season to be evaluated. Once again WAY too early to call it quits and hope for a higher first round pick next year.  As Jason suggested in another string, and with hindsight being 20/20 how would things look if the Bears had selected a George Pickens instead of Kyler Gordon in the second round?  The cast off WRs the Bears picked up at rock bottom prices this year aren’t much different than the ones from last year and certainly aren’t exactly blowing the doors off anywhere.  And our “#1 WR” Mooney?  Yeah…anywhere else he’s at best a slot receiver.  

In my mind this summarizes it best.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/nfl-exec-shouts-down-justin-fields-critics-after-packers-loss/%3Famp

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Still WAY too early for this.  Oline is still an issue. Honestly still not seeing much play action or short underneath throws.  Mills throwing a lot like Fields should be.  Maybe focusing too much on the big throws? 

Oh i didnt mean to trade him now, I mean if he doesnt improve, during the offseason, we could probably still get something for him.

Fields didn't look like an NFL QB at all.  This was the first game I've really seen him get so mentally out of it.  Poor throws poor decisions.  If the heat from the poor game against GB, or all the crap he got after the post-game press conference got to him then we have a problem because I don't want another shrinking violet trying to run the offense.  In the past if he made a mistake he had a fighters mentality and came back throwing another punch. 

The Oline was really poor today too and I'm not happy they keep benching Jenkins for Patrick.  I was ok early on to help Patrick get back into game shape but Jenkins has done enough to earn his spot and Patrick hasn't done enough to take it away IMO.  If Patrick can't beat out Mustipher to start at C then sit on the bench.  These snapping issues need to stop.  I can't say it's always Mustipher but for sure on the 2nd one that snap hit his right leg.  That said the bigger issue today was both OTs.  However, we ran the ball well so at least that part of the equation is something we can hang our hats on.  

This might be the first game ever where I felt like missing our 2nd TE caused so many problems.  Or maybe it just exposed the other gaps because we couldn't rely on the 2 TE sets and had to rely more on the WRs.  I'm not totally down on Fields yet because I'd like to see him in a few games at least with Pringle and especially Velus' speed on the field.    

The D lacks talent in a few spaces but they kept plugging away.  Roquan woke up from his slumber and started playing downhill again, as did Morrow.  That was great to see.  I'm not sure Roquan makes that INT if the ball isn't tipped.  He might defend the pass.  

I should add that I'm always looking for the moment where a young team finds ways to overcome adversity and win close games.  This team did that today and we shouldn't overlook that on a day where Miami beat Buffalo and Indy beat KC.  I'm not comparing our victory to those, just the fact of how close the NFL is on any given Sunday.  We had a lot of key players out, especially after the 1st quarter, and still found a way to get it done.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

I should add that I'm always looking for the moment where a young team finds ways to overcome adversity and win close games.  This team did that today and we shouldn't overlook that on a day where Miami beat Buffalo and Indy beat KC.  I'm not comparing our victory to those, just the fact of how close the NFL is on any given Sunday.  We had a lot of key players out, especially after the 1st quarter, and still found a way to get it done.  

A win is a win and that is a building block.  In a game that Fields looked terrible, other people stepped up.  We expected growing pains and they come in all forms.  I'm judging this season as a whole; see if Justin progresses and learn who your core is.  That's it.

45 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

A win is a win and that is a building block.  In a game that Fields looked terrible, other people stepped up.  We expected growing pains and they come in all forms.  I'm judging this season as a whole; see if Justin progresses and learn who your core is.  That's it.

Word.