Roster stuff

Alaskan Grizzly

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Its time to see if Ebner can play, otherwise, we will have to draft a new one.

He is a video on Reyes. You can just put him in as a situational pass rusher. He is extremely strong.

I am already considering RB in the draft.  This is Montgomerys audition as well.  His play has dropped off alot this year.  Devin Achane RB Texas A&M looks like a player that can take it to the house, maybe with our late 2nd or 3rd. 

As for Reyes, let's see what he can do.  This year is about finding out.  Maybe him and Robinson become pass rush studs and Poles becomes a genius converter.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

It'll be good to get a better look at Ebner anyway.

As I said in the other thread on Montgomery we need this evaluation period to determine what we want to do with Montgomery.  Wasn't hoping it would happen by injury to Herbert but this keeps Montgomery who is the better blocker on the field for Justin and given how many hits he's taking that important.    

I think it was a good combo because Monty punished people when he runs and wears them down and then Herby would run by them. It give us a chance to see Ebner and maybe they give some reps to V Jones. Darrington Evans is still on the practice squad, he will be called up. They have one spot open right now.

19 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Apparently Eberflus is tinkering with the idea of having newly acquired TE Sammie Reyes as a pass rusher.  Curious to see how that works out.  

In that video the screenshot of the RAS score shows his 10yd split of 1.62 which is outstanding.   For perspective that matches Von Miller although Von ran a 4.53 forty.  The broad jump and vertical jump match the explosiveness.  Can he bend and run around the corner?   There was no 3-cone time in the RAS table so we'll just have to wait and see when he gets on the field.  

3 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

They are looking for failed high round draft picks, to give them a second chance with their coaching.

They must know that it's unlikely they will turn into the players that the GMs that drafted them high thought they would become. So it would be easy and understandable for them to just sit on their hands. But if you turn one or two into a starter, thats a big win.

Oklahoma drill! Charlton and Leatherwood get in there LOL

It's great to see our staff working so hard to try to make a longshot pay off. And it certainly must inspire the players, who must know this season is lost from the point of view of playoffs, to buy in that everyone is working and improving toward something next year.

This is very impressive.

Also, if none of these guys pan out, don't blame Poles. He didn't bring them here in a way that says he believes in them as long term answers. He is just scouring the leftovers, holding auditions, and trying to leverage his coaching staff to break through to second chancers.

Taco is interesting, but lacks production in his career. Adams is a good player and will contribute. I am more enamored by Reyes. This yr is about finding players that might be a core player going forward.

WRs  Mooney and Claypool are set but Harry, Pringle, ESB, and V Jones still have to prove they can be.

OL   The jury is still out on B Jones (my opinion) he will be starting next yr at LT. Whitehair and Jenkins are set at OGs. 

Patrick, Borom, and Leatherwood still have to prove themselves as starters. I think they bring vets in at OC and RT.

RB    I think they sign Monty to a team friendly deal. 4-25 with the last yr voidable.  Ebner needs to prove himself. Herbert           will be back. We still have a young (24) Darlington Evans on the PS.

TE   Kmet is starting to shine as the passing game progresses. I think Wesco and Chase Allen will be back to prove                       themselves going forward.

In FA they will make two big signings and I think they will pay 2 vets on the OL to protect Justin. (Ethan Pocic and Jack Conklin sound good to me) 

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Taco is interesting, but lacks production in his career. Adams is a good player and will contribute. I am more enamored by Reyes. This yr is about finding players that might be a core player going forward.

WRs  Mooney and Claypool are set but Harry, Pringle, ESB, and V Jones still have to prove they can be.

OL   The jury is still out on B Jones (my opinion) he will be starting next yr at LT. Whitehair and Jenkins are set at OGs. 

Patrick, Borom, and Leatherwood still have to prove themselves as starters. I think they bring vets in at OC and RT.

RB    I think they sign Monty to a team friendly deal. 4-25 with the last yr voidable.  Ebner needs to prove himself. Herbert           will be back. We still have a young (24) Darlington Evans on the PS.

TE   Kmet is starting to shine as the passing game progresses. I think Wesco and Chase Allen will be back to prove                       themselves going forward.

In FA they will make two big signings and I think they will pay 2 vets on the OL to protect Justin. (Ethan Pocic and Jack Conklin sound good to me) 

Chase Allen is ok, Wesco is a pure inline blocking TE.  By next year I hope we can abandon some of these run heavy game plans and move more toward a passing game.  With Kmet as a standout inline TE who is effective in both blocking and receiving that will require a bit more of a receiving threat at TE, something we don't have on the roster today when we put 2 TEs on the field.  I think we'll be drafting a TE on day 3.  

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Oklahoma drill! Charlton and Leatherwood get in there LOL

Don’t forget N’Keal Harry and Riley Reiff! 

I think it’s kinda cool they’re finding these former 1st rounders at relatively low cost / low risk.  At one time or another they were all predicted by the “experts” to be great NFL players. 

6 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

I’d rather see if Ebner has anything than hand the rock to that scrub Montgomery. 

He is not that bad. He just doesn't have an elite trait, but he works hard. His biggest problem is his little juke stutter step. Instead of just hitting the hole fast like Herbert, Monty does a little juke step before he gets going and by then the hole is gone. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

What's going on with us  brings in Taco's and Wieners ? Not sure there is a joke there.

I just made a comment that the Bears missed a marketing opportunity by not signing Taco Charlton on Tuesday. Ashkum just replied that we signed Weiner on Wednesday as a joke. 

I thought he might turn into at least a good backup for us but at this point he's off to LA because they are desperate for help.  Carter was the more talented prospect and this will likely make certain that he doesn't get cut in an attempt to be placed on the practice squad.  

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2022/11/18/23467083/los-angeles-rams-sign-zachary-thomas-off-chicago-bears-practice-squad