Roster stuff

Alaskan Grizzly

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they moved Coulter up.  He's not necessarily an upgrade but he's also not a downgrade considering how many mistakes ISM made.  It's low bar to cross over and get better.   

The flip side is the message to the rest of the team that they are still competing to keep their job.  I'm good with that.   

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

I'm glad they moved Coulter up.  He's not necessarily an upgrade but he's also not a downgrade considering how many mistakes ISM made.  It's low bar to cross over and get better.   

The flip side is the message to the rest of the team that they are still competing to keep their job.  I'm good with that.   

He may not be the speed demon or athletic monster but maybe he can catch the ball.

17 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

With a roster that is clearly "pressing" to help Fields, it is a good thing, to impress upon all, to stick to the training and don't think to be the hero.  (Including Fields)

Hero-ball is the path to ruin. I totally agree.

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Haven’t seen anything official on the Lucas Patrick injury from last night. What we do know is he was carted off (from the sideline) and was ruled “doubtful” for the remainder of the game.  In the meantime, some forensic evidence of how the injury may have occurred.  

I wonder if he broke a toe? Normally you can tape those up.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/wr-byron-pringle-returns-to-practice-quick-hits

Injury update: The Bears conducted a walkthrough on Wednesday but placed two players on the estimated injury report. Offensive linemen Larry Borom (concussion) and Lucas Patrick (toe) were both designated as non-participants.

Patrick, who started at center against the Patriots, left the game on the team's second possession with a toe injury. During Tuesday's press conference, Eberflus told reporters Patrick will likely be placed on injured reserve.

58 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think I read where Patrick is likely going onto IR, which would imply the foot injury was serious. Hopefully this was a premature report and it turns out that the injury was minimal.  

Yup.  Appears that is the trend.  Dan Wierderer and others are saying the same. It was also mentioned that Pringle’s 21 day IR window will be open so he can start attending practices. Maybe available to play after this weekend.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Zeke Elliott is nursing a sprained MCL, he wont be playing Sunday.

Im guessing Dallas is thinking they should rest him against Chicago because they see the Bears as a non-issue.  Both he and Pollard are relatively interchangeable at this point. Pollard has 375 yds at 5.6 yds per carry and Elliott has 443 at 4.1.  It takes away some depth and interchangeability for them.  I see it as sitting Monty to let Herbert carry the load. 

10 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

First when I saw this story it was a ‘meh’ moment (guy coming over as a practice squad player).  But today saw a story about how he requested permission to leave KC due to their depth at WR and his inability to start games.   Guess we’ll see if it remains a ‘meh’ moment.  

For some reason I remember liking this guy as either a potential late rd draft pick or UDFA.   That said he's done nothing in his career.  

I can't imagine any football universe where a bottom-of-the-roster WR doesn't want to stay where he has a chance to get on the field with Mahomes throwing the ball.  It's hard to see how that can't help you get a nice deal with another team down the road.  (see Pringle).    This guy was competing with such stellar WRs as Marquez Valdez Scantling, Mecole Hardman, and Justin Watson yet still can't get on the field.   Even when he has been promoted to the game day roster in his career he's had 2 receptions.  

Last, what a coach says and doesn't say carry just as much weight and Eberflus said absolutely nothing about his ability as a WR.   

I have no clue why he's here but it's not for his upside.