Draft Slot Tracker (thru Week 15)

adam

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah but i dont see how the team we watched today could lose to both the Lions and the Vikings.

I dont think we are losing our last 4 games. Fields is to good, and we get enough of an effort out of our defense that will turn into a win somewhere. Probably Minny.

• adam changed the title to Draft Slot Tracker (thru Week 15)
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost had a chance at the #1 pick if HOU beat KC. Shocking it went to OT. The #2 pick looks like a very solid lock. Even with 1 more win, still locked into no worse than the #4 pick. Right now it looks like 2 or 4. 

2. CHI 3-11   BUF    @DET    MIN 
3. DEN 4-10  @LAR    @KC    LAC 
4. ARZ 4-10  TB    @ATL    @SF
5. LAR 4-9    @GB    DEN     @LAC    @SEA 

Baltimore is now in the 1st Wild Card slot. If they lose their WC game, they would be one of the best teams to lose, so that would be pick #23 or 24. If they win in the WC and lost in the Divisional round, it would be between pick #25-28. With Miami's pick voided in the first round, the Bears 2nd rounder will be between #54-59.

So potentially as good as 2 and 54. 52 spots between picks is like missing an entire round. If you can get multiple firsts and another second rounder, you have to really consider trading out of #2. With HOU destined to take Stroud or at least a QB, the #2 pick is going to be super valuable because teams are going to want to leapfrog both DET and SEA for a QB. 

CAR is currently drafting 8th. Would you take #8, a 2023 1st rounder, pick #39, and DJ Moore for the #2?

That allows you to still draft in the top 10, you get a top 10 2nd rounder back, an extra top 15 pick in 2023 and DJ Moore at WR.

The other team is IND, currently 6th. Would something similar and Buckner be worth it? So #6, a 2023 1st rounder, pick #37 and DeForest Buckner for #2 be worth it? The player is basically replacing another 1st rounder like SF did when they traded up for Lance. 

12 minutes ago, adam said:

CAR is currently drafting 8th. Would you take #8, a 2023 1st rounder, pick #39, and DJ Moore for the #2?

That allows you to still draft in the top 10, you get a top 10 2nd rounder back, an extra top 15 pick in 2023 and DJ Moore at WR.

The other team is IND, currently 6th. Would something similar and Buckner be worth it? So #6, a 2023 1st rounder, pick #37 and DeForest Buckner for #2 be worth it? The player is basically replacing another 1st rounder like SF did when they traded up for Lance. 

Yes to both

50 minutes ago, adam said:

I think both Washington and NO could be in need also.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2022/12/19/23515646/10-chicago-bears-takes-justin-fields-teven-jenkins-velus-jones-matt-eberflus-top-5-pick-eberflus

It was a good week for the Bears in regard to draft positioning, and that alone is worth celebrating. They came into Week 15 with the No. 3 overall pick and one of only three teams with less than four wins. They'll leave this weekend with the No. 2 overall pick and the lone three-win team in the league.

Even better? There are only three traditional four-win teams and two of those teams will play each other (The Los Angeles Rams and Denver Broncos) in Week 16. That means that the worst the Bears can do with a (1-2) finish would be the fourth overall pick. Here's a look at the current Top 5 according to Tankathon.com.

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2022/12/19/23515646/10-chicago-bears-takes-justin-fields-teven-jenkins-velus-jones-matt-eberflus-top-5-pick-eberflus

It was a good week for the Bears in regard to draft positioning, and that alone is worth celebrating. They came into Week 15 with the No. 3 overall pick and one of only three teams with less than four wins. They'll leave this weekend with the No. 2 overall pick and the lone three-win team in the league.

Even better? There are only three traditional four-win teams and two of those teams will play each other (The Los Angeles Rams and Denver Broncos) in Week 16. That means that the worst the Bears can do with a (1-2) finish would be the fourth overall pick. Here's a look at the current Top 5 according to Tankathon.com.

First time on the Tankathon site, I like it. On there I finally seen the name of T,Vondre Sweat. Was watching highlights of WRs and the 3 I like are Jaxon Smith-N, Jalin Hyatt, and Xavier Hutchinson . Not sure if any will be a #1 but would look good on our team. 

Been watching a lot of tape lately and some players I like. Not in any order. 

Devon Achane/RB      4.24 speed

Tuli Tuipulotu/DT        mauler

Felix Anudike-Uzomah/edge        quick

Devon Witherspoon/CB        very active

Jalin Hyatt/WR       speed 4.29

Mazi Smith/ DT   gap eater

59 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Been watching a lot of tape lately and some players I like. Not in any order. 

Devon Achane/RB      4.24 speed

Tuli Tuipulotu/DT        mauler

Felix Anudike-Uzomah/edge        quick

Devon Witherspoon/CB        very active

Jalin Hyatt/WR       speed 4.29

Mazi Smith/ DT   gap eater

I'm not a fan of drafting a RB but the way Achane runs with patience and vision, even on inside runs, plus that insane burst is pretty tantalizing.  

I like Tuli.  You can literally line him up anywhere on the front but to see a man his size get around the edge like he does is rare.  He also shifty enough to slip inside blockers.  

Anudike is listed at 6-3 but he plays bigger than that.  Curious to see how he does at the combine.  

It'd be nice if Hyatt's highlight film had more than just wide open go routes but unlike Velus he has easy soft hands.  I didn't see much route running or contested catches and for a 5th yr Sr you have to wonder how much he has to learn as a WR.  He is the epitome of.. If he's even he's leavin'.   The tools are there if he has the work ethic.  

16 hours ago, adam said:

Yes on either. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Two important traits of good players is their work ethic and love of football. That is why people like Leatherwood fail, their head isnt in the right place. Can we change that? Probably not

Both of those trades would be doable. How about with Indy #6, Pittman and Buckner, and pick #37 

Heck, I wouldn't even need the 37.  In

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Two important traits of good players is their work ethic and love of football. That is why people like Leatherwood fail, their head isnt in the right place. Can we change that? Probably not

Both of those trades would be doable. How about with Indy #6, Pittman and Buckner, and pick #37 

Watching Pittman drop easy passes this past weekend didn't impress me.  Nor did he show anything special with his hands on ball.  Admittedly a small sample but he didn't seem to be a player who would add anything we don't already have on the roster.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Watching Pittman drop easy passes this past weekend didn't impress me.  Nor did he show anything special with his hands on ball.  Admittedly a small sample but he didn't seem to be a player who would add anything we don't already have on the roster.  

actually I never watched any tape of him but has been productive and is big. Was a 34th pick. I thought that would compensate for the pick we traded away.

I seen a draft from Goggles on took 2 LBs in the first 5 picks, picked Anderson and then didnt draft a DT until the last pick. Drafted WRs late. He either isnt a Bears fan or just dumb.

This was fun. Traded down twice gaining 2 good future 1sts and still somehow managed to land DE Will Anderson.  This draft was mostly about retooling the defensive front 7.  Sign Procic C,  Jenkins OG and a RT to solidify the oline.  I guess we will be happy with our weapons at WR/RB/TE this year.  WR Hyatt, one of my favorites, is a 4.3 threat. This team will compete next year but will be young.

7.  Will Anderson Jr.  EDGE Alabama

15. Bryan Bresee.  DT Clemson

40. Anton Harrison. OT Oklahoma

56.  Jalin Hyatt.  WR Tennessee

65.  Gervon Dexter. DT Florida

71.  DeMarvion Overshown. LB Texas

131.  Mohamoud Diabate. LB Utah

133.  Joe Tippmann. OC Wisconsin

156.  Cody Mauch. OT North Dakota St

197.  Tiawan Mullen. CB Indiana

2024 SEA 1st

2024 ATL 1st

34 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

This was fun. Traded down twice gaining 2 good future 1sts and still somehow managed to land DE Will Anderson.  This draft was mostly about retooling the defensive front 7.  Sign Procic C,  Jenkins OG and a RT to solidify the oline.  I guess we will be happy with our weapons at WR/RB/TE this year.  WR Hyatt, one of my favorites, is a 4.3 threat. This team will compete next year but will be young.

2024 SEA 1st

2024 ATL 1st

If this were possible it'd be an A+ home run!

Imagine Anderson, Bresee and two firsts in 2024. That's GM of the year material!

11 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

2024 SEA 1st

2024 ATL 1st

That would be a excellent draft. No way Anderson makes it to 7 thou. Also with one of your LB picks, I think somewhere they will draft another TE,  They will be resigning Morrow, and we have Sanborn, so I doubt they take any LBs in their top 100 picks.

11 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

2024 SEA 1st

2024 ATL 1st

That would be ridiculous, especially considering how bad ATL will be next year, that will more than likely be a top 10 pick as well. Anderson probably won't make it out of the top 5, but to get him and Bresee in on draft would be a win regardless of any of the other picks.

4. LAR 4-10    DEN     @LAC    @SEA 
5. ARZ 4-10  TB    @ATL    @SF

The Christmas day game of DEN@LAR will basically lock the Bears into a top 4 pick. If ARZ can beat ATL next week, that would make it a top 3 pick (even with a win). If DEN doesn't win on Christmas, I doubt they win another game with KC and LAC next. LAR could potentially beat SEA, especially if SEA is out of the playoffs by then (if DET passes them).

On the flip side for the playoffs, DAL is a lock leaving only 2 WC slots left in the NFC. Currently NYG and WAS. WAS has a tough schedule and will need to win out to get in. So DET has a good shot to slide in as the WC3, which is wild. However, worlds collide with Bears at Lions in Week 17 as the Bears draft position is as much up for grabs as DET's playoff spot.

What would you rather have?

1. Bears beat Lions, knocking them out of playoff contention, but Bears slide to Pick #4.
2. Bears lose to Lions, allowing them to clinch a WC spot, Bears pick #2. 

After seeing what happened with the Jets and Wilson (Jets won a meaningless game the year before losing draft position), I would go with #2.

1 hour ago, adam said:

4. LAR 4-10    DEN     @LAC    @SEA 
5. ARZ 4-10  TB    @ATL    @SF

The Christmas day game of DEN@LAR will basically lock the Bears into a top 4 pick. If ARZ can beat ATL next week, that would make it a top 3 pick (even with a win). If DEN doesn't win on Christmas, I doubt they win another game with KC and LAC next. LAR could potentially beat SEA, especially if SEA is out of the playoffs by then (if DET passes them).

On the flip side for the playoffs, DAL is a lock leaving only 2 WC slots left in the NFC. Currently NYG and WAS. WAS has a tough schedule and will need to win out to get in. So DET has a good shot to slide in as the WC3, which is wild. However, worlds collide with Bears at Lions in Week 17 as the Bears draft position is as much up for grabs as DET's playoff spot.

What would you rather have?

1. Bears beat Lions, knocking them out of playoff contention, but Bears slide to Pick #4.
2. Bears lose to Lions, allowing them to clinch a WC spot, Bears pick #2. 

After seeing what happened with the Jets and Wilson (Jets won a meaningless game the year before losing draft position), I would go with #2.

you KNOW I want #2. and I dont ever want to feel that way again.

4 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

you KNOW I want #2. and I dont ever want to feel that way again.

I know, me 2! It opens up so many options for the Bears. Once you start dropping, you are then settling for what is left. 

I almost feel like #2 is the most valuable pick in the draft because HOU has to draft a QB at #1. That leaves every other player or a trade available to you. No other pick really has that flexibility. Once you get to #3, there is a chance 2 QBs are off the board AND there is even a chance that both Carter and Anderson are off the board, or one or the other. So at #3, you are already settling.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I know, me 2! It opens up so many options for the Bears. Once you start dropping, you are then settling for what is left. 

I almost feel like #2 is the most valuable pick in the draft because HOU has to draft a QB at #1. That leaves every other player or a trade available to you. No other pick really has that flexibility. Once you get to #3, there is a chance 2 QBs are off the board AND there is even a chance that both Carter and Anderson are off the board, or one or the other. So at #3, you are already settling.

if you need a QB, yes! But at least one of those two will be around at #3! Probably both. But the team at #2 might not be the one that makes the pick - trade bait and all that!