Week 8 Official Game Thread - CHI at DAL, +10, O/U 42.5, 1200 on Fox

adam

I think in part this is a test of Roquan's leadership skills - can he lead in Quinn's absence? $20 Mil has to buy more than just a player on defense, but it has to buy a leader too.

Roquan has been a head case. I think it's hard to say what his cap worth really is exactly.

We're put up 62 points in the last two weeks. The offense is progressing in the right direction against  2 good D's. I think the Defense was affected by Quinn leaving. Production wasn't great but he was a leader on the team. Obviously the Cowboys has  playmakers but the D just didn't have the energy they brought the last two games. We are short on talent but the effort wasn't the same. 

My takes from this game.  Our run game is legit.  We must ensure it stays that way.  I love Justin Fields toughness and resilience.  Rylie Rieff is clearly better than Larry Borom.  Mustipher is terrible.  The defensive line is now the weakest unit on the team, followed by the linebackers.  Poles has infinite possibilities this off season.  Hopefully he can get a stud receiver and 3 technique, while bolstering the OL.  Everything else is BPA and depth...

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

That was my take on the game in a season where Fields' development is job 1.  This was by far our best offensive performance and it came against one of the top defenses in the NFL.  The defense stayed on the plane.  

Yeah - this was a good game from Fields and another step forward for the offense. 

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I was curious how the defense would react to losing Quinn.  Not so much with him being gone but how Roquan was visibly bothered by his leaving. And with him as one of the leaders, it seemed the defense was a bit lackluster.  

Having been a Vildor fan last year I am no longer. Time to keep Gordon there unless you think he’s better served playing the NB.

I am a fan of Brisker for sure.  He was out of place a few times but he sure does a nice job in run support and inst afraid to hit.  

There was nothing in this game that showed Roquan was worth $20mil/yr.  

I think it plays out that our offense is getting better and our defense exposes it's weaknesses. I thought we might be better but we just need more talent to compete every week. Gipson is not showing up , Robinson needs development, Al Q M is just a rotation guy.  I think Justin Jones and Watts are keepers but we need a stud 3 T to make the line go. Smith will prove what his value is, game to game isn't the proper way to evaluate him.

As of now we need: 3T, pass rusher, another LB, another CB

#1 WR, another OT, OC (maybe Kramer), another TE

We have the draft and lots of Cap to get that done.  Definitely doable

Our OL is better with Schofield and Reilly playing. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think it plays out that our offense is getting better and our defense exposes it's weaknesses. I thought we might be better but we just need more talent to compete every week. Gipson is not showing up , Robinson needs development, Al Q M is just a rotation guy.  I think Justin Jones and Watts are keepers but we need a stud 3 T to make the line go. Smith will prove what his value is, game to game isn't the proper way to evaluate him.

As of now we need: 3T, pass rusher, another LB, another CB

#1 WR, another OT, OC (maybe Kramer), another TE

We have the draft and lots of Cap to get that done.  Definitely doable

Our OL is better with Schofield and Reilly playing. 

From elite players, who demand the highest of contracts at their position, I actually do expect consistent high level performance week to week.  I understand some games are better than others but those "other" games shouldn't have stats the same as an average run of the mill LB in Morrow with 5 tackles. 

23 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

From elite players, who demand the highest of contracts at their position, I actually do expect consistent high level performance week to week.  I understand some games are better than others but those "other" games shouldn't have stats the same as an average run of the mill LB in Morrow with 5 tackles. 

100% right