THE CHICAGO BEARS HAVE THE #1 PICK

adam

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Kancey has been sitting as a high 2nd. From Pit, like Donald, but he is small.

Now I am liking Mazi Smith from Michigan.  He is taller and heavier but as much an athletic freak and might make a better 3T.  My mock tonight brings some size to DE and DT.

download-8.png

Like that draft 3 OL and 3 DL

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Anderson had 10 sacks last year and17 TFL. I just seen someone post he had 65 pressures to go along with those numbers. That's an amazing stat.

he would look great in blue and orange. someone somewhere has to figure out whether he is worth picking at 2 or 4 rather than trading down, getting the next guy and another player.

If he ends up in Chicago, I will be very pleased.

A first pass at positional strength in the draft.   I'm sure nuances could be debated but I doubt they are far off the collective on this.  The good news for us is that Edge is 1, and DT 2.  WR is 3rd but it's more depth in the middle 2nd/3rd Rd versus top talent.    In 4th is OT with 13 prospects in the top 150.   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10062861-ranking-each-positional-group-in-the-2023-nfl-draft-from-worst-to-first

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

he would look great in blue and orange. someone somewhere has to figure out whether he is worth picking at 2 or 4 rather than trading down, getting the next guy and another player.

If he ends up in Chicago, I will be very pleased.

I am not falling in love with anyone because if you do then there is no reason to move down, just take him.  Plus, I don't think Arz let's him drop past #3.  I do like the thought of moving down to 4, 5 or 6.  6 being unlikely because it's detroit.  Those moves should provide a future first and addition 2nds and or 3rds. I think Murphy or Breese can be great players and taken there.  

36 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

A first pass at positional strength in the draft.   I'm sure nuances could be debated but I doubt they are far off the collective on this.  The good news for us is that Edge is 1, and DT 2.  WR is 3rd but it's more depth in the middle 2nd/3rd Rd versus top talent.    In 4th is OT with 13 prospects in the top 150.   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10062861-ranking-each-positional-group-in-the-2023-nfl-draft-from-worst-to-first

If we can get Anderson or Carter and move back  a few slots, it's a win win. A 4th pick,  and 2 second rounds picks, we will have a Edge, DT and WR. Lots of people have us picking LBers, CBs, and RBs with our high picks. All you have to do is listen to Poles speak. He's going to attack both lines first, as he should. Even at a BPA scenario, the strength of the draft are where we need to pick. Other than 2 OTs, the majority of OTs fall to middle rounds. Poles will find a player there.

41 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I am not falling in love with anyone because if you do then there is no reason to move down, just take him.  Plus, I don't think Arz let's him drop past #3.  I do like the thought of moving down to 4, 5 or 6.  6 being unlikely because it's detroit.  Those moves should provide a future first and addition 2nds and or 3rds. I think Murphy or Breese can be great players and taken there.  

exactly, but if we end up taking Anderson, that wont be so bad either. We have a lot of ways we can go, and all of them are good.