Bearstalk.com

DABEARSDABOMB

Bearstalk.com Members:

I'm hoping all of you were able to hear about the move (either via the old Bearstalk.com forum or the mass email we are in the process of sending out to the members) from the sportsinfinity network to our very own independently operated site. The network had pulled the Bearstalk.com forums which had been in existence for 7+ years and merged it with some other random forums. As a result the admins all discussed various options and we decided to continue in the Bearstalk.com tradition but on our own (on our own server, with our own software, with us calling 100% of the shots).

It is unfortunate that we lost all of the posts that were on the old forums as well as everyone's user names (which is why each member will have again to post on this forum). We recognize that the above makes such move a bit of a pain in the short-term, but we also believe that this move will allow us to ensure that we never have to undergo such a process again, thus enabling us to keep a great Bears community striving. We also believe that having our own server will allows us to provide the Bearstalk community with new features as the site continues to develop, grow and change in the future.

We also realize that in the short-term the format will be a bit new to many of us, so if you run into any questions along the way, feel free to post any questions within this thread (or in the "How Does That Work" forum).

On a going forward basis we will continue to work on creating a new front page (similar to what Bearstalk.com's front page was on the network) which will consist of Game Recaps and other information and next season we are hopeful that we will all once again be participating in Pixote's Various Pick-Em Challenges.

Also, if you happen to know a member who somehow didn't get the message (whether we had the wrong email info or they weren't able to access the old forums) please pass them the new link (TalkBears.com). We are hopeful that in a short time we will be transferred the rights to the Bearstalk.com domain name (it is currently owned by the network that the site was previously hosted on) and than at that point Bearstalk.com will direct you to the new site.

Now lets discuss some football :bears

Amazing job guys! You got this up really fast.

I'm glad to be here, and I've even ported over the Avatar you guys made for me years ago on bearstalk.com

The Bears may suck this year, but our board and moderators certainly don't. Nice job!

I'm proud to be a part of this community.

Cool!

For those of you that have made way onto this forum from Soxtalk.com (an independent White Sox message board, which I have run for a number of years, that is on the same server as Bearstalk) here's just an FYI:

This Bears site is Bearstalk.com (we are hoping to get the original domain name back) and the site will be ran and operated by all of the admins from Bearstalk (Pix, Myself, Connor, Iggy, Neo, Bearman, MBM, Bowlingtwig, LemonJ, & DB). Bearstalk is a Chicago Bears community that started over 7 years ago (may even be 10 years old). The site was originally part of the old NFL fans network and than that network merged in with the Rivals network and became known as Dabearsshrine, which than was transitioned upon the closure of the original rivals into a site called Bearstalk.com.

Bearstalk.com was part of the sports-infinity/nflfans network for a number of years until recent events that occurred in the past couple days, which led the site to become independent. As such, the admins at Bearstalk got together and we came up with the idea of relaunching the site seperate from the network (ie, this forum).

I look forward to seeing the new members (who came from Soxtalk's old Bears board) mesh in with the Bearstalk.com tradition of being the best & oldest (I can't think of many sites that have been open for as long as Bearstalk) Bears community on the web!!!!

Pretty easy to get over here....going to take a while to get used to the format...but it will be worth it.

WMB

It was easy to get to and easy to register...it is weird though. I really liked the old format, but this will just take some getting used to. As long as most of the old crowd comes back this will start feeling like home again.

It was easy to get to and easy to register...it is weird though. I really liked the old format, but this will just take some getting used to. As long as most of the old crowd comes back this will start feeling like home again.

I want to throw this option out there for those more comfortable with outlined layout of the old board. If you are in a thread, hit the options button (near the top of the thread) and than look at the display options (I think that is what it is called) select the option for "outline" (this option will give you a more similar layout to what was on the old forums).

well, with all this new stuff, I vote that we add the bearbang to the list of emoticons thbearbang.gif

Also, with this site getting bigger (btw, how many more would you expect to join from the old board?), and with the bowl games, offseason, and draft coming up, I vote for a College Football sub-forum and a Draft subforum...

:)

Also, with this site getting bigger (btw, how many more would you expect to join from the old board?), and with the bowl games, offseason, and draft coming up, I vote for a College Football sub-forum and a Draft subforum...

:)

I can see most of the major old crowd from Bearstalk.com joining, especially if they can get the url to direct them here. It will be nice if we can get all of the old crowd back...at least we all have a fighting chance of keeping up with Nfo and have a head start on him if he comes over! :D

I can see most of the major old crowd from Bearstalk.com joining, especially if they can get the url to direct them here. It will be nice if we can get all of the old crowd back...at least we all have a fighting chance of keeping up with Nfo and have a head start on him if he comes over! :D

I'm very hopeful that all of the regular's at Bearstalk.com will make it over here and I'm even hoping when we send the mass email out we'll end up seeing some former members make their way back over to the new digs.

Great job, DBDB. It was sad to see the old Bearstalk go, but being independent and hopefully getting the other guys to come over we can watch this site grow. The hostile takeover angered me especially having PnP tell us about "our little world over there". Did he realize our little world had more post/views with mature/trolless members. Our little world was the #1 NFL forum in the world and now we are independent. So now were are the hits and traffic going to go, thats right....RIGHT HERE. :bringit

I'm one of those guys that reads just about everything on the forum but hardly ever posts so I'm pretty familiar with the old site and everyone. I just wanted to thank the admins for all their hard work and dedication. This site, while new and different, is awesome and I think once we get used to it we'll se that it is better than the old one.