Weekly Tankathon Meter

adam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

What world that we live in thatĀ  can have the #1 pick and #5 pick thenĀ  be 1 game out of playoff contention. I love the NFL

I thought the same thing. 1 game out of the playoffs and the #5 pick, talk about hedging our bets. The Giants are the next closest at 1 game out and #8.Ā 

2 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

Not a big fan of LA Chargers slipping into the top 5. How in the world are they that bad?

Especially since they have a top LT, edge rusher, S, CB, WR, RB, and QB. They seem to have all of the key positions covered, yet are terrible. The big darling in the coaching world was Staley a few yrs ago. With Vangio, McVay then hired to Chargers in 2021. Hailed as a progressive coach and made the playoffs in 2022. With all those mentions, he still failed terribly.Ā 

36 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

The Jets are going to try to allow NE to beat them last game of the year. Hopefully, they can. Additionally, Washington beating the Jets would be huge.Ā 

Rodgers is going to be playing - so I donā€™t know that it would happen that way but would be great for Pats and Cardinals to each get another win.Ā 

CAR beating the Falcons really leaves the door open for NE to steal that spot, like the Bears did at the end of last season. Also, SEA winning that damn game on Mon really hosed up the SOS advantage the Panthers were building on N.E. Now everything is tied up again.

I don't think the Packers are bad enough to lose the Panthers this week, but I worry about JAC if Lawrence isn't healed yet from his concussion. I also reaaaaaaally worry about the last game of the season against TB, because that game could end up meaning nothing for the Bucs. If they go 0-2 or 2-0 over the next two games, they'll either be divisional champs or out of the playoffs all together.

Either we really need to get lucky with the SOS, or we best hope the Patriots can beat the Jets in the last game. I suspect Bill Belichick will be doing everything he can to win what looks like his last game as a Patriots head coach. The Patriots have also beaten the Jets like 15 or 16 times in a row, so maybe a little room for optimism. Either way, this thing is going to come down to the wire. I'm nervous.

44 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

CAR beating the Falcons really leaves the door open for NE to steal that spot, like the Bears did at the end of last season. Also, SEA winning that damn game on Mon really hosed up the SOS advantage the Panthers were building on N.E. Now everything is tied up again.

Boo!!!
Ā 

44 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

I suspect Bill Belichick will be doing everything he can to win what looks like his last game as a Patriots head coach. The Patriots have also beaten the Jets like 15 or 16 times in a row, so maybe a little room for optimism. Either way, this thing is going to come down to the wire. I'm nervous.

Me too. Go Bill!

Thankfully Aaron Rodgers announced that he isnt going to return this year, so that should help too.

19 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Damn that is terrible. Out of both Daniela and Bowers range.Ā 

The top 3 at this point are Williams, Maye, and MHJ. I am assuming Fashanu is top 5, then you have Bowers, Latu, Newton, Nabers, Alt, Odunze, McKinstry, Robinson, and Verse. The Bears will get two of those players listed, one of the top 3, and one from the group after Fashanu. I am assuming Bowers, Newton, and Nabers will also be gone before #11. That leaves Latu, Alt, Odunze, McKinstry, Robinson, and Verse.Ā 

35 minutes ago, adam said:

The top 3 at this point are Williams, Maye, and MHJ. I am assuming Fashanu is top 5, then you have Bowers, Latu, Newton, Nabers, Alt, Odunze, McKinstry, Robinson, and Verse. The Bears will get two of those players listed, one of the top 3, and one from the group after Fashanu. I am assuming Bowers, Newton, and Nabers will also be gone before #11. That leaves Latu, Alt, Odunze, McKinstry, Robinson, and Verse.Ā 

and add Daniels and possible Penix to that list?

58 minutes ago, adam said:

On that list there are 7 teams that probably try to get a QB, so our trade value goes up with the first pick, if we get lucky enough to get it. If we win one more game no way we have a shot at Daniels if we fall back past 7. No way Poles is taking the 4th or 5th best QB with our other pick. He will load the roster and try to find a prospect in the second or third round. (trade back)