Week 9 Official Game Thread - Bears at Saints (Sweat Revenge)

adam

10 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I would agree and think he’s not it either.  But would you rather have a guy like Bagent (and Fields) on the team who are already familiar with the system (assuming some form of what they’re doing offensively stays in place) than some unproven rookie (no matter how “evolutionary”) and having to start over? 

I assume we will have a new coach - so that means a new system. Don’t think it is smart not to give the new coach a qb. But I have long said I am not handing a qb the job. Make whomever it is earn it. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Kmet having maybe his best game. For all his experience, people dont realize hes still only 24 years old, and still improving.

He’s a very good all around tight end. Just like Jaylon is a really good db. He blankets guys and is a physical tackler. I expect if they sign him we will see more turnovers when they get a pass rush (already a bit better today with Sweat but they have work to do still there).

7 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I assume we will have a new coach - so that means a new system. Don’t think it is smart not to give the new coach a qb. But I have long said I am not handing a qb the job. Make whomever it is earn it. 

right, if Fields or Bagent or  a rookie next year TAKE the job, prove it belongs to them, and make you think you be CRAZY not to play them - then and only then will we stop looking for a QB.

This "he needs another chance" and "give him more time" all that is good - no one comes out of the gate NFL ready, and you have to develop players - but even as you are developing them, you are still thinking about adding competition until one of them TAKES the job in a clear and obvious way.

For example, last year, we chose to develop Fields, but we got a second first rounder for 2024 as an insurance policy to get another top QB if necessary.

I understand the seduction of using both first rounders on non QBs - it would do a lot for us - but this is a QB driven league, and unless you KNOW you have one, you still need one.

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

right, if Fields or Bagent or  a rookie next year TAKE the job, prove it belongs to them, and make you think you be CRAZY not to play them - then and only then will we stop looking for a QB.

This "he needs another chance" and "give him more time" all that is good - no one comes out of the gate NFL ready, and you have to develop players - but even as you are developing them, you are still thinking about adding competition until one of them TAKES the job in a clear and obvious way.

For example, last year, we chose to develop Fields, but we got a second first rounder for 2024 as an insurance policy to get another top QB if necessary.

I understand the seduction of using both first rounders on non QBs - it would do a lot for us - but this is a QB driven league, and unless you KNOW you have one, you still need one.

You have to keep taking swings at QB until you get one. 

5 turnovers and a ton of penalties and lose by a TD, that is what you call beating yourself. The refs didn't help. Some really ticky tack calls on Bears and blatant ones not called on Saints. It looked like the PHI/DAL game, PHI never gets called for a penalty. 

12 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Almost everyone was praising Young over Stroud but it looks like the latter is better. Its hard to get it right. We more need a OC that designs a O to fit their talent. he is doing that for Bagent but isnt for Fields. I want to do what he did for Fields last year , rolling the pocket, RPOs, quick throws instead of 3 progression plays. Yes you need to have Fields do that but run the ball, use play action. You may have a better view of Justin.

Say we trade Fields, he goes somewhere and balls out but we took Williams and he is still struggling in his second year. I dont even want to think about that. The key is to get better coaches.

I really give the staff a lot of credit for Jenkins.  The time they took with him to get his lower back and core in proper condition was imperative.  They literally saved his career.  His core is the key, because that latch and mirror technique, the blogger talked about, takes a tremendous about of core strength.  I like him and Wright next to each other.