Week 11 Official Game Thread - Bears @ Lions, Sunday, 11-19, 12pm, FOX Bears -10, O/U 47

adam

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, adam said:

game over, thankfully, what a shit show.

This team is so poorly coached it is ridiculous. The entire staff needs to go.  2 score lead and you run the ball into 9 man boxes. Defense plays Cover-2 with wide open receivers on every play. 

exactly. this isnt just a few bad decisions, this is sustained malpractice.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

The Bears had double the TOP and +3 in turnovers and lost. 

its like you bought really high end groceries and Eberflus turned it into slop. He couldnt take those assets and put them together into a win. He will never be good.

If you had to evaluate Fields in a vacuum with this horrible coaching staff, I think he passed his first of 7 tests today. He did enough to win and they took the ball out of his hands when it mattered the most. The safety at the end was meaningless to me. 

Tyler Scott has been downgraded for me. He can't fumble from a basic tackle and slowed up enough to miss that deep ball. His blocking has been above average for his size, but everything else has been below average for me.

Mooney had one target, he clearly won't be back next year.

15 minutes ago, adam said:

If you had to evaluate Fields in a vacuum with this horrible coaching staff, I think he passed his first of 7 tests today. He did enough to win and they took the ball out of his hands when it mattered the most. The safety at the end was meaningless to me. 

If the defense was lockdown, I'd understand them running two plays, not the same up the middle crap though.  The Bears should have won today and should have beat Denver. Coaching has killed two games when you had the lead

33 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The Bears should have won today and should have beat Denver. Coaching has killed two games when you had the lead.

Exactly. I’m comfortable with saying Justin has shown he belongs.  If you count that Denver game, Justin has done really well.  I discount the Minny game due to him probably having a concussion before getting injured.  M

Hes thrown 786 yards for 9TDs and one INT with a 121.1 average in those three games.  

If the coaching is as suspect as we believe then Fields has shown he belongs and we don’t need to draft a QB. Hope we lose out and the Panthers have the worst record because we will have a great opportunity to be great next year if Poles makes the right choices. I don’t like losing but it can be a sweet bitter pill if Fields is a generational talent and we put quality around him. 

58 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Exactly. I’m comfortable with saying Justin has shown he belongs.  If you count that Denver game, Justin has done really well.  I discount the Minny game due to him probably having a concussion before getting injured.  M

Hes thrown 786 yards for 9TDs and one INT with a 121.1 average in those three games.  

When he brings home a victory when they are trailing on the last drive then, and only then, will I worship at the altar of Justin. He's just another athletic QB who is inconsistent and has trouble seeing the field. When we got behind at the end of the game I had 0 faith he would lead a winning drive. Tired of the excuses about "he was good, but we still lost." Winners don't do that and he's now on year three. If he was going to be a franchise QB he'd have shown it by now. imDo, we gotta move on from him along with the crappy group of coaches.

51 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

If the coaching is as suspect as we believe then Fields has shown he belongs and we don’t need to draft a QB. Hope we lose out and the Panthers have the worst record because we will have a great opportunity to be great next year if Poles makes the right choices. I don’t like losing but it can be a sweet bitter pill if Fields is a generational talent and we put quality around him. 

Some have already written him off. Maybe a coach like Harbaugh would be able to get this team going in the right direction.  They can use this draft capital to build something great with the right mindset.

1 minute ago, ChileBear said:

When he brings home a victory when they are trailing on the last drive then, and only then, will I worship at the altar of Justin. He's just another athletic QB who is inconsistent and has trouble seeing the field. When we got behind at the end of the game I had 0 faith he would lead a winning drive. Tired of the excuses about "he was good, but we still lost." Winners don't do that and he's now on year three. If he was going to be a franchise QB he'd have shown it by now. imDo, we gotta move on from him along with the crappy group of coaches.

The last drive was coaching.  Then Scott gave up on his route for a second.  That ball was placed perfect if he didn't break his stride for a second.

If this organization had any balls, Eberflus would have been launched into the sun the minute that game ended. What a clown, this guy. 

What else needs to be said about him? He will go down as the coach with the worst all time record in Bears history. Josh McDaniels was 3-5. This mother fucker is 6-22! I'm so sick of watching this team invent new ways to lose football games. They had the ball for 40 minutes (!) today, had a two score lead with 4 minutes in the game, and, still, somehow lost. 

And it had nothing to do with the quarterback—who was great.

This game came down to coaching in the final minutes, whether it was Luke Getsy's chicken shit playcalling on the last drive or Eberflus' defense falling back into a predictable shell and still allowing Goff to gash them down the field in a game that was nearly impossible to lose. 

It is possible that Poles has already determined that Flus is gone, but just doesn't see any benefit of bringing someone else in as a caretaker since there is no DC and the OC is worse than the HC.

So while it is bad enough to have reached the decision point to fire him, it might make sense to wait for the end of the season to do it?