Week 12 Official Game Thread - CHI @ MIN, NOV 27th, 7:15PM, MNF (CHI -3.5 / O/U 45.5)

adam

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Bears win. We all lose.

Defense played great. Fields hand is clearly not healed. This is also one of those games that is really hard to use to evaluate Fields. He did lead a GW drive and closed out a game, even after back to back fumbles. However the only reason they were in that position was because of him lol. 

4 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

Says it all.  Luke Gutless rather than try to score in the red zone take a QB kneel 3 times and kick a FG.   I’ve never in my life seen anything like this.  

The odds of the Bears messing that up was too high. Also, they needed to burn all the Vikings tickets and burn the clock.

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Fields has a shitty game and wins it with a 36 yard bullet. Finally he pulls one out. Thank God for Flus's defense.

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

No coach is going to not play for a FG. One sack and the games over.

2 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

At least run the ball. There’s no killer instinct. Give yourself a chance to punch it in. Rather than just sit back and play not to lose. 

exactly, but Stinger wants us to think Fields won it in the end and Flus' defense is the reason - bring em all back!

It's the craziest, wrongest thing I've ever heard. How you watch that game and come away with that is pure delusion.

32 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Fields isnt dumb. He knows that this play calling means they dont trust him too.

OMG another screen. Fields must be so humiliated / angry.

Here is what I don’t get. This play calling doesn’t make Getsy look good either. I think Getsy would be better up opening it up and having film of his qb missing open targets or not executing than this. Quite frankly Packers offensive coaches haven’t been great elsewhere since McCarthy left so Getsy could be crap. 

But I think I am now 95 percent plus on draft a qb with top pick. 

He did win it at the end. I get you don't like him. You complain when he throws 4 TDs and over 300 yards but doesn't finish the game. Now he finally pulls a game out and wins, you're still complaining. Maybe if he dies in a  car accident on his way home so you will have something to cheer about. 

Coaching inconsistent calls are killing this team.   AND we need a OC  Whitehair comes in for Jenkins and he blows his blocks. 

I

13 minutes ago, adam said:

If the Bears don't have meltdowns against DEN and DET, they are 6-6 going into the bye. Literally two plays away from 6-6. The narrative would be polar opposite right now.

I mentioned this elsewhere. And it would be 6 wins in last 9 games.  Crazy thing is Bears are 4-3 in prime time and 3-19 in all others in past two years. 

4 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He did win it at the end. I get you don't like him. You complain when he throws 4 TDs and over 300 yards but doesn't finish the game. Now he finally pulls a game out and wins, you're still complaining. Maybe if he dies in a  car accident on his way home so you will have something to cheer about. 

Coaching inconsistent calls are killing this team.   AND we need a OC  Whitehair comes in for Jenkins and he blows his blocks. 

I

Not sure if this was directed at me - but I loved Fields the individual, but I don’t think I have seen enough out of Fields the QB. I do give him credit for getting the win tonight and battling adversity to finish it out despite two late fumbles. Now go throw 3 tds and run for another after the bye. We win out and make the playoffs :) 

19 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

At least run the ball. There’s no killer instinct. Give yourself a chance to punch it in. Rather than just sit back and play not to lose. 

The Bears did exactly what you have to do. It wasn't to protect JF, it was to get the W.   You will see smart players slide before scoring to safely down the ball to run the clock and kick a FG.  

Just now, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Not sure if this was directed at me - but I loved Fields the individual, but I don’t think I have seen enough out of Fields the QB. I do give him credit for getting the win tonight and battling adversity to finish it out despite two late fumbles. Now go throw 3 tds and run for another after the bye. We win out and make the playoffs :) 

No it wasn't, PHX just wants Fields to look bad all the time so he can be the genius and prays for a new QB. I just want to see the season play out hope he does well. If not then I'll be all in on a new QB.

Like Adam stated, we are getting better and those 2 games we gave away would have turned out wins, we would be in a wildcard hunt. 

Minnesota has been playing well lately and we hung in there with them in their house and won. Yes it was ugly but  we still won. Now Fields is 1-1 on his report card. He has 5 games left to show Poles he is improving.

Poles did text me and  said its not looking good for Fields future with the team. 

26 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Here is what I don’t get. This play calling doesn’t make Getsy look good either. I think Getsy would be better up opening it up and having film of his qb missing open targets or not executing than this. Quite frankly Packers offensive coaches haven’t been great elsewhere since McCarthy left so Getsy could be crap. 

But I think I am now 95 percent plus on draft a qb with top pick. 

Exactly!  What is there to gain by this kinda play calling? What it shows as a coordinator that you have no understanding of basic offensive play calling concepts.  You don’t know how to set up plays or show any rational continuity in his play calling.  It also says he can’t call an offense to fit his players but rather needs his players to fit his system.  If you have a good system and are confident in it let your players play.  If the don’t perform you can at least make the case that the plays would work better talent.  What it shows is he doesn’t trust his players and would rather take a damage control route (play not to lose). 

Fields is a separate issue.   Poles has some decisions to make this offseason. 

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Another thing you have to consider with the coaching, we lead the league in penalties. That's never good on a resume. 

It speaks to poor discipline, poor technique, and in some cases lack of talent. Where you’re in bad position where you resort to things that draw flags.  The JJ interception followed by the unsportsmanlike, then penalties and miscues by the offense result in a punt when we should have at least netted 3 points.  This team has been its own worst enemy from coaches down to the players on the field.

Fields has been a mixed bag, he shows flashes of what were hoping he’d be, we’ve also seen problematic signs.  The problem is with the current play calling it’s hard to get a true evaluation.  Maybe we never will and he just becomes another in the long line of “incomplete” grades.  One could argue that with better play calling and play design he wouldn’t be as inclined to try to play hero ball.  As much as we speculate that the coaches don’t trust Fields, it’s quite possible that the opposite is also true and he doesn’t trust them to put I’m in position to succeed. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

No coach is going to not play for a FG. One sack and the games over.

I'd have fired Getsy on the spot if he tried to run any plays against that front inside the 15, when you can just run the clock down as they did, make Minn burn their two remaining timeouts, and then kick a FG which has something like a 99% success rate.