Week 14 Official Game Thread - DET @ CHI, SUN, 12/10, Noon, CHI +3, O/U 42

adam

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, adam said:

Scary throw by Fields there, double clutched but then threw a missile to Mooney. They finally call something on the Lions after Mooney is hit late out of bounds. Now Fields needs to get some calls.

I think when your QB has a bunch of designed runs, they call the hits a little less maybe?

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think when your QB has a bunch of designed runs, they call the hits a little less maybe?

Absolutely, but he actually gets hit in the head a lot. It is also one thing to hit them as you try to avoid them, but he gets hit like normal, but on a slide and the minute he starts the slide, the play is over.

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Definitely  we need new a center to complete the OL build. He stays on a double team block instead of sliding off and picking up the stunt. You can't complete passes when a defender in your face.

I need to rewatch some plays, but guys are getting pushed back into Fields almost immediately. He can't step up because there is someone there.

4 minutes ago, adam said:

I need to rewatch some plays, but guys are getting pushed back into Fields almost immediately. He can't step up because there is someone there.

true, and we definitely need an upgrade at center, but if Fields was getting the ball out fast, it wouldnt be the same issue.

Try counting seconds (correlated with how many steps his drop is) before Goff releases, then count those seconds for Fields and see if Fields is touched before you get to the point where Goff releases.

Nice pick by JJ! Too bad EJax had to have a penalty.

So far this game is just everything we've seen so far. All the good and all the bad.

We are who we think we are?

The good news is unlike other years where everything was broken, we can truly see where the changes need to be made, and what is working.

Jaylon Johnson with another pick, he really knows what Goff is trying to do.  What sucks is it would be better just to bat it down there and take the ball at the LOS lol. I know it is counter intuitive but that ends up being as good as a punt with the dumb penalty.

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

true, and we definitely need an upgrade at center, but if Fields was getting the ball out fast, it wouldnt be the same issue.

Try counting seconds (correlated with how many steps his drop is) before Goff releases, then count those seconds for Fields and see if Fields is touched before you get to the point where Goff releases.

On that sack on Fields, there was no one even close to open there. 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Jaylon Johnson with another pick, he really knows what Goff is trying to do.  What sucks is it would be better just to bat it down there and take the ball at the LOS lol. I know it is counter intuitive but that ends up being as good as a punt with the dumb penalty.

good point.