Advice please

Stinger226

I like everybody on here but have issues with one. Everybody sees that , I dont really care what he thinks. I dont want to piss everyone else off so after fantasy season , if you guys want me to leave , I'm okay with that. Im not asking anyone to pick a side  but if it bothers everybody, I'm not sure there is another way.  I have  tried to be civil in this matter but if someone thinks every comment is secreting referring to him, i can't do anything about that. . Just let me know. If you want this conflict to end, i will hold no animosity towards  anyone. Someone needs to step up. 

So far Mongo and Killz have voiced their opinions, I get it,  its not personal in any way to not like two adults acting like middle schoolers. 

36 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Stay.  You contribute valuable content.   It’s hard for me to believe it but this group has been together a long time.  I’d like To keep it that way.  

Wow it's almost 15 years for me. It's not like it's a normal friendship but definitely a kind of bonding thing in an odd way. Jason has been on here a long time and added a lot before but not so much anymore. Someone else that I'm forgetting his handle isn't around anymore that I use to enjoy his contributions. I think it was scs787_or something like that.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I like everybody on here but have issues with one. Everybody sees that , I dont really care what he thinks. I dont want to piss everyone else off so after fantasy season , if you guys want me to leave , I'm okay with that. Im not asking anyone to pick a side  but if it bothers everybody, I'm not sure there is another way.  I have  tried to be civil in this matter but if someone thinks every comment is secreting referring to him, i can't do anything about that. . Just let me know. If you want this conflict to end, i will hold no animosity towards  anyone. Someone needs to step up. 

So far Mongo and Killz have voiced their opinions, I get it,  its not personal in any way to not like two adults acting like middle schoolers. 

Don't you dare leave. We need you here. We need PHX here. We need you both to continue to contribute. I know the two of you are having a rough time getting along with each other but I trust eventually it work itself out. 

You're both very loyal Bear fans with differing opinions. It's good that we can share different thoughts on the Bears. No one needs to prove themselves to be correct in their analysis. We just need to kick back and enjoy seeing the Bears play.

36 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Wow it's almost 15 years for me. It's not like it's a normal friendship but definitely a kind of bonding thing in an odd way. Jason has been on here a long time and added a lot before but not so much anymore. Someone else that I'm forgetting his handle isn't around anymore that I use to enjoy his contributions. I think it was scs787_or something like that.

Echo what others said - I want everyone to stay. This is best forum for civilized bears talk on the planet and it’s because of all of us collectively. 

Re: Scs I might be completely wrong but I thought Adam might be scs and changed names but I could be wrong. 

8 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Echo what others said - I want everyone to stay. This is best forum for civilized bears talk on the planet and it’s because of all of us collectively. 

Re: Scs I might be completely wrong but I thought Adam might be scs and changed names but I could be wrong. 

nope, I am Adam, I came over from SoxTalk a long time ago as RME_JICO, just changed my name once I retired from the Army. 

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Do not go anywhere, I will do better moderating everything.  

This whole Fields situation is incredibly polarizing and as you can see, we have some super passionate fans who want nothing more than the Bears to succeed. We can all agree to disagree and I will start moderating the posts better, especially when it gets overly personal, we don't need that, we aren't Lions or Packers fans. 

This forum has been around for too long to lose members over things like this. 

For the entire group, please DM me if you have an issue with a post so the admins can review. I try not to step in unless absolutely necessary to do so as I don't want to censor anyone. 

Keep the band together! Everyone does not have to agree and that is okay. I think we all want to see the Bears be great again and stay that way.  How they get there is never in our hands.  Look no further than the draft and the head scratcher picks, but we end up saying okay, let's go!  

• 2 weeks later...

If everyone agreed with one another on our views on the Bears and what they need to do to return to the super bowl, it would be very boring and needless to say, not nearly as enjoyable as having a lively debate with friends.

We need to circle the wagons and keep this band of fans together!

1 minute ago, Pixote said:

If everyone agreed with one another on our views on the Bears and what they need to do to return to the super bowl, it would be very boring and needless to say, not nearly as enjoyable as having a lively debate with friends.

We need to circle the wagons and keep this band of fans together!

If everyone agreed on Bears subjects, I wouldnt be on here, that would be totally boring. I like to see other views to see where I am wrong or right with my thought process. 

Part of the problem is some light sarcasm or humor could be construed as poking fun at someone vs the subject, then the other person responds personally and we are off to the races. 

Facts are facts, numbers are numbers, but everyone is entitled to interpret them in their own way, it doesn't make anyone stupid, dumb, or an a-hole.  250 yards passing may be a success to some and a failure to others. I just like to see all angles and if not find more to further the discussion.

At the end of the day, we all are dying for some prolonged success so the offseason is not the most exciting part of the year. I think we are close. 

There is also an option to put a forum member on your ignore list. You or PHX could always use it so you wouldn't need to interact. Personally, I would hope you guys would bury the hatchets and we can return to enjoy dreaming of the awesome future the Bears are going to have.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Part of the problem is some light sarcasm or humor could be construed as poking fun at someone vs the subject, then the other person responds personally and we are off to the races. 

Facts are facts, numbers are numbers, but everyone is entitled to interpret them in their own way, it doesn't make anyone stupid, dumb, or an a-hole.  250 yards passing may be a success to some and a failure to others. I just like to see all angles and if not find more to further the discuss

Adam just look in the thread you took down and go back a few days and you be able to see who's attacking who. He tried to say that defenses have caught up with Fields and he can't run anymore. I showed him the stats he is third in the league for rushing for QBs, and said ( nice try) and he blows up saying I'm attacking him for ( nice try) . But  every one seems to be ok him calling me stupid a moron and a pediaphile. Funny how that works. 

and yet I begged you over and over to stop fighting with me, to stop speaking to or about me, and you kept "rattling my cage" i think you described it yourself.

yes, your constant years long condescension, sarcasm and personal jibes have been passive aggressive, and under the radar and constant for years, and yes after asking, then demanding that you stop and you didnt, I blew it up until it was so unpleasant that admins had to ask us BOTH to stop - my purpose exactly.

So just stop. We dont need to prove anything else. We just need to stop the whole discussion about all of it. Thats ALL Ive wanted this whole time. With each increasingly unpleasant volley I included that you could end it all if you just STOP.

So just STOP.

After you call me  a pedophile and I say I'm not going to take that  crap anymore and  that I am going to start rattling your cage. For some reason you think can say anything you want and that I have no right to respond. Your evidence I'm a pedophile because I travel to Thailand ? Most people would be calling a lawyer for a defamation suit and I  just thinks its funny when you say stupid shit. Because I am responding back yo you , Im starting trouble and wont stop . Its funny how that works. 

I would love to see you try to convince a judge that I savagely attacked you with the words( nice try) 

You tease everyone by saying your done with this site and here you are.