Week 17 Official Game Thread ATL @ CHI, SUN 12/31, 12PM, CBS, CHI -3 O/U 38

adam

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think he would make a move potentially just before the draft - just to make sure he could get the bids leading into the draft and get a pick this year. 

do you think a team trading for Fields would want the 5th year option in place? i would assume they wouldnt, that would give him year 4 to prove himself and then they sign him to a long term deal during next year?

If youre a team taking on Fields after he didnt work out in Chicago, I would think youd be more afraid of the $25 Mil commitment without seeing how he does in your system?

I still think that money would count against our cap too but i cant find anything either way on that scenario

16 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

do you think a team trading for Fields would want the 5th year option in place? i would assume they wouldnt, that would give him year 4 to prove himself and then they sign him to a long term deal during next year?

If youre a team taking on Fields after he didnt work out in Chicago, I would think youd be more afraid of the $25 Mil commitment without seeing how he does in your system?

I still think that money would count against our cap too but i cant find anything either way on that scenario

They would absolutely elect it - presume they would do it right after trading for him (it is just after draft when you have to elect it). 

3 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

They would absolutely elect it - presume they would do it right after trading for him (it is just after draft when you have to elect it). 

the team trading for him doesnt have that option. I think the bears have to exercise it, and then the $ is guaranteed, and i think it counts against our cap when we trade?

I do know for sure that you cant trade the option to the new team. But maybe you can trigger it and then trade. But then who pays the $25M cap figure?

10 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

the team trading for him doesnt have that option. I think the bears have to exercise it, and then the $ is guaranteed, and i think it counts against our cap when we trade?

I do know for sure that you cant trade the option to the new team. But maybe you can trigger it and then trade. But then who pays the $25M cap figure?

No. When the Panthers acquired the Sam Darnold from Jets - they acquired him and than elected the option. 

39 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

If you trade during the draft , you don't have to pick up the option. He will be asked that 100 times by reporters, just lead them on. It's all about driving a trade value up. The draft haul will be because 2 teams will be bidding against each other.

39 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

No. When the Panthers acquired the Sam Darnold from Jets - they acquired him and than elected the option. 

Interesting I had read and heard the opposite, but in a quick google search Im finding nothing. i did read your link and it does look that way.

Ill dig more tomorrow.

In the Falcons last game only 9 of 32 attempted passes went to WRs. They are throwing underneath all the time. Atlanta russed for 177 yrds. If we keep them under 100 yrds rushing we win the game. TOs will matter. The only yr Heinicke started for the whole yr, he threw 20 TDs and 15 int, almost 1 a game. 

Predictions;   we hold them under 110 yrds rushing

we have 3 picks- pick 6 for Gordon

we have 4 sacks

Fields rushes for 114 yds- 210 passing yds- 2 TDs- 1 rushing TD

we win 27-13

• adam unpinned this topic