Bears @ Vikings Game Thread

Da Bears 88

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, as always I'll be watching the game. I'll still be rooting for a win (I'm a big believer in wins helping you a lot) as opposed to the loss (although if they lose I'll tell myself better draft pick, lol) but more importantly I'm hoping there are no injuries and that we see the young players (such as Orton) play well.

Great point. A Bears win would hurt the Vikings especially if the Lions can find a way not to blow another game.

My question is which team do I hate more, Vikings or Lions. For whatever reason, I love the Packers rivalry and can't find it to root for them not to make the playoffs (I respect the hell out of that franchise and Favre). When it comes to the Vikes/Lions I just have a bitter distate for both franchises.

The only thing I like about the Vikings is Chad Greenway and Adrian Peterson (he is just amazing to watch). I hope neither of em make the playoffs, with the Giants choking in the first and the Pack making it to the superBowl (that way next year we can take the defending NFC super bowl Packers down a peg or two in what will hopefully be a much better Bears season).

Does anyone besides myself think that it is irresponsible for Minnesota to be playing Peterson with a torn LCL? Isnt there extra stress on the remaining ligaments?

The kid is one good hit away from being out for quite some time and possibly losing some steps, keeping him out there with a pretty good backup in Chester Taylor just seems like a bad idea to me, playoff scenario or not.

Does anyone besides myself think that it is irresponsible for Minnesota to be playing Peterson with a torn LCL? Isnt there extra stress on the remaining ligaments?

The kid is one good hit away from being out for quite some time and possibly losing some steps, keeping him out there with a pretty good backup in Chester Taylor just seems like a bad idea to me, playoff scenario or not.

I'm not sure. About a week ago I tore my meniscus in the knee, while spraining my ACL/MCL. They initially thought I tore everything but I was lucky enough to go back in when the swelling had subsided more and they said I didn't need surgery and it should heal on its own. I can now walk, jog a bit (albeit I still don't have full range of motion) and from what I know my injury is more serious than the LCL (could be completely wrong).

If I can do that, than I'm sure he's okay, especially with a brace. The Doctors said I should be pretty much recovered in another week (Its been pretty quick but I think that is because for the most part all my tendons were okay) with me being able to get back up to the mountains for snowboarding in 2-3 weeks (I'm being careful on that cause I don't want everything to blow).

I do admit I'd be really careful if I were the Vikes, but if he can plant and make his cuts he's probably at no further risk of injury to the other joints.

My question is which team do I hate more, Vikings or Lions. For whatever reason, I love the Packers rivalry and can't find it to root for them not to make the playoffs (I respect the hell out of that franchise and Favre). When it comes to the Vikes/Lions I just have a bitter distate for both franchises.

The only thing I like about the Vikings is Chad Greenway and Adrian Peterson (he is just amazing to watch). I hope neither of em make the playoffs, with the Giants choking in the first and the Pack making it to the superBowl (that way next year we can take the defending NFC super bowl Packers down a peg or two in what will hopefully be a much better Bears season).

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS THE SAME HATRED FOR DET/MIN AND THE RESPECT FOR GB/FAVRE!!

I'm just excited about Orton and hopefully the emergence of Mark Bradley.

That's what I am excited about. I want Kyle to play well and I want a chance to see what Bradley, Haas, and Wolfe can do with playing time. I don't think I will get all of that (For some reason Haas isn't getting a sniff from Turner and the boys) but That's my wish list.

Spoilers on Monday Night :headbang :headbang :headbang

I hope we are the rain on their parade! I think it's a total trap game as I mentioned in a previous post. On paper, we should lose by 10...but this is a divisional game. All bets could be off.

The Bears just need to show up hungry and angry! Play smart and play tough!

BEAR DOWN! :bang

Spoilers on Monday Night :headbang :headbang :headbang

I hope we are the rain on their parade! I think it's a total trap game as I mentioned in a previous post. On paper, we should lose by 10...but this is a divisional game. All bets could be off.

The Bears just need to show up hungry and angry! Play smart and play tough!

BEAR DOWN! :bang

I got to be honest, given the defensive line being completely decimated, I could honestly see the Bears giving up 250+ rushing yards and going down in an absolute horrible game (especially since you know there will be some ups/downs in Orton's first start back, which is only natural since its been so long since he played against a 1st string NFL defense).

Either way I'll be rooting for the best.

That's pretty much how I feel, too. I always want the Bears to smash the Packers, but I don't find myself rooting for them to lose otherwise. It's a better rivalry when both teams are competitive.

As far as Vikings or Detriot, Detriot has been so bad for so long that I have to dislike the Vikings more. I hate anything associated with the Metrodome.

I got to be honest, given the defensive line being completely decimated, I could honestly see the Bears giving up 250+ rushing yards and going down in an absolute horrible game (especially since you know there will be some ups/downs in Orton's first start back, which is only natural since its been so long since he played against a 1st string NFL defense).

Either way I'll be rooting for the best.

Yeah, after I put my kool-aid down, I'd tend to agree. However, maybe these new guys are just what the doctor ordered. They are fresh warm bodies. And they do have some pedigree, albeit unfulfilled.

Stange things can happen when the pressure is off a decent team that's been playing bad agasint a decent team that's been playing over their heads...

I'm no Hannibal, but I like the odds!

hannibal2.bmp

I see us getting embarassed on Monday Night again! Only thing worse than losing is doing on a national stage.. My guess is the vikings will set some kind of team or nfl record against us, or some unknow will have a career highlight reel against us.

But I sure how we can muster enough balls to win this game.. :bears

I see us getting embarassed on Monday Night again! Only thing worse than losing is doing on a national stage.. My guess is the vikings will set some kind of team or nfl record against us, or some unknow will have a career highlight reel against us.

But I sure how we can muster enough balls to win this game.. :bears

If I were to tell you the Bears were not only gonna cover, but they were gonna win this game, is that something you might be interested in?

If I were to tell you the Bears were not only gonna cover, but they were gonna win this game, is that something you might be interested in?

Hey Bomber, Now I know you are already Drunk at this point. Cover and win as well up in the Twins Cities with the way we have played all year? Don't think so. We are now hoping that Orton will be able to do what Grossman nor Griese were able to do and IMO Orton does not have the talent. Orton is going to be running for his life, AP is going to struggle to succeed and Turner is going to screw it all up with his so-called play calling. Then you have to consider how banged up and poorly the defense is at this point. The only possible way is for Devin to return everything to the house that is kicked his way. Wait a minute, we all know the the ViQueens are not going to do that. We'll see what happens however, I expect that we are going down in flames once again on Monday Night.

For the others that say they are rooting for the team directly North of us, you got to be joking. It is one of the fierest rivalries in professional sports and at this point and time, their fans are laughing at us once again because we are doing so poorly, that we are an after thought to them. Does not sound like a good team to be rooting for in my estimation. As for the rest of the Black & Blue or Norris Division as Boomer Berman calls it, None of them deserves our respect and definitely do not need our support. Papa Bear started this league and we have everything behind us in history and tradition. One of these days I hope that we learn how to be competitive year in and year out.

yeh Papa Bear would be rolling in his grave at some of the missed tackles,penalties and bad plays we have had this year.... he would call the 2007 Bears "a bunch of cocksuckers" .

Its not only going to come down to whether Orton can play well,its going to come down to if are WR can catch the ball..one of the things we have had problems with all year..Also we really need to get some kind of running game going.I like Peterson,because he plays hard and even if he only makes two years he will fight for them,unlike Benson.I would also like to see Wolfe shearing the load,what little I've seen of him,he seems to be great as the bump off go to guy.

Hey Bomber, Now I know you are already Drunk at this point. Cover and win as well up in the Twins Cities with the way we have played all year? Don't think so. We are now hoping that Orton will be able to do what Grossman nor Griese were able to do and IMO Orton does not have the talent. Orton is going to be running for his life, AP is going to struggle to succeed and Turner is going to screw it all up with his so-called play calling. Then you have to consider how banged up and poorly the defense is at this point. The only possible way is for Devin to return everything to the house that is kicked his way. Wait a minute, we all know the the ViQueens are not going to do that. We'll see what happens however, I expect that we are going down in flames once again on Monday Night.

For the others that say they are rooting for the team directly North of us, you got to be joking. It is one of the fierest rivalries in professional sports and at this point and time, their fans are laughing at us once again because we are doing so poorly, that we are an after thought to them. Does not sound like a good team to be rooting for in my estimation. As for the rest of the Black & Blue or Norris Division as Boomer Berman calls it, None of them deserves our respect and definitely do not need our support. Papa Bear started this league and we have everything behind us in history and tradition. One of these days I hope that we learn how to be competitive year in and year out.

I predicted the Green Bay victory and Im predicting this one. Why dont you tell me some more about how the nickname Flexy means you are gay and play football like a gay individual?

I think I am, as many of us are, anxious to see if the Bears do some experimenting with the lineup, get some players on the field that have been under used to evaluate them for next year, and then to see what the Bears management & coaching staff does to try and get this team back to the dominate team we were just 1 year ago (through Free Agency and the Draft).

Many teams have had a down year after a SB loss, the good ones return to wreck havoc the following year. I am hoping we kick some major ass in 2008!!