Week 18 Official Game Thread CHI @ GB, SUN 1/7, 3:25PM, CBS, CHI +3, 44.5 O/U

adam

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

If we can dial up pressure on LOVE, he will make desperation throws that our DBs will LOVE.

He does it all the time, and has gotten away with it time and time again. Today he will pay!

Good Lord, I hope didn't just jinx us. 

Nah, how can you jinx a team that hasn't beat the Pucker since forever? Today is the day we take it to 'em!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things to watch today:

• DJ Moore needs 11 receptions to move into sole possession of 2nd place in franchise history for a single season with 103. 
  • DJ Moore needs 122 receiving yards to move into sole possession of 2nd place in franchise history for a single season with 1,422.
  • Cairo Santos needs 2 FGs to become the single season franchise leader with 34 (1 ties him with Gould for the lead).
  • TJ Edwards needs 9 total tackles to move into 3rd for solo tackles in a single season with 154 (8 ties Urlacher for 3rd)
  • TJ Edwards needs 12 solo tackles to move into 10th for solo tackles in a single season with 96.
  • Tyrique Stevenson needs 3 PD to move into 4th place for PDs in a single season with 18 (he would pass Tillman, Jackson, and Vasher).
  • Justin Fields only needs 274 rushing yards to become the Bears all-time franchise leader for rushing yards as a QB. 
  • Justin Fields only needs 1,475 passing yards and 13 TDs to break the Bears all-time franchise records for a single season. 

GB allowed 30 pts to CAR. CAR was shutout last week, are being shutout this week, scored 9 pts before the GB game and 6 pts before that game. So in the last 3.75 games besides the GB game, the Panthers have scored 15 pts, and scored 30 against GB. Hmmm.

I don’t care about the draft position I good win should be the building block for a competitive season next year. 

We have the No. 1 pick and should get great capital if we trade the pick. 

I’m hoping the Fields has a statement game 💪💪💪💪

8 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

I don’t care about the draft position I good win should be the building block for a competitive season next year. 

Whether Fields comes back or not a big game helps his trade stock also. No one should ever want the bears to lose to the Packers.

19 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

I am hoping for a Bears win and Raiders win. Bears get #11 in that scenario which is crazy good for an 8 win team that also has the #1 pick.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Things to watch today:

• DJ Moore needs 11 receptions to move into sole possession of 2nd place in franchise history for a single season with 103. 
  • DJ Moore needs 122 receiving yards to move into sole possession of 2nd place in franchise history for a single season with 1,422.
  • Cairo Santos needs 2 FGs to become the single season franchise leader with 34 (1 ties him with Gould for the lead).
  • TJ Edwards needs 9 total tackles to move into 3rd for solo tackles in a single season with 154 (8 ties Urlacher for 3rd)
  • TJ Edwards needs 12 solo tackles to move into 10th for solo tackles in a single season with 96.
  • Tyrique Stevenson needs 3 PD to move into 4th place for PDs in a single season with 18 (he would pass Tillman, Jackson, and Vasher).
  • Justin Fields only needs 274 rushing yards to become the Bears all-time franchise leader for rushing yards as a QB. 
  • Justin Fields only needs 1,475 passing yards and 13 TDs to break the Bears all-time franchise records for a single season. 

I think he might come up a bit short.

First drive a doink FG that goes in, Bears 3-0, I think that's a good omen, right?

Fields looked solid, play calls on the short stuff is still sus for me. Everyone knew a screen was coming there.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Walker with a huge 1 armed sack on Love to force a FG that they miss.

and a great play by Stevenson too - the defensive roster is pretty damned good.

I think it's funny that Romo is praising Getsy so hard and couldnt even say his name correctly earlier in the game LOL

And Romo's not an idiot - he definitely knows football. But it just shows you how pundits and announcers just reenforce narratives theyre given or read somewhere. And Im not blaming them, thats their job, but its why you cant really take it like its real analysis.

So far Getsy had to do the predictable screen on 3rd down, now does the boot with Trent Taylor trying to block the OLB Gary. Come on Getsy. Just put Kmet, Lewis or ESB there. 

Fields ends the first quarter 6-6, 55 yds. 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

They just had Taylor block Gary wtf Getsy.

Weve been asking the wrong WRs to be point of attack all year. The head coach could say something if he saw it and wanted to change it all these weeks.

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think it's funny that Romo is praising Getsy so hard and couldnt even say his name correctly earlier in the game LOL

And Romo's not an idiot - he definitely knows football. But it just shows you how pundits and announcers just reenforce narratives theyre given or read somewhere. And Im not blaming them, thats their job, but its why you cant really take it like its real analysis.

They even showed a different coach and he said it was Getsy, I think it was Borgonzi.

perfect. We're supposed to keep Eberflus because as head coach, hes doing a good job as DC. Well this isnt a terrible offense. THey have good offensive coaches. Let's see the playcalling battle coming up here and see if Eberflus is a difference making coach?

Will he even win the rock paper scissors battle 2 out of 3?

got Flus on the no huddle. players didnt know whether they should come off or not because the call wasnt in fast enough. Its just a first half time out so it doesnt matter. But

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic