The Caleb Williams story

Stinger226

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I resigned to being Skip because he responded as such. 🤷🏻‍♂️

bwahahaha that was a bad move! Everyone knows Skip is always wrong!

On 2/3/2024 at 9:48 AM, Mongo3451 said:

That's what I want regardless of where Caleb wants to go.  That's because I'm a Drake Maye guy.  The extra picks would be icing...

I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I can't believe any Bears fan is a Drake May guy after Trubisky.

12 minutes ago, jason said:

I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I can't believe any Bears fan is a Drake May guy after Trubisky.

I get it.  But, it's a totally different story.  Do some digging.  He's not Mitch.  I'll be at the combine to watch them all in three weeks and will be looking for the little things.

I dont think Maye's experience or coaching is anything like Trubisky's. By all accounts he's a really good prospect. There is some narrative that he lacks some spark of leadership or momentum in the game in clutch moments. I dont know if that narrative is true. Im looking forward to all the pre draft film on youtube.

But Maye is Maye, whoever that is, and i wouldnt worry about the Trubisky comparisons. He[s just got his own stuff to like and wonder about?

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I get it.  But, it's a totally different story.  Do some digging.  He's not Mitch.  I'll be at the combine to watch them all in three weeks and will be looking for the little things.

I've watched video, read reports, and no matter what I do I still think, "Yeah, but North Carolina and Trubisky."

It's like that one liquor that you got absolutely shit-faced to in college, and even though someone offers it to you years later, the mere thought of it makes you want to vomit.

1 minute ago, jason said:

I've watched video, read reports, and no matter what I do I still think, "Yeah, but North Carolina and Trubisky."

It's like that one liquor that you got absolutely shit-faced to in college, and even though someone offers it to you years later, the mere thought of it makes you want to vomit.

North Carolina carries a notion , the QBs coming from  there never suceed  in the NFL. Its the same stigma that the Bears cant develop QBs. Its like OL lineman are always good from, Michigan and Ohio State. TEs from Iowa They all have some truths to them but nothing is absolute.

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

For me it was/is Tequila.  And this is the proper way to say it.  

Lol, you know you are there when you are trying to determine what alcohol or drink "did it to you". 

7 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

For me it was/is Tequila.  And this is the proper way to say it.  

When i was in Cabo , one of my friends bought a 140.00 bottle of tequila, boy was that sipping material, very smooth.

I'm not a big partier, but Happy Ending is the most reasonable food prices I found. Lots of expensive places to eat. Have some friends at Cabo Cantina, so was there a lot. Salvatores was awesome food with huge portions, got 3 meals out of it.

There's a huge unfinished building on the Marina, every place I mentioned is within 3 blocks of there. Go to Happy Ending first, you can walk out of for 10 to 15 a meal, every where else is double that. Around the marina everything is .  over priced my friend did it fishing trip caught a Marlin, 4 Degauto first and a couple Mahe Mahe fish. Don't know if I spelled those right. It cost him 300 for 5 hours.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I'm not a big partier, but Happy Ending is the most reasonable food prices I found. Lots of expensive places to eat. Have some friends at Cabo Cantina, so was there a lot. Salvatores was awesome food with huge portions, got 3 meals out of it.

There's a huge unfinished building on the Marina, every place I mentioned is within 3 blocks of there. Go to Happy Ending first, you can walk out of for 10 to 15 a meal, every where else is double that. Around the marina everything is .  over priced my friend did it fishing trip caught a Marlin, 4 Degauto first and a couple Mahe Mahe fish. Don't know if I spelled those right. It cost him 300 for 5 hours.

When my wife and I were dating we went to Cabo and stopped at an Italian restaurant near the marina.  Can't remember the name of the place but man it was good eats and the prices were decent (this was over 20 years ago....)  Did a fishing charter where we split the cost with another couple and seem to recall the prices were resonable (we didn't have a lot of disposable income).  Wasn't a huge operation but they did good with supplying lunches and drinks with a crew of two I think it was.  Found them at the marina.  These were the days before Tripadvisor.  Cabo Wabo was all the rage then....  

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

When i was in Cabo , one of my friends bought a 140.00 bottle of tequila, boy was that sipping material, very smooth.

Last December when I was in Cali there was a guy buying $80 shots of some high end version of Petron(?)  He tried to get me to do one with him...had to pass as I was working on my second Old Fashioned and not usually a good practice to blend Whiskey and Tequila.  

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

Thank you Grizz and Stinger.  We are staying near the marina, so that is awesome stuff!  Anyone else have some advice.  I'll take all I can get to make this trip safe and memorable.

As far as 'safety' goes there were two parts to Cabo (if memory serves). The resort section aka Cabo San Lucas then the actual village / town of Cabo where all the locals live.  You have to pass through Cabo to get to the San Lucas part.  I don't recall it being scary dangerous just not as tourist friendly.  I'd imagine in the last 20 years that's all changed a bit.  Stinger could speak to it better than me.  The marina and most of the beach area were all mostly part of the resort areas.  

Expense wise its like Californa prices unless you get away from the Marina area, other places in Mexico a lot cheaper if you stay away from tourist areas. I bought a long sleeve shirt, knocked it down to 20 (cool at night), then bought one as a souvern for someone and paid 13 for the shirt, always look around when buying things. 

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

As far as 'safety' goes there were two parts to Cabo (if memory serves). The resort section aka Cabo San Lucas then the actual village / town of Cabo where all the locals live.  You have to pass through Cabo to get to the San Lucas part.  I don't recall it being scary dangerous just not as tourist friendly.  I'd imagine in the last 20 years that's all changed a bit.  Stinger could speak to it better than me.  The marina and most of the beach area were all mostly part of the resort areas.  

We went to Rincon Puerto Rico last year.  We always felt safe, but the roads were treacherous.  Cantina life is great there.  Love PR...

6 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

We went to Rincon Puerto Rico last year.  We always felt safe, but the roads were treacherous.  Cantina life is great there.  Love PR...

Been to 27 countries but never been to PR, will have to plan a trip there, heard that from several people. Cabo is safe but Im not out at 2 in the morning by myself drunk. That may be a different animal.

Between Giggling Marlin and Happy Ending, a lot of bars with live music, good place to go. Cabo Wabo is on the first street away from the Marina behind those bars.