Ron Turner........To go or not to go........

Pixote

It doesn't matter who has been on offense this year. Turner has continually called the worst games I have ever seen.

The four main reasons why Turner needs to be fired

1) Last week I called over five plays in a row before the Bears ran them. If I can do it when watching each game once, the other teams can easily do it with the advantage of game film.

2) He continually calls a gutless game. How many times per game do the Bears test the opponents' defense with something beyond ten yards? Once, twice on a good day? This is absolutely essential to getting a little breathing room for a running game and OL that hasn't done well on their own.

3) He has no clue how to use the talent he has. Berrian, Hester, and Bradley are all incredibly fast. Wolfe is incredibly shifty (think Westbrook). And Olsen is too much for any single defensive player to match up with. So, how come Turner can't call plays to maximize their talents? Wolfe up the middle? Hester on bubble-screens and end-arounds almost exclusively? Berrian gets rare chances? Bradley barely sees the field? Olsen sees the field little more than Bradley? WTF?

4) He has no clue about adjustments. All too often this year, and last, the Bears' opponents have done something to stop the Bears' offense. Adjustments need to be made for success, and Turner refuses to make them. Period.

I could care less who the Bears get at OC. Just get someone who is held in somewhat high regard, is known as an offensive mind, and is widely held as someone who thinks outside the box a bit.

He doesnt appear to use the personnel to the best of their abilities and is way too predictable. He also never makes in game adjustments.

The understatement of the year...case in point...Garrett wolfe run up the gut against Minny's DT on our own 2 yard line...WTH is that!!!

If the Bears resign Grossman, is the best move really to bring in another OC and have him learn yet another system?

As Rex's biggest fan on this board, if bringing him back means Turner comes back than I'd rather have Griese start (and I think everyone here knows of my distaste of one Brian Griese).

If his job wasn't sealed already, the atrocious play calling tonight had to seal Turner's career in Chicago.

As Rex's biggest fan on this board, if bringing him back means Turner comes back than I'd rather have Griese start (and I think everyone here knows of my distaste of one Brian Griese).

If his job wasn't sealed already, the atrocious play calling tonight had to seal Turner's career in Chicago.

Id like a chance to nominate myself as Rex's biggest fan on the board.

I said Babich should go, not that he will go. I know Babich is going no where. He is Lovie's boy, and to fire Babich is to admit there is a problem w/ Lovie's system. Loview's ego will not allow that.

My point is Babich "should" go. While I personally hate the cover two, our problems on defense go beyond the system. Much of it is our in game playcalling on defense, where I feel we are simply getting out coached. So often we just happen to be in exactly the wrong alignment for what the offense runs. Or we just happen to blitz the corner when it is a quick screen to the WR that corner would otherwise cover. Once in a while is one thing, but too often we seem to be calling the exact opposite of what we need on that down.

Tackling is worse this year than ever. Discipline seems worse than ever. Gap assignment. I could easily go on, and these are coaching beyond scheme.

Babich has shown nothing IMHO. I have no problem ripping Lovie for much, but there is still plenty to blame on Babich.

Now again, Babich is going no where. But point wasn't what will happen, but what should.

The problem with the Bears is the organizational decisions to not spend money. You look at the various coordinators around the league that have head coaching experience. These guys may have failed but they have an experience level at preparing a team for games that Turner (I do not count the experience at U of I) and Babich do not . Smith also had no experience before this job. These coches seem to get lost during the game and are rather easily outcoached as they do not change their game plan at all.

Lovie is safe as they will not eat his contract nor will they pay for legitimate talent to mold the team. They need a new OL line coach and I am not sure what the QB coach did to get his job.

The stupid penalties and mistakes pointed out by the ESPN guys are further proof that this team is poorly run.

Both coordinators sit up in the booth and I am not certain that Lovie communicates with anyone on the sideline. I do find it odd that he is never seen talking to anyone and is always looking up at the scoreboard.

This organization continues to prove thaty are second rate.

Did you know that in two years Solider Field will be the smallest stadium in the league.

I said Babich should go, not that he will go. I know Babich is going no where. He is Lovie's boy, and to fire Babich is to admit there is a problem w/ Lovie's system. Loview's ego will not allow that.

My point is Babich "should" go. While I personally hate the cover two, our problems on defense go beyond the system. Much of it is our in game playcalling on defense, where I feel we are simply getting out coached. So often we just happen to be in exactly the wrong alignment for what the offense runs. Or we just happen to blitz the corner when it is a quick screen to the WR that corner would otherwise cover. Once in a while is one thing, but too often we seem to be calling the exact opposite of what we need on that down.

Tackling is worse this year than ever. Discipline seems worse than ever. Gap assignment. I could easily go on, and these are coaching beyond scheme.

Babich has shown nothing IMHO. I have no problem ripping Lovie for much, but there is still plenty to blame on Babich.

Now again, Babich is going no where. But point wasn't what will happen, but what should.

I agree on all points. HOWEVER, Babich's failures are minor compared to those of Turner. If Babich is Lake Michigan, Turner is the Pacific Ocean. Babich may be a failure, but Turner is a failure on monumental levels. Whereas Babich has had to deal with a ton of players being out, Turner has not had it as bad. Wheras Babich has played the right guys when the time came, and by contrast benched those deserving, Turner continues to this day to misuse talent, and to simply ignore the strengths of his players. If Turner were running the defense, he'd put Archuleta at DE because he's fast, Tommie Harris at LB because of his "blitzing" abilities, and both Mannings would be starting at safety...for no reason whatsoever.

Just a note I feel like throwing in here... we don't actually always just play cover 2. Actually, we play more cover 1 and cover 0 then we do cover 2. Cover 2 is pretty much our 3rd down defense.

Its amazing how much that percentage has changed from last year to this year. Last year the defense said they didnt play cover-2 hardly at all(around the 20 percent i quoted). Now they are totally going overboard with it, and look at the result: Top 10 defense to the 29th ranked defense.

Bob Babich, calling Bob Babich. Your escape vehicle is ready.