Super Bowl

jason

Shanahan choked again. That 2nd half was terrible. Outside of 2 or 3 passes, Purdy was Mr. Screen. I don't know if he had a completed pass over 20 air yards. Kittle was held to 2 passes and 4 yards. If SF doesn't have McCaffrey, this team feels like a 8 win team for some reason. Even with the other weapons. Ed's son had 22 carries and 8 receptions, led the team in touches and yards for both rushing and passing.

Shanahan is the new Shottenheimer. Has a great regular season record, wins some playoff games, but never wins the big one. 

If we learned anything, we need a QB that can finish games and score in the 4th quarter.

The Bears also need at least 2 more top tier playmakers on offense and 2 more top tier guys on defense. That would push some current guys down the depth chart, which improves the starter spot and the backup. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

If we learned anything, we need a QB that can finish games and score in the 4th quarter.

They asked Bruce Arians what he looks for in a QB, he said "someone who is good in the two minute and scores in the 4th quarter".

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

They asked Bruce Arians what he looks for in a QB, he said "someone who is good in the two minute and scores in the 4th quarter".

Well, that definitely would eliminate Fields for Bruce.

6 hours ago, adam said:

The Bears also need at least 2 more top tier playmakers on offense and 2 more top tier guys on defense. That would push some current guys down the depth chart, which improves the starter spot and the backup. 

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

amen

14 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Mahomes is an exceptional passer but if you look at the plays, it was hero ball plays that got him first downs on those 4 th downs. He can do both which is why he's so great.

That was not hero ball.  Designed runs, plain and simple.

9 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

That was not hero ball.  Designed runs, plain and simple

So as long as a play is called, players don't get credit for making great plays. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Every QB in the league would have made those plays, im just not paying attention.

33 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

So as long as a play is called, players don't get credit for making great plays. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Every QB in the league would have made those plays, im just not paying attention.

C'mon man.  You know hero ball is going off script to make a play.  Quit trying to change the narrative.  He was the hero for making the plays, but it was HERO ball.  Otherwise, Mecole Hardman was playing hero ball.  If you don't understand context, please don't argue it with those that do.

49 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

C'mon man.  You know hero ball is going off script to make a play.  Quit trying to change the narrative.  He was the hero for making the plays, but it was HERO ball.  Otherwise, Mecole Hardman was playing hero ball.  If you don't understand context, please don't argue it with those that do.

I understand the context now, im only supposed to say things you agree with. I like the way you say ( c'mon man) instead of I disagree. Can you give me the list of proper opinions to have on here. Apparently I have to have perfect English, perfect descriptions,  perfect opinions or people give me shit. Deal with it.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

exactly.

it's so fighty, and so much more concerned with being right than whats best for the team. and the techniques are so intellectually dishonest, slippoing the definitions of a word to try to fake a win. He knows the difference between those two uses of the word hero. he's just playing some game on here, I got really tired of it.

29 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I understand the context now, im only supposed to say things you agree with. I like the way you say ( c'mon man) instead of I disagree. Can you give me the list of proper opinions to have on here. Apparently I have to have perfect English, perfect descriptions,  perfect opinions or people give me shit. Deal with it.

Context is always key.  When you say, "so and so is the only option", you open yourself to scrutiny.  When you say, "I think or I believe" it is opinion.  You come off like what you say is how it will be.  There is the rub.  I'll never question your passion or knowledge. But, when you say MHJ is the only sure fire prospect, that's very very arguable.  Respect is what it is, but when you speak in absolutes, there is the fight...

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Context is always key.  When you say, "so and so is the only option", you open yourself to scrutiny.  When you say, "I think or I believe" it is opinion.  You come off like what you say is how it will be.  There is the rub.  I'll never question your passion or knowledge. But, when you say MHJ is the only sure fire prospect, that's very very arguable.  Respect is what it is, but when you speak in absolutes, there is the fight...

Time is the only thing that makes any statement true or false pertaining to their future.. I consider him to be the only generational player in the draft, that's not a reach. Of course there will be other good players  but the term generational suggests one of the all time greats .  There may be a few of them here , but at this point, haven't heard people  say that about anyone other than Williams and MHJ. I don't think Williams is that. I think Harrison is. 

F**k, did you see Kelce's chest bump HC Reid during the game, causing him to lose his balance and almost fall? He was screaming at him with his face inches away from his HC! What did Reid do? NOTHING! Talk about being laid back! Reid went up to him and told him he still loved him! Christ almighty, the next thing you know, he will be hugging the guy!

It's obvious Reid needs to be fired! Just because there are other HCs who were laid back, like Landry and Shula, inducted into the Hall of Fame doesn't mean Reid is a future first-ballot HoF inductee just because he is laid back!

What in the world is going on? 🤣 🤣 🤣

12 minutes ago, Pixote said:

F**k, did you see Kelce's chest bump HC Reid during the game, causing him to lose his balance and almost fall? He was screaming at him with his face inches away from his HC! What did Reid do? NOTHING! Talk about being laid back! Reid went up to him and told him he still loved him! Christ almighty, the next thing you know, he will be hugging the guy!

It's obvious Reid needs to be fired! Just because there are other HCs who were laid back, like Landry and Shula, inducted into the Hall of Fame doesn't mean Reid is a future first-ballot HoF inductee just because he is laid back!

What in the world is going on? 🤣 🤣 🤣

I saw that and it sure didn’t look good to me, but then who cares what I think?  If Andy Reid is ok with it, then that’s the end of the story for me.  On NFL UK on Facebook, the number of rants about that and other idiocy, such as Taylor Swift and the halftime show, is shocking to me.  Who cares?

On 2/12/2024 at 5:21 AM, adam said:

Shanahan choked again. That 2nd half was terrible. Outside of 2 or 3 passes, Purdy was Mr. Screen. I don't know if he had a completed pass over 20 air yards. Kittle was held to 2 passes and 4 yards. If SF doesn't have McCaffrey, this team feels like a 8 win team for some reason. Even with the other weapons. Ed's son had 22 carries and 8 receptions, led the team in touches and yards for both rushing and passing.

Shanahan is the new Shottenheimer. Has a great regular season record, wins some playoff games, but never wins the big one. 

Shanahan got ultra conservative in the second half. He was calling the game not to lose.  It's not like they were up by a lot, the Chiefs are not a team you can get a small lead on and just coast.

The decision to take the ball to start overtime was a big mistake.   With the overtime rules the way they are I would much rather put my defense out there, and see you get a stop, then all you need is a FG, or if they get a FG you know a TD wins it, and if they get a TD you know you need to score a TD to keep the game going.  By taking the ball and having to settle for a FG you just set the Chiefs and Mahomes up to tie or win the game, and that's not a position I'd like to be in where now you have to hold Mahomes out of the end zone for even a shot at winning.  

Heard somewhere that the 49er's are claiming they didn't know the overtime rules.  Which is dumb it was literally explained to them, and even if the rules hadn't changed the scenario that played out would still net the same result.  

47 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

Shanahan got ultra conservative in the second half. He was calling the game not to lose.  It's not like they were up by a lot, the Chiefs are not a team you can get a small lead on and just coast.

The decision to take the ball to start overtime was a big mistake.   With the overtime rules the way they are I would much rather put my defense out there, and see you get a stop, then all you need is a FG, or if they get a FG you know a TD wins it, and if they get a TD you know you need to score a TD to keep the game going.  By taking the ball and having to settle for a FG you just set the Chiefs and Mahomes up to tie or win the game, and that's not a position I'd like to be in where now you have to hold Mahomes out of the end zone for even a shot at winning.  

Heard somewhere that the 49er's are claiming they didn't know the overtime rules.  Which is dumb it was literally explained to them, and even if the rules hadn't changed the scenario that played out would still net the same result.  

Yeah, Shanahan dorked up the OT coin flip. It all comes down to the odds.

If you get the ball first, you have a 0% chance to win on your drive. However, if you defer, there is basically a 33% chance the other team will score a TD, 33% chance they kick a FG, and a 33% chance they don't score. So unless they go for 2 and get 8 pts, you technically have a chance to win on your first offensive drive regardless of what the other team did. 

So a few things.

First off it's great when coaches hug players. In my view it's the GM that should have more distance from the players. If youre gonna mock me, at least mock what I've actually said. It was about the GM.

Secondly, Kelce was showing emotion. That is GREAT. It's competitive. It's what I think Eberflus is lacking, So again, if you're gonna mock me, at least try to understand what I've said. I LOVE when players and coaches yell and hug. And they dont have to yell to motivate either. But I am sure Andy Reid is not laid back during halftime when they're down.

Andy Reid is MUCH more alpha than Matt Eberflus is. So were Landry and Shula. If you ask their players for the first thing that pops into their head about those giants, it wouldn't have been "laid back"

And third, if you're gonna mock me, then please spare us the "I hate all the fighting" crap. If you want more nastiness, then by all means continue and provide it, but if not, then why do it? There are many ways to say something without the sarcasm.

Seriously though, why so mad at me? If Eberflus needs his feelings protected from me by you, how fragile is he?

I was trying to have some fun. Green for sarcasm. Emojis showing laughter.

If that upsets you, I apologize. I wasn't mocking you!

You take everything so damn seriously. Lighten up! You never used to be this way.

For the past two decades, I enjoyed our light-hearted exchanges. 

Now, I find it impossible to post anything without upsetting you.

39 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I was trying to have some fun. Green for sarcasm. Emojis showing laughter.

If that upsets you, I apologize. I wasn't mocking you!

You take everything so damn seriously. Lighten up! You never used to be this way.

For the past two decades, I enjoyed our light-hearted exchanges. 

Now, I find it impossible to post anything without upsetting you.

Well since I straightened Stinger out, youve been pretty much sniping at me. I get that you didnt like it, probably didnt understand it, since no one really noticed it until I made it noticeable so that he had to stop. But since then, the only negative things Ive said are - let's not fight and be respectful. And that isn't really fighting.

You really should either forgive me in your own mind, and move on with mutual respect, or keep being sarcastic and stuff and then dont be surprised if I say "dude, why the hate?"

But what you cant honestly do is keep coming at me and then pretending I'm overreacting. That game is finished, cuz im not mad, Im not using bad words, and Im not even returning sarcasm to you.

But pretending that Im so fragile and upsettable, and youre just being fun, when literally a couple days ago you were leaving the site because Im so fighty, and then posting this? Well, the term gaslighting comes to mind. You dont have to like me, but you cant keep sniping and pretend youre not.

I mean, I even wrote you a really nice and respectful letter a month ago to try to resolve this, and you read it, but didnt answer.

And youre right, Ive always liked you too. So can we let the Stinger crap go? Let's just be cool and not personal. Is that ok?