USC pro day

50england50

I’m in the UK, and cannot find anywhere to watch William’s work out, other than it’s being shown later on NFL Network. 

Is anyone seen the work out?

Is there any chance that Rice is available in the 3rd round and would anyone take him. If he’s 70% of, Jerry, he must be work taking. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 50england50 said:

I’m in the UK, and cannot find anywhere to watch William’s work out, other than it’s being shown later on NFL Network. 

Is anyone seen the work out?

Is there any chance that Rice is available in the 3rd round and would anyone take him. If he’s 70% of, Jerry, he must be work taking. 

I'll admit, the kid has grown on me...if only a little.  Obviously he's been working on his public image and outward projection.  I give him A's across the board in accessibility, "active" listening and answering and keeping the cliche's to a minimum.  It looks like he can handle the press/media masses ... in "78 degree weather" in the confines of his home court.  I'll be curious to hear how the individual workout goes when (if) it comes round.  Remember the one they put Wright through last year that sealed the deal on him being picked #1 by the Bears?  

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/grueling-workout-convinced-bears-wright-was-the-one-draft-2023

Unless the Bears have an offer they cannot resist I think we’re drafting Caleb Williams. It was interesting to hear that Caleb and Keenan Allen know each other, and Keenan was there today. 

I wonder if Poles traded for Keenan for icing on the cake, to let Caleb know we’re all in and welcome a Chicago. 

Yeah Poles hugged Fields. I said GMs should keep some distance so they do whats best for the team, even if it isnt best for the player.

Poles reportedly traded Fields for less than he could have gotten to be nice to Fields.

At least he was in control of himself enough not to KEEP Fields.

Hugging a guy when you're bringing him on board, or winning a superbowl is very different than hugging him in the locker room 3 months before youre gonna trade him.

Funny you guys say Im a hater, but you dont ever see me doing stuff like you and Pix do. Funny that. Maybe I oughtta just do the same, I cant imagine how the heads would explode.

So what do we want to do, keep the discussion to the Bears, or go after each other? I mean I just want to play too. Which do you prefer?

I believe it will be on NFL Network (if you have it) later today. There is a ton of it on social media. All around impressive. He wasn't nervous, seemed really loose, was having fun. 

Again unless something comes up from his camp about a hold out or something weird like that, it is hard for me to see the Bears taking anyone else at #1. It will be interesting to see what they do for the LSU and NC Pro Days coming up. 

19 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah Poles hugged Fields. I said GMs should keep some distance so they do whats best for the team, even if it isnt best for the player.

Poles reportedly traded Fields for less than he could have gotten to be nice to Fields.

Hugging a guy when you're bringing him on board, or winning a superbowl is very different than hugging him in the locker room 3 months before youre gonna trade him.

Funny you guys say Im a hater, but you dont ever see me doing stuff like you and Pix do. Funny that. Maybe I oughtta just do the same, I cant imagine how the heads would explode.

So what do we want to do, keep the discussion to the Bears, or go after each other? I mean I just want to play too. Which do you prefer?

Hugging someone is just a human response to an emotional moment. I don't think it makes any other kind of statement. I say things all the time you make light of, and I avoid turning it into a talking point. Why you so touchy about everything? 

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

LETS GO - continue to become more and more enamored.  

He appears to be a better passer than Fields.  No pressure, etc.  So who knows.  But we’re past that now and all we can do is move on and hope for the best!

5 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

I wish you would just drop the nonsense.  

thanks so VERY much for your input! I just want to be cool like everyone else.

Love YOUR nonsense too!  :)

Thanks VERY much for this fun interaction!

This post brought to you by double standards ;)

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Well for what it's worth, this is Bears talk and I didn't really direct my comment to anyone, only to suggest it could have been interpreted a few ways.

One of which involves, as you suggest, a false impression of positive vibes to the unsuspecting recipient.  Like you said with Fields...it may have been cold-blooded and calculated (probably not).  But what's to say it wasn't for Caleb too? 

Or simply Poles was caught up in the moment and as an athlete himself, felt the need to give a hug as to say 'nice work man'.  This was the point I was making earlier when Poles was seen doing it before with Justin.  I was wrong....as it turns out...that I was sure they'd be keeping Fields partly because of that gesture. He fooled me.  

15 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Well for what it's worth, this is Bears talk and I didn't really direct my comment to anyone, only to suggest it could have been interpreted a few ways.

One of which involves, as you suggest, a false impression of positive vibes to the unsuspecting recipient.  Like you said with Fields...it may have been cold-blooded and calculated (probably not).  But what's to say it wasn't for Caleb too? 

Or simply Poles was caught up in the moment and as an athlete himself, felt the need to give a hug as to say 'nice work man'.  This was the point I was making earlier when Poles was seen doing it before with Justin.  I was wrong....as it turns out...that I was sure they'd be keeping Fields partly because of that gesture. He fooled me.  

And all I sad at the time was that I think a GM should have a little more distance from the players, and with Poles being young and a former player, i was hoping he wasn't getting too sucked into wanting to be liked by the players, because that can be a kind of a conflict of interest.

Then what followed was weeks of people bashing me for that comment.

Just like there were months of bashing me because i was early to see that Justin wasn't going to get fixed. I posted film, I took the time to draw out what I was seeing. All to show why I was saying it, that it wasnt hating.

And the funny thing is, that regardless of the personal nature of those weeks and months of crap, both my initial comments were about Bears players, not anyone here.

That's what still astounds me. But like I said, I will just follow the speed of traffic. If we want to be put-downy and sarcastic, I'm all for it - it's fun. Just why does everyone get so weird when i join in? If you guys knew me in real life, you'd never expect be to be anyone's sub. So if that's the role you guys need for me here, you're gonna be disappointed.

That's all.

Talk nice, I'm nice, Play a little rough, which is cool, then me too. That's all pretty simple.

Remember, my career was in the record biz in NYC for decades. It wasn't all please and thank you I promise you. I can play sarcastic and all that - it's a natural New Yorker skill. It's just that I grew up in the midwest, and I left NYC for Az because people are less meatheads here. I like that. I like having neighbors that go to church, served in the army or are in bike gangs. Everyone here has some kind of politeness or mutual respect. I dig that. The way Men should treat other Men. Just got tired of it in NYC, but I was never seen as the loser or the cuck in my real life. So I think it's funny that people misread my ability to write as some kind of weakness LOL

Anyway, I just respond in kind. If we talk Bears, I'm good. I don't need to start any of that crap - I've already started and finished a lifetime of it in the NYC dirty world of the record business. Some absolutely rough people there. But I was always respected and a leader. It was fun.

3 hours ago, 50england50 said:

Since I'm back catching up on some other things, I had forgotten to respond to this question.  FWIW I would hope they would indeed get a player like Rice. There is something to be said for genetics and similar to how MHJ has a lot of his dad's 'traits' I would assume so would Rice.  If for nothing else, growing up they have a better understanding what it takes to succeed at that level.  

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Since I'm back catching up on some other things, I had forgotten to respond to this question.  FWIW I would hope they would indeed get a player like Rice. There is something to be said for genetics and similar to how MHJ has a lot of his dad's 'traits' I would assume so would Rice.  If for nothing else, growing up they have a better understanding what it takes to succeed at that level.  

McCaffrey's brother and McConkey also fit that mold. Both WRs that could be available when the Bears select, especially if there is a trade down.

I liked what was said earlier about maybe trading down to #11 or whatever to pick up the other LSU WR. You could make a case for doing that for JPJ too I guess, but id like to see us get a real WR to learn under Allen. OT and DL is on the block at 9 too if the right guys fall?