Would you?

Connorbear

14 hours ago, jason said:

No. The Bears can go without a 1st round WR with other holes to fill and a draft deep in WRs.

Its the thing that gets me - I do like the top 3 wideouts - but I also think there is a good chance one of the other talented wideouts is as good if not better. Now odds are solid that the other 3 have lower floors, etc.  But you can find premiere wideouts later in 1st round and into 2nd and 3rd round, especially if you pair them with a good QB.  I don't feel the same way with stud LT's....I feel like 9 times out of 10, a stud LT was a Top 10 / 15 pick.  

If you pick at 9 you should come away with a blue chip player at a premium position.   These days with colleges running so many wide open offenses it’s not hard to find a good WR outside the top 15.   If you really want a WR at 9 you should just trade down maybe way down to late first.   Otherwise the drop off at the premium positions OT DE QB is rapid.  

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

If you pick at 9 you should come away with a blue chip player at a premium position.   These days with colleges running so many wide open offenses it’s not hard to find a good WR outside the top 15.   If you really want a WR at 9 you should just trade down maybe way down to late first.   Otherwise the drop off at the premium positions OT DE QB is rapid.  

Seems like the most logical move. We brought in many players that are in the second round range that tells me he will trade back to get a pick there. Everyone wants a blue chip, he knows if those players are probable at a lower pick.

22 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Seems like the most logical move. We brought in many players that are in the second round range that tells me he will trade back to get a pick there. Everyone wants a blue chip, he knows if those players are probable at a lower pick.

I would say he’s keeping his options open.  First see who is still on the board at 9 then compare against any offers you get.  

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I would say he’s keeping his options open.  First see who is still on the board at 9 then compare against any offers you get.  

Yup.  If there is not a clear blue chip at nine, that he can't get at twenty, why not trade back and get two for one?  Poles has put us in a great position.  Not only has he exceeded my expectations, I have complete trust in him.

12 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Yup.  If there is not a clear blue chip at nine, that he can't get at twenty, why not trade back and get two for one?  Poles has put us in a great position.  Not only has he exceeded my expectations, I have complete trust in him.

Me to. Unless JJ McCarthy is on the board, I can't see anyone giving us a great trade back scenario . Maybe Rome or Bowers would blow somebody's shirt up but just to get back a third and low round future wouldn't do it for me. Seen one mock where we got pick 23 and 27 for 9 . Depending on who's on the board , maybe a Chop Robinson and JPJ would make that worth it. Then a WR and BPA with the last two picks?

2 hours ago, lemonej said:

I truly believe that we will not know what is going t change the draft until the 3rd pick is made.

yeah those QB slots are not set in stone at all. Could be a lot of things that happen. Could be the QBs we expect are picked in the order we expect by completely surprising teams trading up to 2 and 3, or could be a total shock.

I just hope more QBs go before 9 to help our choices.

On 4/22/2024 at 11:46 AM, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Its the thing that gets me - I do like the top 3 wideouts - but I also think there is a good chance one of the other talented wideouts is as good if not better. Now odds are solid that the other 3 have lower floors, etc.  But you can find premiere wideouts later in 1st round and into 2nd and 3rd round, especially if you pair them with a good QB.  I don't feel the same way with stud LT's....I feel like 9 times out of 10, a stud LT was a Top 10 / 15 pick.  

1000%.  

Besides, I'd rather do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING to make Caleb Williams happy and comfortable. I think he'd much rather see OL at #9, and his security blanket Brenden Rice in the 3rd.

20240424_171519.jpg

1 hour ago, jason said:

1000%.  

Besides, I'd rather do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING to make Caleb Williams happy and comfortable. I think he'd much rather see OL at #9, and his security blanket Brenden Rice in the 3rd.

I just screenshot this off the TV.  It supports the OL principle that we like.  Top need, center 92% success rate.  Sign me up for a trade down and Graham Barton for the win!

31 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

20240424_171519.jpg

I just screenshot this off the TV.  It supports the OL principle that we like.  Top need, center 92% success rate.  Sign me up for a trade down and Graham Barton for the win!

Is the above like the last X years worth of 1RP and who hit vs. who didn't by position?  

16 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Is the above like the last X years worth of 1RP and who hit vs. who didn't by position?  

So are those first round picks? What context did they use? Bust is easy to figure out but if we pick a WR at 9 , if he starts for most of his career or has to be the star because of his pick status?