Miller choosing between Bucs & Bears

Connorbear

How do we plan on using Miller? Are we going to sign him, make him our starting RT, move Tait back to LT, and move St. Clair to LG? Or do we plan on making him a back-up?

Would he start in Tampa Bay?

IMO if Tampa Bay is offering more money, I think he'll go there. This might be the last NFL contract he ever signs. It's easy for us to say, "It was only $200,000 more . . . " but damn I'd love to see that much right now.

I am taking from what I am reading he would be brought in as a backup. League minimum is about right for a backup. I would like the move on the Bears part at that price. Maybe give him a small bonus to sign or an incentive to offset what the Bucs are offering, but nothing big time.

GO BUCKS!

Man, I'll take Barton over Miller. Sorry, but Miller was simply awful last year. He wasn't just bad on a play here and there, like Tait at LT, but freaking awful on Metcalf tier.

We have young RTs who we may not be thrilled are our primary backups, but (a) I am not sure they are actually worse than Miller and (B) they at least have upside, while Miller has been going downhill for years now.

I am taking from what I am reading he would be brought in as a backup. League minimum is about right for a backup. I would like the move on the Bears part at that price. Maybe give him a small bonus to sign or an incentive to offset what the Bucs are offering, but nothing big time.

Thanks for that Pix. Let me riddle your brain for one more question: If Miller is the back-up RT, what happens when Chris Williams returns? (and at this point, everything indicates he'll be back by mid-season.)

Does Beekman get demoted for St. Clair? (Although I'm not convinced Beekman is the answer).

I ask this, because Fred Miller has to be wondering the same thing. Does he get cut? If that's the case, why wouldn't he sign with Tampa Bay?

I guess I'm still wondering what Ruben Brown is doing right now.

Great. Not only do you spam, you now use racist spam.

It was sarcasm. Jesus christ, calm down man.

I spam? LOL. People who've been here since December have alot more posts than me.

I average like 0.6 posts a day. K, i'm done.

Back on topic.

Mind if I jump in?

One, I would say if Miller is looking for a paycheck, then getting cut midseason means little, as he still gets his guaranteed money.

Two. He may not be as confident as you that Williams will be back midseason, and even if he is, ready to simply take over for St. Clair.

Three. He may see a greater opportunity to start. He may think that if St. Clair can't cut it at LT, we might (despite comments) move Tait back and then insert Miller.

In the end, I think there are too many "what ifs" attached. Even if, and it is an if, Williams is back midseason, there is no guarantee he would start at LT. St. Clair may be doing well. The team may be doing well and not want to mess w/ chemistry. Williams may be 100%, but not look ready to start regardless. And as for automatically inserting St. Clair at LG, that assumes Beekman stinks and/or Metcalf (though I admit this is a good assumption).

All in all, while I understand your question, I think it is based off many "what ifs" of assumptions Miller may not see as likely as you.

Thanks for that Pix. Let me riddle your brain for one more question: If Miller is the back-up RT, what happens when Chris Williams returns? (and at this point, everything indicates he'll be back by mid-season.)

Does Beekman get demoted for St. Clair? (Although I'm not convinced Beekman is the answer).

I ask this, because Fred Miller has to be wondering the same thing. Does he get cut? If that's the case, why wouldn't he sign with Tampa Bay?

I guess I'm still wondering what Ruben Brown is doing right now.

Mind if I jump in?

One, I would say if Miller is looking for a paycheck, then getting cut midseason means little, as he still gets his guaranteed money.

Two. He may not be as confident as you that Williams will be back midseason, and even if he is, ready to simply take over for St. Clair.

Three. He may see a greater opportunity to start. He may think that if St. Clair can't cut it at LT, we might (despite comments) move Tait back and then insert Miller.

In the end, I think there are too many "what ifs" attached. Even if, and it is an if, Williams is back midseason, there is no guarantee he would start at LT. St. Clair may be doing well. The team may be doing well and not want to mess w/ chemistry. Williams may be 100%, but not look ready to start regardless. And as for automatically inserting St. Clair at LG, that assumes Beekman stinks and/or Metcalf (though I admit this is a good assumption).

All in all, while I understand your question, I think it is based off many "what ifs" of assumptions Miller may not see as likely as you.

Miller has business connections in Chicago. This may play into his decision.

Peace :dabears

name='nfoligno' date='Aug 26 2008, 10:49 PM' post='45132']

Did you ever read that Miller was injured though? I read Brown was playing w/ one arm. I read Tait was playing through some sort of injury. I don't recall ever reading Miller was injured. He simply seemed a couple years to late in retirment.

I think Miller had bone chips in his ankle. Please don't quote me on that.

Did you ever read that Miller was injured though? I read Brown was playing w/ one arm. I read Tait was playing through some sort of injury. I don't recall ever reading Miller was injured. He simply seemed a couple years to late in retirment.

It was often mentioned last year he was playing with injuries, just like most of our OL was. A quote from one of the articles on the possibility of resigning Miller:

Miller started 46 games the last three seasons for the Bears. He missed just one game last season despite being hobbled by ankle and knee injuries. He’s missed only two games in the last seven seasons. The Bears released him instead of paying him a $500,000 roster bonus on March 4. He was due to earn $4 million in base pay this season.

I dont think that was meant to be racist. I think you could have inserted McDonalds/Burger King to get his point.

Exactly right DB.

It seems as if nerves are raw and everyone is on edge. I am seeing a lot of finger pointing, name calling, posters calling each other out, etc... We all need to just relax and keep everything in proper perspective.

You think our CIA-like info department would shell out the real info to the public?