Bears agree to terms with Tinoisamoa

defiantgiant

That is very cool!

This looks to be our fastest LB crew of recent! Maybe even rivaling some of our best ever! (OK, I'll put the kool-aid down...)

from PFT:

Bears Haul In Tinoisamoa

Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 29, 2009, 5:34 p.m.

The Chicago Bears reached an agreement on a one-year contract today with veteran free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times.

The transaction reunites the former St. Louis Rams starter with Bears coach Lovie Smith and linebackers coach Bob Babich, who previously coached Tinoisamoa in St. Louis.

Tinoisamoa reportedly chose the Bears over the Buffalo Bills. He also visited the New England Patriots, but they signed Paris Lenon this week.

Per the report, Tinoisamoa is projected to play on first and second downs for the Bears.

A former second-round draft pick from the University of Hawaii, Tinoisamoa led the Rams in tackles during four of his six NFL seasons.

The Sun-Times reports that the Bears have agreed to terms with former St. Louis linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa. Looks like Jerry got it done again: this offseason has been pretty great.

It's because of this offseason that makes me think JA's job is safe no matter what. An f'n incredible offseason by JA.

As mad stated, this is gonna be our fastest LB corp yet. A lot of speed and a lot of coverage ability.

It's because of this offseason that makes me think JA's job is safe no matter what. An f'n incredible offseason by JA.

As mad stated, this is gonna be our fastest LB corp yet. A lot of speed and a lot of coverage ability.

Yeah, after the holding pattern our coaching staff and front office have been in for the past several years, it's really refreshing to see them acknowledge the problem areas on the roster, then do whatever is necessary to get them fixed. Really, I couldn't be happier with how Angelo's conducted this offseason.

JA sure does deserve a ton of credit this off-season!

Why would getting Boldin now not even come as a shock!?

Even if we didnt get Cutler, this could very well be the best off season we have ever had. Filled needs, changed the coaching staff, and finally got back from the last two ego driven years where the powers that be were full of themselfs. Two average seasons brought us back to earth and are headed in a great direction towards a Superbowl.

To be honest, I'm happy with this offseason even without Boldin. Remember that Boldin's turning 29 this season - he might only have a couple of good years left.

With the exception of Orlando Pace, basically all the signings this offseason have not only made the team better, they've made the team younger. Kevin Shaffer is 29, replacing St. Clair who was 31. Tinoisamoa is a year younger than Hillenmeyer, Omiyale is five years younger than Terrence Metcalf, Josh Bullocks is five years younger than Mike Brown. Chris Williams is a whopping 11 years younger than John Tait. Bennett and Iglesias are a decade younger than Marty Booker. Hell, Cutler is even younger than Orton, if only by six months. All of a sudden the Bears aren't an aging team with the window closing any more. We've got some very young, very promising players to develop.

Boldin would be nice, but how many great seasons does he have left? Sure, he'd be good for maybe 2 or 3 years, but he'd slow down the development of our young receivers. If it were up to me, I'd rather go through a season of growing pains at wideout in 2009, then have a solid receiving corps from 2010 onward.

The Sun-Times reports that the Bears have agreed to terms with former St. Louis linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa. Looks like Jerry got it done again: this offseason has been pretty great.

Man that is great news. He was signed to a 1 year contract but if he works out like I think he will look for JA to rework his contract during the season. Our defense is going to be awesome!

Hopefully, they call learn from their errors and continue to build this team rather than resting on laurels...

Even if we didnt get Cutler, this could very well be the best off season we have ever had. Filled needs, changed the coaching staff, and finally got back from the last two ego driven years where the powers that be were full of themselfs. Two average seasons brought us back to earth and are headed in a great direction towards a Superbowl.

You and me both!

I'm just kind of so surprised and happy, than I feel like nothing would surprise me now!

To be honest, I'm happy with this offseason even without Boldin. Remember that Boldin's turning 29 this season - he might only have a couple of good years left.

With the exception of Orlando Pace, basically all the signings this offseason have not only made the team better, they've made the team younger. Kevin Shaffer is 29, replacing St. Clair who was 31. Tinoisamoa is a year younger than Hillenmeyer, Omiyale is five years younger than Terrence Metcalf, Josh Bullocks is five years younger than Mike Brown. Chris Williams is a whopping 11 years younger than John Tait. Bennett and Iglesias are a decade younger than Marty Booker. Hell, Cutler is even younger than Orton, if only by six months. All of a sudden the Bears aren't an aging team with the window closing any more. We've got some very young, very promising players to develop.

Boldin would be nice, but how many great seasons does he have left? Sure, he'd be good for maybe 2 or 3 years, but he'd slow down the development of our young receivers. If it were up to me, I'd rather go through a season of growing pains at wideout in 2009, then have a solid receiving corps from 2010 onward.

Agreed. I honestly think is the the best LB crew we've had since Urlacher joined us... I'm looking forward to see the gamage they'll create!

Now, we just need to make sure we get that pass rush/run stopping form the D Line!

Man that is great news. He was signed to a 1 year contract but if he works out like I think he will look for JA to rework his contract during the season. Our defense is going to be awesome!

JA batting .1000 this offseason. The only way it could get better would be to somehow get Boldin but I doubt that will happen.

Peace :dabears

And you can add to that that he did give the Cards an offer for Boldin on draft day, but it didn't pan out. Yeah, I like what JA has done this offseason. Now it's getting time for the coaches and players to complete the picture.

TC is going to be interesting this season.

JA batting .1000 this offseason. The only way it could get better would be to somehow get Boldin but I doubt that will happen.

Peace :dabears

He's only batting .100? I thought it was more like 1.000? Just busting your balls a bit. I think we all know what you meant. But yes, he's definitley having an unreal offseason. I can't wait for the season to get underway.

BTW- can we refer to this guy as Tino or PT so we all don't have to write his name out all the time? Just like can we all refer to Iglesias as JI?

I think almost everyone will refer to him as Pisa. Not a lot of Pisa's out there to confuse him with.

I agree by just using Pisa. I am wondering though with the wonderful off season that we have had so far if its maybe a pre cursor to try and still get something done with Boldin. I am wondering because we have alot of very talented LB's which Arizona could use. I know we don't have a 1st rounder anymore but what about a couple of draft picks and a player or 2. Maybe Hunter? I don't know, just throwing it out there.

I agree by just using Pisa. I am wondering though with the wonderful off season that we have had so far if its maybe a pre cursor to try and still get something done with Boldin. I am wondering because we have alot of very talented LB's which Arizona could use. I know we don't have a 1st rounder anymore but what about a couple of draft picks and a player or 2. Maybe Hunter? I don't know, just throwing it out there.

I think the Boldin issue is dead. I think the ace in the hole is Burress. We will get to look at our team, and by the time Plax finds out his punishment, if he says has 8 to 12 games to play, we go out and grab him, to finish our Offensive upgrade. Otherwise, there will be some cuts that could give us a pleasant surprize, just dont know that move yet.

I think the Cards are intent on keeping Boldin. They might re-sign him to a new deal if they can reach reasonable terms but if not he'll stay and they'll pay him his $5mil/yr and then renegotiate the new deal next year. Remember Boldin still has at least two years left on his contract so he really has no leverage.

I think the Cards are intent on keeping Boldin. They might re-sign him to a new deal if they can reach reasonable terms but if not he'll stay and they'll pay him his $5mil/yr and then renegotiate the new deal next year. Remember Boldin still has at least two years left on his contract so he really has no leverage.

Thats the unfortunate thing for us is that its not up to Boldin really.

I think the Boldin issue is dead. I think the ace in the hole is Burress. We will get to look at our team, and by the time Plax finds out his punishment, if he says has 8 to 12 games to play, we go out and grab him, to finish our Offensive upgrade. Otherwise, there will be some cuts that could give us a pleasant surprize, just dont know that move yet.

Plax's charge carries mandatory time if he's convicted, and it's not like he can claim he didn't have the gun. A bar full of people saw what happened, and the hole in his leg is pretty incontrovertible evidence. On top of that, he's refused to take a plea deal. That dude is going to jail, no two way about it. If he finally wises up and takes a plea (the last one offered to him was three months' time and 1500 hours of community service) then maybe he'll be out sometime during the 2009 season. If he keeps on the way he has been, though, he'll be looking at several years. Either way, he's going to be in jail behind this charge. I don't think he's an option for the Bears.

Pisa Yes ,Boldin and Plaxico no. Why?

Look at what Boldin is doing right now after basically being the second receiver on a Super Bowl team. Is this what we want in our lockerroom? Talent alone is one thing but there seems to be an underlying theme to some of Drew Rosehaus' clients current and former. Lance Briggs, Thomas Jones and Tommie Harris all have Drew as their front man and look how all three have acted recently. Briggs with his threatening not ot attend the OTA last season is very similar to Thomas Jones with the Jets this year and Thomas Jones in his last season with the Bears. TO and all his antics and Drew represents him. One of the quietest clients of Drew is Wale and prior to coming to the Bears he and Drew orchestrated a hold out, a trade and contract extension.

As for Pisa he seems to be exactly what we need at SAM and now you can make Roach and Hilly fight for a roster spot unless Pisa plays like the last guy that we thought was a perfect fit for Lovies scheme and that was Archuleta.