FF

DrunkBomber

As of now its looking like 3 leagues. 2 free and one $20. Im thinking one free league with scoring like last year and one regular flex and we can vote on rules for pay league. Anyone interested let me know what leagues you want in. Pay leaguers, let me know if anyone is up for a $100 league as well.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now its looking like 3 leagues. 2 free and one $20. Im thinking one free league with scoring like last year and one regular flex and we can vote on rules for pay league. Anyone interested let me know what leagues you want in. Pay leaguers, let me know if anyone is up for a $100 league as well.

Sign me up for the $20 league. I'm at bradjock@yahoo.com

Give me 2 paid slots please. One for me and one for a friend, bears fan, who was in a Bearstalk league w/ us last year too.

If there are not 2 open slots, then we will both take the freebies, but would rather get in on the paid action. I would really enjoy taking some of bradjockstraps money :-)

Give me 2 paid slots please. One for me and one for a friend, bears fan, who was in a Bearstalk league w/ us last year too.

If there are not 2 open slots, then we will both take the freebies, but would rather get in on the paid action. I would really enjoy taking some of bradjockstraps money :-)

Jockstrap??? Wow that's weak NFO. I haven't been called that since 3rd grade. You could at least go for something better like Jock-itch, Jock-less, or jock-ass.

I've been on money leagues not associated with this site, and they are not nearly as ruthless as the FREE leagues associated with this site. Apparently, most people have better things to do then obsess about FF, but we at talkbears.com do not. So bring it!!!

On a side note, 2 years ago I won $250.00 in a money league . . . when it was all said and done I figured I made $1.00 per hour with time invested. Some would say that's a waste . . . I would say that's one helluva an investment!

Jockstrap??? Wow that's weak NFO. I haven't been called that since 3rd grade. You could at least go for something better like Jock-itch, Jock-less, or jock-ass.

I've been on money leagues not associated with this site, and they are not nearly as ruthless as the FREE leagues associated with this site. Apparently, most people have better things to do then obsess about FF, but we at talkbears.com do not. So bring it!!!

On a side note, 2 years ago I won $250.00 in a money league . . . when it was all said and done I figured I made $1.00 per hour with time invested. Some would say that's a waste . . . I would say that's one helluva an investment!

FF is fun because I can pretend Im smart, but the side kick is the back talk, it makes things interesting.

FF makes you a better football fan because you have to know about all the times instead of just yours. At least thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Not only do you know about all the TIMES, but you learn a lot about other teams also, LOL.

Hey, assuming we are in the same league, I didn't want to come out firing too big. I figured I would start out w/ a jockstrap comment, and work my way up to jock-ass :)

I have played both types of leagues too. To me, the best is a live money league w/ an in-person live draft. I have won as much as $1,200, and lost as much (over an entire season) as $650. That was before the kids started getting so expensive though, and I had to shift to more moderately priced leagues.

I agree w/ your sentiment though. Whether free or pay, any league w/ fellow posters (bears/football adicts) is going to be a good one.

Not only do you know about all the TIMES, but you learn a lot about other teams also, LOL.

What I love about it is that it makes games meaningful. I remember last season it was New England vs. Denver on MNF. I couldn't have gave a damn less, except I was tied with someone, and he had Cutler & I had Moss. Moss scores 3 TD's and Cutler breaks his hand. I'm jumping up and down hooting and hollering. Awesome.

Hey guys - Can we get these leagues setup and scoring established? I'd like to start setting up my positional rankings during the dead time of the year instead of waiting until TC is in full swing.

Agreed with setting it up early. Although I wouldn't want to have the actual draft until after the 3rd pre-season game. I'd love to draft Tom Brady and have him re-injure his knee before the season starts.

Ok, Ill set up draft times. Basically what were looking at though is one $20 pay league where we will vote on rosters and scoring and two free leagues (sp far) one with scoring like Pix's leagues last year and one more traditional flex league.

Great! email me an invite for the free flex league and I can get started on my player rankings.

lloydt56@yahoo.com

Great! email me an invite for the free flex league and I can get started on my player rankings.

lloydt56@yahoo.com

OK.

Also, can everyone give me an idea of what times they might be able to work around. I think Sunday nights are normally good or maybe a week night. I think Saturdays are bad and obviously word days during the day wont work.

OK.

Also, can everyone give me an idea of what times they might be able to work around. I think Sunday nights are normally good or maybe a week night. I think Saturdays are bad and obviously word days during the day wont work.

Yeah - I'd suggest a Sunday evening time slot would work well for most. I really won't have a clue on my detailed schedule until far closer to the time it happens. But that's why I want to get my player rankings all lined up early - in case something comes up last minute and I get autodrafted.

OK.

Sunday August 30th would be good. I'd prefer it on a Saturday or Sunday. Time doesn't matter.