FF

DrunkBomber

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind PPC.

I hate all the flex options. One is good, but no more then that. Otherwise you end up starting all these crap players who aren't going to have meaningful playing time.

I've heard good things about that pay-out web site. A buddy of mine did it and says it's great. Instead of paying an individual, you deposit your money in a bank, so-to-speak. The day the season is over with, the winner gets paid. It's free.

Were going to have someone be a treasurer and we can either paypal the money or send a check or anything else we can think of.

I think we will be able to get a second league going so I will get on that

All the options for the league are going to be up for debate.

What are everyones thoughts on PPC? Also, how many flex players should we have.Im thinking two or three flex players. I also like to have one flex that can be a second quarterback. Any other input let me know. Also, draft time. As of now its at 8 ct the monday before the season starts. let me know when everyone is available.

I don't mind PPC.

I hate all the flex options. One is good, but no more then that. Otherwise you end up starting all these crap players who aren't going to have meaningful playing time.

I've heard good things about that pay-out web site. A buddy of mine did it and says it's great. Instead of paying an individual, you deposit your money in a bank, so-to-speak. The day the season is over with, the winner gets paid. It's free.

I also think one flex player would be good, the more options the more diluted you get.

When talking flex, are we talking starter or depth. If starter, I am totally cool w/ one flex spot. I do like having freedom though in terms of my depth chart. I have played in leagues were you draft a specific number of RBs, WRs, etc., and others were you have set positions you start, but fill your roster however you want. If you have confidence in, for example, your QB, you can go light on QB depth and add an extra RB or WR. So flexibility in our roster is a preferred way to go for me.

Couple scoring ideas to chew on.

- Bonus categories. I am a big fan of bonuses. I like giving extra credit to the receiver who hauls in 10 catches or 100 yards, or the RB who gets 100 yards. I like when we have a bonus for the QB not only getting 300 yards, but if their completion % is above whatever set mark. I like when we reward big plays. Bonus for the WR on 50+ yard passing plays. This is a good way to offset/reward big play WRs vs possession WRs, as a Hester like player is less likely to haul in 10 catches than a TJ Hous type, but more likely to have a game changing big play.

Anyway, there are a ton of bonus options, and I love them. It really puts an extra twist when evaluating players. You start to factor more than just the main stats.

- Further, I am big on negative plays. Make it painful to draft high interception QBs or RBs who have fumble issues.

Admittedly, I am a big score guy. I much prefer when the top FF team in a week is getting around 200 points, rather than the top team getting like 50.

- Final point. I know it was mentioned considering a "keeper" player. IMHO, we may want to wait a year for that to make sure we have a set league. It would be great to do, but can we count on keeping the same ten owners each year? If not, it may not be very fair to have keeper players for some teams but not all.

I agree with a PPR with just 1 flex.

When talking flex, are we talking starter or depth. If starter, I am totally cool w/ one flex spot. I do like having freedom though in terms of my depth chart. I have played in leagues were you draft a specific number of RBs, WRs, etc., and others were you have set positions you start, but fill your roster however you want. If you have confidence in, for example, your QB, you can go light on QB depth and add an extra RB or WR. So flexibility in our roster is a preferred way to go for me.

Couple scoring ideas to chew on.

- Bonus categories. I am a big fan of bonuses. I like giving extra credit to the receiver who hauls in 10 catches or 100 yards, or the RB who gets 100 yards. I like when we have a bonus for the QB not only getting 300 yards, but if their completion % is above whatever set mark. I like when we reward big plays. Bonus for the WR on 50+ yard passing plays. This is a good way to offset/reward big play WRs vs possession WRs, as a Hester like player is less likely to haul in 10 catches than a TJ Hous type, but more likely to have a game changing big play.

Anyway, there are a ton of bonus options, and I love them. It really puts an extra twist when evaluating players. You start to factor more than just the main stats.

- Further, I am big on negative plays. Make it painful to draft high interception QBs or RBs who have fumble issues.

Admittedly, I am a big score guy. I much prefer when the top FF team in a week is getting around 200 points, rather than the top team getting like 50.

- Final point. I know it was mentioned considering a "keeper" player. IMHO, we may want to wait a year for that to make sure we have a set league. It would be great to do, but can we count on keeping the same ten owners each year? If not, it may not be very fair to have keeper players for some teams but not all.

OMG I think NFO and I actually agree for once.

OMG I think NFO and I actually agree for once.

With a 10 team league, you can draft 16 deep and make it worth while. PPR is cool if it is only one point. Last year in a league, they had it worth two points, and a good day for a receiver was 40 to 50 points. A RB would have to have a hall of fame day to get into the 40,s as well as a QB. Dont know if anyone is interested, as it sometime get screwed up with collecting the fees, but we have $1 roster changes and $2 for trades. It adds around 150.00 to the winners take at the end of the year.

- Totally agree w/ 1 point per reception. 2 points per minimalizes the value of RBs too much, as well as making it ridiculous how much more valuable a possession receiver can be vs a playmaking WR.

- I do not care for roster change fees. One of the most fun aspects (for me) in FF is in-season roster changes, but having to pay for each change really takes away a big chunk of the fun. Also, IMHO, when you charge for roster fees, you end up w/ problems late in the season. If a team is basically out of it later in the year, and has a player (or multiple) go down w/ injury, they are less likely to replace that injured player if they have to pay a fee to do so, knowing they are out of the running already. If they do not have to pay a fee, most "decent" owers will still continue to play FF and replace their injured player. So, IMHO, fee based roster moves only create problems as it lessens the chances of owners w/ weaker teams staying it in till the end, and for me, there is little worse than a player that just quits.

With a 10 team league, you can draft 16 deep and make it worth while. PPR is cool if it is only one point. Last year in a league, they had it worth two points, and a good day for a receiver was 40 to 50 points. A RB would have to have a hall of fame day to get into the 40,s as well as a QB. Dont know if anyone is interested, as it sometime get screwed up with collecting the fees, but we have $1 roster changes and $2 for trades. It adds around 150.00 to the winners take at the end of the year.

- Totally agree w/ 1 point per reception. 2 points per minimalizes the value of RBs too much, as well as making it ridiculous how much more valuable a possession receiver can be vs a playmaking WR.

- I do not care for roster change fees.

I agree, I love 1 pt per reception but 2 would be overkill. I also do not care for roster change fees.

As of now I have:

1. me

2. nopper20

3. stinger

4. nfo

5. nfo's friend

6. bowlingtwig

7. pixote

8. flea

9. bradjock

10. sulster

Apparently we have our 10. I will send out invites to everyone on this list. Keep in mind, everything from the draft time to the scoring is up for discussion and I am just getting it set up quickly and we can vote on other stuff.

Looks like we have 9 out of 10 signed up. Not sure who we are missing. Hard to tell, some names do not match up to usernames on the forum. Hope we get things set soon so we can finalize the rules. I want to have plenty of time to work on my rankings per the roster and scoring rules of the league.

Looks like we have 9 out of 10 signed up. Not sure who we are missing. Hard to tell, some names do not match up to usernames on the forum. Hope we get things set soon so we can finalize the rules. I want to have plenty of time to work on my rankings per the roster and scoring rules of the league.

I've signed up :D

League is full. As NFO stated the draft is currently set for Labor Day which I realize might be a problem for some people. Can everyone post what days they would prefer to draft, what days they can draft and what days they cant draft and we can try and make it accomodating for everyone. Later today I will start posting polls for stuff like scoring and rosters as well.

League is full. As NFO stated the draft is currently set for Labor Day which I realize might be a problem for some people. Can everyone post what days they would prefer to draft, what days they can draft and what days they cant draft and we can try and make it accomodating for everyone. Later today I will start posting polls for stuff like scoring and rosters as well.

Saturday Night, Anytime on Sundays or Mondays. Sun Aug 23rd I am tied up early until about 2PM. If I had to pick an ideal day for me it would be Sunday August 30th, anytime day or night.

Personally, I have no issue w/ Labor Day, and neither does Papabear (my friend). In fact, I actually prefer it simply as I like to draft as late as possible. There is nothing worse than watching your top pick go down in the last meaningless pre-season game.

I believe Papabear is out of town The previous weekend.

The other thing I am curious about is, we seem to be talking mostly about weekends. Why not weekdays? If we are talking about hosting the draft in the evening, I would think weekdays would be just as good, or better, than weekends.

I have the 30th open, and previously stated was taken, so that is an excellent day.

Personally, I have no issue w/ Labor Day, and neither does Papabear (my friend). In fact, I actually prefer it simply as I like to draft as late as possible. There is nothing worse than watching your top pick go down in the last meaningless pre-season game.

I believe Papabear is out of town The previous weekend.

The other thing I am curious about is, we seem to be talking mostly about weekends. Why not weekdays? If we are talking about hosting the draft in the evening, I would think weekdays would be just as good, or better, than weekends.

Weekday nights are a problem with me as I go to bed real early compared to most people because of work. Weekends work best for me especially Sundays and Mondays. August 30 would be great for me.

Would it be a problem for you to actually have it Labor Day? I know it sounds bad, but most people I know are done w/ doing whatever before the point we would draft. And frankly, most I know do stuff labor day weekend, rather than that monday night as they have to work the following day.

Just asking because I know my friend is out of town that previous weekend, and while I am not out of town, it isn't a great weekend for me either.

Weekday nights are a problem with me as I go to bed real early compared to most people because of work. Weekends work best for me especially Sundays and Mondays. August 30 would be great for me.

Would it be a problem for you to actually have it Labor Day? I know it sounds bad, but most people I know are done w/ doing whatever before the point we would draft. And frankly, most I know do stuff labor day weekend, rather than that monday night as they have to work the following day.

Just asking because I know my friend is out of town that previous weekend, and while I am not out of town, it isn't a great weekend for me either.

I have 2 jobs, and the 1 job that I am referring to I work every day, regardless of the day or the weather. 365 days a year, even in blizzard and 30 below. It sucks when its like that but it pays the bills. I have to be in at 2am CDT Monday thru Saturday and I have to be in at 12 midnight on Sundays so my alarm goes off on that day at 11:15pm on Saturdays. I deliver the paper. We deliver 10 different papers with the main Paper that I deliver is the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times, this is how I know about some of the articles that is in them before everyone else, that is if I have enough time to read them. Hopefully that answers your question. With my other job it wouldn't interfere with the draft unless the draft was during the day on a weekday.

Schedule sucks, but kinda cool to get the news before everyone else.

One thing I still am not sure. Is Labor day (Monday, Sept 7th) bad for you?

I have 2 jobs, and the 1 job that I am referring to I work every day, regardless of the day or the weather. 365 days a year, even in blizzard and 30 below. It sucks when its like that but it pays the bills. I have to be in at 2am CDT Monday thru Saturday and I have to be in at 12 midnight on Sundays so my alarm goes off on that day at 11:15pm on Saturdays. I deliver the paper. We deliver 10 different papers with the main Paper that I deliver is the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times, this is how I know about some of the articles that is in them before everyone else, that is if I have enough time to read them. Hopefully that answers your question. With my other job it wouldn't interfere with the draft unless the draft was during the day on a weekday.