FF

DrunkBomber

OK, I just got back from my 12 team draft and need a grade. We have a flex player between 3 WR or3 RB. We also get a 3 pt bonus for 100 yards rushing or recieving. D/ST also are pretty big scorers. Most everything else is standard. Here they are in order.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Clinton Portis

3. Kevin Smith

4. Vincent Jackson

5. Roy Williams

6. Carson Palmer

7. Greg Olsen

8. Chargers D/ST

9. Jay Cutler

10. Justin Gage

11. Josh Morgan

12. Jamal Charles

13. Earl Bennett

14. Shayne Graham

I need a little work on my WR's, but my backs will be my flex guys. I was one pick from getting Hester in the 10th.

Please critique if you will.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question. Our league is titled "keeper league."

I know we talked about trying to get a keeper league going. Is that the idea here? If we, while I realize players are not kept until next year, should we decide the rules of keeper players?

I want to try to. If not its no big deal. We will come up with some guidelines.

If we are going to have keepers, I think we should decide prior to the draft, as it makes a different. Stafford may not be a QB I would consider (just an example) but if we are going to have a keeper league, I might take a late flyer on him. If you don't have keepers, you often pick more experienced backups who can help you now, but if you do have the keeper element, you are more often willing to draft young players who are iffy to help this year, but have great potential value after.

I am all for keepers but of course we can talk about the rules and such during the season.

Ok, need opinions....

I drafted a team for FF that is hosted for the Company I work for. I decided instead of playing in 6 FF Leagues this year, because of things going on at work and home, I would only play 2, one for work, one for this forum.

My 1st draft was a few weeks ago and after making a trade and picking up a few players cut by one crazy guy, I would up with the below lineup. I would love your opinions if you do not mind.

Keep in mind there was one guy who was absent and blew his prerankings for autodraft and wound up with 7 QBs on a 17 man roster. He insists he did this to terade them for players. He wants too much for them. So it was hard to wind up with 2 good QBs unless you drafted them too early.

We start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 RB/WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D/ST with high scoring format and PPR

I picked 10th in a ten team league, thus went with a stud WR theory.

Donovan McNabb PHI (4)

Shaun Hill SFO (6) (plays STL in SF Wk 4, I love the matchup, picked as FA, dropped Robiski)

(Flacco, Penninton, Campbell, and CLE QB? are available as FA but think S Hill might be best option for week 4)

Ronnie Brown MIA (6)

Joseph Addai IND (6)

Donald Brown IND (6) Handcuff & Sleeper

Ray Rice BAL (7)

Marshawn Lynch BUF (9) (Picked up on Waiver Wire, dropped Betts)(should be good after returning in week 4)

Larry Fitzgerald (ARI (4)

Andre Johnson HOU (10)

Wes Welker NEP (8)

Anthony Gonzalez IND (6) (Traded Willie Parker to get him, IMO, a good trade? I think he will be a top 15 WR in PPR)

Antonio Bryant TBB (8) (picked up on Waiver Wire, dropped Crabtree)

Kellen Winslow TBB (8)

Jeremy Shockey NOS (5) (Couldn't get a STUD TE, but have good TE by Committee, IMO)

Nate Keading SDC (5)

D/ST MIN Vikings (9)

D/ST PHI Eagles (4) Plan on playing DEF by Committee, these two meld good for matchups.

I should have all BYE Weeks covered unless injuries crop up except for Kicker which is no big deal.

Do you think my team is a strong contender despite not having the STUD RB? Be honest, I have time to trade but I always seem to regret trades I make in FF later in the season. I have had some real bad trades in the past.

RBs don't look pretty, but then you get to your WRs and damn. When you are that stacked at a position, you are going to be a tad weak in another.

Personally, I wouldn't go after trades just yet. Rarely is someone willing to make a good offer early on for trades. I personally am a waiver wire guy. Almost always, you see players come out of no where. Watch the first few weeks and see if a RB steps up and then grab him. W/ a WR group like you have, I think you can afford to wait.

Brown isn't too bad, and I'll tell you what. 1st 1/2 of Miami's schedule is far easier than the 2nd half. Brown may give you decent play early on, but you are going to want something more for the 2nd half of the season.

Addai isn't horrible, but not one you want to count too much on. Hard to believe anyone can't do well in that offense, but he struggles. He could get some nice receiving to go w/ rushing if he can stay healthy. Good pick w/ D.Brown as a handcuff. If Addai doesn't step up this year, Brown could very well take over, and again, when talking about that offense, skys the limit.

Rice is a toss up as it is hard to tell who will get how many snaps. Lynch is interesting as he could be helping when you need him, later on.

Yea, you could use a RB, but w/ the other positions you have filled, I think you have wiggle room to wait and see if you can't get someone off the waiver wire.

Love those WRs. 3 potential top 10 WRs in PPR league play. Also agreed AG has high potential this year, especially w/ Harrison gone.

Not sure why you don't think you got a stud TE. Winslow struggled w/ injuries and bad offense last year, but previous two years averaged about 85 catches for 1,000 and 4 TDs. That is stud territory. Solid backup too.

Overall, in a lPPR eague that you start 3 WR and 1 flex, I think you have the sort of WR talent that can carry you. You need some changes, but personally, nothing I would make a big deal about right now. You only want to make a trade when it favors you, and right now, few owners are going to make trades that are favorable for you. Wait it out and watch the waiver wire for RBs that unexpectedly step up.

Ok, need opinions....

I drafted a team for FF that is hosted for the Company I work for. I decided instead of playing in 6 FF Leagues this year, because of things going on at work and home, I would only play 2, one for work, one for this forum.

My 1st draft was a few weeks ago and after making a trade and picking up a few players cut by one crazy guy, I would up with the below lineup. I would love your opinions if you do not mind.

Keep in mind there was one guy who was absent and blew his prerankings for autodraft and wound up with 7 QBs on a 17 man roster. He insists he did this to terade them for players. He wants too much for them. So it was hard to wind up with 2 good QBs unless you drafted them too early.

We start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 RB/WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D/ST with high scoring format and PPR

I picked 10th in a ten team league, thus went with a stud WR theory.

Donovan McNabb PHI (4)

Shaun Hill SFO (6) (plays STL in SF Wk 4, I love the matchup, picked as FA, dropped Robiski)

(Flacco, Penninton, Campbell, and CLE QB? are available as FA but think S Hill might be best option for week 4)

Ronnie Brown MIA (6)

Joseph Addai IND (6)

Ray Rice BAL (7)

Marshawn Lynch BUF (9) (Picked up on Waiver Wire, dropped Betts)(should be good after returning in week 4)

Andre Johnson HOU (10)

Wes Welker NEP (8)

Anthony Gonzalez IND (6) (Traded Willie Parker to get him, IMO, a good trade? I think he will be a top 15 WR in PPR)

Kellen Winslow TBB (8)

Jeremy Shockey NOS (5) (Couldn't get a STUD TE, but have good TE by Committee, IMO)

Nate Keading SDC (5)

D/ST MIN Vikings (9)

D/ST PHI Eagles (4) Plan on playing DEF by Committee, these two meld good for matchups.

I should have all BYE Weeks covered unless injuries crop up except for Kicker which is no big deal.

Do you think my team is a strong contender despite not having the STUD RB? Be honest, I have time to trade but I always seem to regret trades I make in FF later in the season. I have had some real bad trades in the past.

OK, I just got back from my 12 team draft and need a grade. We have a flex player between 3 WR or3 RB. We also get a 3 pt bonus for 100 yards rushing or recieving. D/ST also are pretty big scorers. Most everything else is standard. Here they are in order.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Clinton Portis

3. Kevin Smith

4. Vincent Jackson

5. Roy Williams

6. Carson Palmer

7. Greg Olsen

8. Chargers D/ST

9. Jay Cutler

10. Justin Gage

11. Josh Morgan

12. Jamal Charles

13. Earl Bennett

14. Shayne Graham

I need a little work on my WR's, but my backs will be my flex guys. I was one pick from getting Hester in the 10th.

RB are solid, I wish mine were, LOL

Good at all other positions except WR. I think you have a good pair of QBs, I obviously love Olsen at TE, & SDC have a good D/ST. Very seldom do you find a team without a weakness and your WRs might surprise you. It is usually the position that you can find, as the season starts, a sleeper on the Waiver Wire.

Good Luck!

I just noticed they dont take paypal. If you would like you can paypal me or anyone you know in the league and I will put the payment through.

Pm me your paypal addy & I'll get it strat to ya

With regards Keepers I'd like to think we can keep the group together & have it as a regular league, the only question we'd need to determine now is how many keepers. 2??

Ok, need opinions....

Donovan McNabb PHI (4)

Not a thing wrong with your QB's I too love the Shaun Hill pickup

Ronnie Brown MIA (6)

Joseph Addai IND (6)

Ray Rice BAL (7)

Not a strong point but as NFO said those WR's make up for it. Brown is a nice player & should do ok for ya. Addai would make me wary he did not have a good year last year so it's a great idea to have Brown also. I think theres a good chance he gets the majority of carries by season end. Ray Rice is a hard one to call as ya don't know who'll get carries in Baltimore game to game. Lynch I think is your best pick of the RB's He'll be fine after week 4

Andre Johnson HOU (10)

Wes Welker NEP (8)

Solid with a capital S. Fitz & Johnson are the 2 best receivers in the league. Moss might get the hype in New England but \Welker got 111 catches last season & gets Brady back = PPR KACHING. Gonzalez should get some decent numbers though Clark I think gets most of Harrisons catches. Bryant had a great year but has never done it back to back(I think) but as a waiver pick up it's a nice move.

Kellen Winslow TBB (8)

2 good TE's.I've gone with John Carlson in a few leagues as I think he'll have a monster year this year

Nate Keading SDC (5)

meh I pick K's up week to week

D/ST MIN Vikings (9)

good D's but I usually treat em the same as K's

Definitely a contender.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Clinton Portis

3. Kevin Smith

4. Vincent Jackson

5. Roy Williams

6. Carson Palmer

7. Greg Olsen

8. Chargers D/ST

9. Jay Cutler

10. Justin Gage

11. Josh Morgan

12. Jamal Charles

13. Earl Bennett

14. Shayne Graham

Love the RB's While theres no stud in your receivers( I'd personally hate to rely on Roy Williams) they aren't that bad. Love the Josh Morgan pick

Is the league a PPR league? If so, I see a bit of trouble, as your top 2 RBs do not catch the ball much, which hurts. Also, your WRs are not high catch guys. If the league is not PPR,

QB - Nice pair. Palmer has a ton of upside, while Cutler should be a good/solid player.

RB - Solid group, but the one thing that does stand out is injury concern, as your top 2 have dealt w/ injury issues, and your #3 is young and on a bad team.

WR - This is really a boom/bust group. Jackson can rackup yards, but doesn't get many catches, and is a bit boom or bust. Not a fan of Roy Williams. He is getting trashed here in Dallas. Gage and Morgan are both very much game-to-game boom bust.

TE - Obviously love Olsen. Just curious, but what # TE was he?

D/ST - Good pick.

Overall, solid at QB, RB and TE. Weak at WR, though w/ upside if players take a step. If all stay healthy, could be a solid group, but I would be a tad worried about the health of some, particularly the studs you are relying on.

RB are solid, I wish mine were, LOL

Good at all other positions except WR. I think you have a good pair of QBs, I obviously love Olsen at TE, & SDC have a good D/ST. Very seldom do you find a team without a weakness and your WRs might surprise you. It is usually the position that you can find, as the season starts, a sleeper on the Waiver Wire.

Good Luck!

Question. Our league is titled "keeper league."

I know we talked about trying to get a keeper league going. Is that the idea here? If we, while I realize players are not kept until next year, should we decide the rules of keeper players?

Good question. Better question: How the hell do you do a keeper league on yahoo? Unless I'm missing something, people in keeper leagues have to enter their results manually.

Is the league a PPR league? If so, I see a bit of trouble, as your top 2 RBs do not catch the ball much, which hurts. Also, your WRs are not high catch guys. If the league is not PPR,

QB - Nice pair. Palmer has a ton of upside, while Cutler should be a good/solid player.

RB - Solid group, but the one thing that does stand out is injury concern, as your top 2 have dealt w/ injury issues, and your #3 is young and on a bad team.

WR - This is really a boom/bust group. Jackson can rackup yards, but doesn't get many catches, and is a bit boom or bust. Not a fan of Roy Williams. He is getting trashed here in Dallas. Gage and Morgan are both very much game-to-game boom bust.

TE - Obviously love Olsen. Just curious, but what # TE was he?

D/ST - Good pick.

Overall, solid at QB, RB and TE. Weak at WR, though w/ upside if players take a step. If all stay healthy, could be a solid group, but I would be a tad worried about the health of some, particularly the studs you are relying on.

Not a PPR league, but rewards 3pts per 100 yd rushing and/or recieving. I got Olsen as the 5th TE taken. Thanks for the feedback. Good luck with yours.

DB, are we going to adjust the start of the draft a few hours earlier? Earlier in the thread there was an exchange by several managers in the league that indicated no one who replied would object to such a move. It is Labor Day and I suspect everyone will be off. Is there a chance of an afternoon draft? If not, how about a 5 or 6 PM start? I know Bowlingtwig has to get up at around 1 AM for work, I usually get up about 5:30 AM, and believe me, I need at least 8 hours of beauty sleep, don't let me show you a picture of me to prove this, LOL.

DB, are we going to adjust the start of the draft a few hours earlier? Earlier in the thread there was an exchange by several managers in the league that indicated no one who replied would object to such a move. It is Labor Day and I suspect everyone will be off. Is there a chance of an afternoon draft? If not, how about a 5 or 6 PM start? I know Bowlingtwig has to get up at around 1 AM for work, I usually get up about 5:30 AM, and believe me, I need at least 8 hours of beauty sleep, don't let me show you a picture of me to prove this, LOL.

Please Pix don't show them. I already get to see you that early as it is lol.

Just got back from a draft where I had the 8th pick. Here is the team. We do point per reception. Flex 3RB or 3 WR. Please let me know what you think -

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Peyton Manning

3. Anquan Boldin

4. Chad Ochocinco

5. Darren MacFadden

6. Steelers D

7. Ray Rice

8. Marshawn Lynch

9. Brandon Marshall

10. Kellen Winslow

11. Willie Parker

12. Ahmad Bradshaw