Cutler outta control on twitter

CrackerDog

That would make a hell of a lot of sense. I'd also fully support bringing Eddie Royal over as a FA signing. He's had a lot of injury problems but would be a solid depth addition who would work nicely in the slot. Should be pretty cheap too.

It does sound like we are going to see Hester take on a more significant role in the passing game next year out of the slot position.

With the Dolphins bringing in a new coach and a source telling me that Cutler has the 2nd most power of anyone at Halas Hall combined with Briggs wanting a trade, a Marshall for Briggs swap + draft picks would make a lot of sense.

Phillips and McCaskey both mentioned getting Cutler talent to work with about 8 times each after JA was fired.

Not saying it will happen, but it isn't entirely impossible.

With the Dolphins bringing in a new coach and a source telling me that Cutler has the 2nd most power of anyone at Halas Hall combined with Briggs wanting a trade, a Marshall for Briggs swap + draft picks would make a lot of sense.

Phillips and McCaskey both mentioned getting Cutler talent to work with about 8 times each after JA was fired.

Not saying it will happen, but it isn't entirely impossible.

Interesting concept. I wonder what the Bears would get in return. I also wonder what they would intend to do at OLB if they moved Briggs (who is darn good). Are there any good FA out there? I'd assume we could get a quality OLB in the draft at 19.

I agree with you, he would do well here, but being under contract its not his choice. Why would they trade there only good WR?

I'd be shocked if Miami didn't look to move Marshall for some value due to flat out rebuilding.

They were a playoff caliber team when they signed Marshall to that big contract and things just fell apart on them at the QB position.

I've been screaming for a Marshall trade since the trade deadline as it makes absolute sense...it'll make even more sense should the Bears hire Bates as the QB Coach.

Not sure Briggs would get it done however....they gave two 2nds for Marshall and I'm thinking if they take Briggs (whether they have interest in him or not) it'll take the Olsen 3rd Rounder as well.

Interesting concept. I wonder what the Bears would get in return. I also wonder what they would intend to do at OLB if they moved Briggs (who is darn good). Are there any good FA out there? I'd assume we could get a quality OLB in the draft at 19.

Nobody in free agency that's worth a crap outside of Curtis Lofton from ATL but I believe he plays ILB. I haven't been following the LB position in the draft at all. Whats the breakdown for OLB? It would be great to get a guy that could bring a pass rush. Haven't had that since Colvin left and Urlacher was a young'n.

Id much rather give them the 19th pick then Briggs

Briggs is a great OLB but he'll be out of his prime soon, and the Bears need to get younger at OLB anyways. If they could trade Briggs and a 3rd or 4th for Marshall, they have to do it. Remember, Briggs wants a pretty significant extension and is unhappy about not receiving it yet. Then again, the new GM might want to give him that extra money. However, the chemistry between Marshall and Cutler is undeniable. If you can get Marshall for Briggs and keep that #1 pick to draft a OLB or OT, you do it.

Possible Briggs replacement in the 3rd round? (look at their NFL comparison)

Briggs is a great OLB but he'll be out of his prime soon, and the Bears need to get younger at OLB anyways. If they could trade Briggs and a 3rd or 4th for Marshall, they have to do it. Remember, Briggs wants a pretty significant extension and is unhappy about not receiving it yet. Then again, the new GM might want to give him that extra money. However, the chemistry between Marshall and Cutler is undeniable. If you can get Marshall for Briggs and keep that #1 pick to draft a OLB or OT, you do it.

Ya I would do either trade, I would just prefer to keep Briggs over the pick. However, that may be me still having nightmares about JA in my head so my opinion might change depending who our gm is.

I'm not trading the 19th pick for Marshasll, not with the free agent wideouts available.

I'm in agreement on this point but you have to also add that this draft is deep with WR talent so there's even less reason to trade that pick for a WR, proven or not.