Disgusting

BearFan2000

We got a taste of our own medicine tonight. Our offense against a legit D and we show how bad we are. Did Tice even realize what the weather was going to be like? Say what you want about the officiating it sucked in general but I would say sucked for both teams. My hats off to the Bears D as they fought all game kept us in this game... We lost 13-6.... We couldn't manage a single friggin TD. What the hell was this chickencrap offense at the and of the game. D got us the ball back almost 3 min left, 1 timeout plus the 2 min warning and you need a TD. We throw a check down on first down that gains maybe one yard, then throw another short pass and get a holding call making it 2nd and long, we then throw another short pass, making it 3rd and long, following that we throw another check down give us 4th & 9, which we then throw another short pass.. Did anyone in that offensive huddle, and Tice realize the situation. If your going to go down in that situation go down fighting it's like we weren't even trying. We were plagued by dropped balls, and turnovers, and we looked like the team not prepared for the field conditions.

The message is clear, if we are going to go anywhere it will be the Defense carrying this team the Offense can't be relied on. 1 TD drive and a made FG and we would have won this game. The texans had one good drive for a TD the FG drive started on our side of the 50 and only needed to drive a short distance to kick it. Other than that the Bears defense held the Texans offense down, and gave us many oportunities on offense to put points on the board. For the most part we had great starting field position but couldn't get out of our own way. Costly turnovers early, be it the Bush fumble, the picks.

One thing to think about and something I'd like to know is as often as Cutler gets hit wouldn't you think you'd have Campbell more prepared to come in? He looked afraid to throw the ball. For most of the second half we'd run on first down for no gain, throw a short ball on 2nd down, and then either throw short of the sticks on 3rd and long or have a drop (I'm talking about you Kellen "Stone Hands" Davis) Wake me up when we have a real TE. Sad thing thus far we've struggled offensively early, but against the lesser opponents been able to catch a break (usually by a big Defensive play or two) and finally get the offense rolling. Against the better teams in this league particularly the better defenses in the league this offense can't get any traction. Now we go into SF next Monday night (yay) where we'll probably be without cutler, will likely again get our arses handed to us. Was nice being 7-1, but that fall back to reality can hurt like hell. Unless the Bears can muster some semblance of an NFL caliber offense forget even thinking Superbowl.

Kellen Winslow should have been with this team 6 weeks ago. I swear to God, if I have to watch another lack luster performance from our TE['s] I'm going to puke. There's got to be somebody on the street that can catch a football, right? The Bears are getting absolutely ZERO production from that position on offense and it's killing us.

I predicted a loss, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, but when you see a game in reach, the way this one was, and you don't come through, it makes it tough to swallow. What makes it worse is that you don't really get a good barometer of the team because its quarterback only played a half.

We got a taste of our own medicine tonight. Our offense against a legit D and we show how bad we are. Did Tice even realize what the weather was going to be like? Say what you want about the officiating it sucked in general but I would say sucked for both teams. My hats off to the Bears D as they fought all game kept us in this game... We lost 13-6.... We couldn't manage a single friggin TD. What the hell was this chickencrap offense at the and of the game. D got us the ball back almost 3 min left, 1 timeout plus the 2 min warning and you need a TD. We throw a check down on first down that gains maybe one yard, then throw another short pass and get a holding call making it 2nd and long, we then throw another short pass, making it 3rd and long, following that we throw another check down give us 4th & 9, which we then throw another short pass.. Did anyone in that offensive huddle, and Tice realize the situation. If your going to go down in that situation go down fighting it's like we weren't even trying. We were plagued by dropped balls, and turnovers, and we looked like the team not prepared for the field conditions.

The message is clear, if we are going to go anywhere it will be the Defense carrying this team the Offense can't be relied on. 1 TD drive and a made FG and we would have won this game. The texans had one good drive for a TD the FG drive started on our side of the 50 and only needed to drive a short distance to kick it. Other than that the Bears defense held the Texans offense down, and gave us many oportunities on offense to put points on the board. For the most part we had great starting field position but couldn't get out of our own way. Costly turnovers early, be it the Bush fumble, the picks.

One thing to think about and something I'd like to know is as often as Cutler gets hit wouldn't you think you'd have Campbell more prepared to come in? He looked afraid to throw the ball. For most of the second half we'd run on first down for no gain, throw a short ball on 2nd down, and then either throw short of the sticks on 3rd and long or have a drop (I'm talking about you Kellen "Stone Hands" Davis) Wake me up when we have a real TE. Sad thing thus far we've struggled offensively early, but against the lesser opponents been able to catch a break (usually by a big Defensive play or two) and finally get the offense rolling. Against the better teams in this league particularly the better defenses in the league this offense can't get any traction. Now we go into SF next Monday night (yay) where we'll probably be without cutler, will likely again get our arses handed to us. Was nice being 7-1, but that fall back to reality can hurt like hell. Unless the Bears can muster some semblance of an NFL caliber offense forget even thinking Superbowl.

For the offense, I saw 3 drives that were killers. Both of Cutler's INTs happened on the HOU side of the 50, we should've had points. Everyone knew it was going to be a ball control game, and limiting turnovers should've been key. Instead, Cutler throws 2 horrible picks that kill drives. Then in the 3rd we get to the HOU 5 and we only get a FG. Where the hell was Bush when we had 1st and Goal at the 10? Instead we run Forte twice for 4 yards, making Campbell throw on 3rd down.

Please just cut Davis, definitely an addition by subtraction. He either misses a block or holds, he drops or deflects passes in defenders hands, or fumbles after the catch. He is worthless.

Kellen Winslow should have been with this team 6 weeks ago. I swear to God, if I have to watch another lack luster performance from our TE['s] I'm going to puke. There's got to be somebody on the street that can catch a football, right? The Bears are getting absolutely ZERO production from that position on offense and it's killing us.

I predicted a loss, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, but when you see a game in reach, the way this one was, and you don't come through, it makes it tough to swallow. What makes it worse is that you don't really get a good barometer of the team because its quarterback only played a half.

Did you not get enough of Cutler before he got hurt? He looked like crap, even when he had time.

Davis was a big reason why we lost tonight. His only catch resulted in a fumble. You can't play much worse.

It's only one game. Against a good team. We sucked it. Again. On O. Until we can formulate some O against a good team, every critic can question us.

Did you not get enough of Cutler before he got hurt? He looked like crap, even when he had time.

Davis was a big reason why we lost tonight. His only catch resulted in a fumble. You can't play much worse.

I agree that he looked like crap. I just wish he could have lasted the entire game to see how he would have responded to a bad first half performance. I made the statement back in week 2 that I'm now off the Cutler bandwagon, as far as him being a Superbowl winner, until I see him have a big time performance against some of the elite teams in this league. You're not measured by how badly you beat up on the dead dog teams in this league, you're measured by how you perform when you are up against the best. I just don't trust him. A comeback win against Houston would have done a lot to change that.

For the offense, I saw 3 drives that were killers. Both of Cutler's INTs happened on the HOU side of the 50, we should've had points. Everyone knew it was going to be a ball control game, and limiting turnovers should've been key. Instead, Cutler throws 2 horrible picks that kill drives. Then in the 3rd we get to the HOU 5 and we only get a FG. Where the hell was Bush when we had 1st and Goal at the 10? Instead we run Forte twice for 4 yards, making Campbell throw on 3rd down.

Please just cut Davis, definitely an addition by subtraction. He either misses a block or holds, he drops or deflects passes in defenders hands, or fumbles after the catch. He is worthless.

How about Gould's missed FG? Mr. "Good as Gould" has 3 misses in his last 4 games now.

How about Bush's fumble? The dumbass had a first down by 7 yards and instead of falling, he tried to keep going for a whole ONE yard and lost the ball.

How about Hester's drop? Now I know it hit him in a bad spot (his hands), but I swear to God, if he's on the Bears next year for anything over $3M, I'll puke. He sucks.

How about Marshall's drop in the endzone? Again, it hit him RIGHT in the hands for an easy TD.

Let's not act like Cutler's 2 INT's were the 2 biggest mistakes of the game. Bush had a fumble, Gould missed a FG, Marshall and Hester had drops, etc.

It doesn't matter. You take your chances with Jay Cutler over Jason Campbell for 30 minutes of football, whether Cutler played poorly or not. He usually plays much better in the 2nd half of games.

But yes, Davis is f***ing terrible. I'm happy he was booed when he got up from his injury.

As one can tell from how many times I post that I don't like to rip those who play and coach at a pro level. On their worst days they do things I can't dream of ever doing.

Having said that, as a fan, I just have to say a few things!

Tice does not belong as OC on a playoff ready team. Maybe along side of someone who is also learning as they go. The guy has no vision of how to put in a game plan or think outside or even inside a game plan box.

Are Bush and Marshall the only players on Off. that know on days like this it's just f'n run forward!! Yea, Bush lost a ball early trying to make a big play bigger. He's not a rookie, you don't need to bench him to make a point. I did not see every play but I don't remember seeing him much after that fumble till the end of the third quarter or later? And then he still just ran forward, not sideline to sideline.

I have lost all faith in Hester. It seems like he is just running to set records or score touchdowns. No excuse for not getting a first down on that first half catch and run! None!! And I don't want to hear anything, ever again, about a Hester package!! Just run plays for all the WR'. And were is Sanzenbacker? Was he hurt today? Seems like it was a perfect day for his skill set vs Hester.

And how do you only throw what, three passes to the running backs coming out of the backfield today. And don't even talk to me about the TE's. How can someone like Davis at 6'7" and able to be so athletic be such a fuckup. He gets knocked off a route without even being touch. Can't make a few other game changing catches. Sorry, he just should not be on the field no matter how great a potential he has. Spaeth is another who sould be gone ASAP. He's another player who must look a hell of a lot better on the coaches game tape then he does during the game.

As I said in the beginning I'm in no way a smart football person but we should be doing the simple things better this far in the season. Game planning, running plays, personal. etc.

Gould made a 51 yarder in the crap last night. I am not going to rip on him. His missed field goal did not cost us the game. His miss two weeks ago was a block which is not his fault.

Kellen Davis sucks period. I would much rather sees Adams play for him. He should be gone at the end of the year.

Hester can leave at the end of the year if this is all we are going to get from him. I love him as a Bear but he is not worth more than $1 million a year now.

Brandon Marshall has had a great year but he dropped a clear touchdown last night and it was extremely costly.

On a positive note - love what a see from Evan Rodriquez. He had a great block on a big run from Bush. Would like to see how he does catching the ball. Carmini played a much better game. I know he was getting some help but it is a step in the right direction.

Why does it take two to five minutes to review a play? Last night on the opening kickoff it was clear the runner was down by contact and we had to wait for three minutes for them to figure this out.

Peace :dabears

Gould made a 51 yarder in the crap last night. I am not going to rip on him. His missed field goal did not cost us the game. His miss two weeks ago was a block which is not his fault.

That was a helluva kick, and those were terrible kicking conditions, which you've got to take into account when you decide whether to kick a FG or not. I wouldn't have put him out there for a 51 yarder and he nailed it.

Kellen Davis sucks period. I would much rather sees Adams play for him. He should be gone at the end of the year.

Hester can leave at the end of the year if this is all we are going to get from him. I love him as a Bear but he is not worth more than $1 million a year now.

Brandon Marshall has had a great year but he dropped a clear touchdown last night and it was extremely costly.

On a positive note - love what a see from Evan Rodriquez. He had a great block on a big run from Bush. Would like to see how he does catching the ball. Carmini played a much better game. I know he was getting some help but it is a step in the right direction.

Why does it take two to five minutes to review a play? Last night on the opening kickoff it was clear the runner was down by contact and we had to wait for three minutes for them to figure this out.

Agreed on all. Put Spaeth in there as well.(suck category)

This game was a further indictment on our offensive coordinator. The game plan was irratic with almost zero adjustment. Collinsworth was begging for the same thing we all were. Some were questioning the Campbell signing, saying the money could have been spent elsewhere. Godspeed Alshon. Hey Lovie, Daniel Manning made your talent development look incompetant.

My oh my, henny penny the sky is falling. How bout everyone get a collective grip?

chickenlittle.jpg

Agreed. The biggest worry right now is how bad Cut's concussion was.

If that "illegal forward pass" was overturned and it should have.....that game could have been very different last night. I also feel had the Bears had Cut for the 2nd Half they win the game.

If Cutler turns out to be fine, the Bears will be fine as our defense still housed Houston.

Agreed. The biggest worry right now is how bad Cut's concussion was.

If that "illegal forward pass" was overturned and it should have.....that game could have been very different last night. I also feel had the Bears had Cut for the 2nd Half they win the game.

If Cutler turns out to be fine, the Bears will be fine as our defense still housed Houston.

thomas or whoever this piece of floating crud is should have been ejected from the game and given a suspension by the league. that was as flagrant a foul as i have seen since mcmahon. the guy was purposely trying to hurt cutler by hitting him in the head. there is just no other way to read it.

Agree on all. Hester is a waste of space as a WR, and overpaid now as a PR/KO returner. I love what he was, but he is not contributing much right now.

Funniest part about this.....even with the shit performance by the O we still should have won that game. Brandon should have caught that TD pass and Robbie should have hit that FG....Ball game Bears if those two do what they normally do.

Funniest part about this.....even with the shit performance by the O we still should have won that game. Brandon should have caught that TD pass and Robbie should have hit that FG....Ball game Bears if those two do what they normally do.

Tied at 13 actually. After Marshall dropped the touchdown, Gould kicked the 51 yarder that would not have happened if a TD is scored.

That's on Tice.

The Bears drafted a pass-catching TE, and he's shown some decent ability to block, so it makes no sense to have either Davis or Spaeth in the game. Neither can catch a cold, and apparently Davis can't hold onto a ball or run a route without being easily bumped off of it.

That's on Tice.

The Bears drafted a pass-catching TE, and he's shown some decent ability to block, so it makes no sense to have either Davis or Spaeth in the game. Neither can catch a cold, and apparently Davis can't hold onto a ball or run a route without being easily bumped off of it.

I agree its on Tice and Lovie as well for sending Davis out there, but Davis complained about not playing a bigger role in the offense, and this is what he does with his opportunities.